Do you go to the gym?

Started by david, September 14, 2008, 06:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
2 months of no gym. :( sit ups and push ups lang nagagawa ko sa bahay :(

Its time to go workout again.

Quote from: Flying Ninja on August 26, 2014, 07:59:34 PM

sobrang busy eh but I'll make time for it this month

I just recently signed up sa GOLDS libre kc sa office. anu mga tips nyo sa mga newbies.

Start with strength conditioning aka 5x5.... ask the trainers how to perform the exercises you'll need, btw these are basic compound lifts that are indispensable kahit ano man programming.

Deadlifts
Bench press
Shoulder press
Pull ups
Squats
pendlay row

Here's a good read abt 5x5 http://www.eclipsegym.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57

Quote from: nike12 on August 26, 2014, 11:05:26 PM
Quote from: Flying Ninja on August 26, 2014, 07:59:34 PM

sobrang busy eh but I'll make time for it this month

Me too and I'm starting it tonight :P

Quote from: hiei on August 27, 2014, 06:43:36 AM
Start with strength conditioning aka 5x5.... ask the trainers how to perform the exercises you'll need, btw these are basic compound lifts that are indispensable kahit ano man programming.

Deadlifts
Bench press
Shoulder press
Pull ups
Squats
pendlay row

Here's a good read abt 5x5 http://www.eclipsegym.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57

These are actually the same program they gave me. I need to work on my back kc mejo weak daw ung lower back ko.

that's great! just stick on this protocol when starting:
Form/technique then speed then load.

focus on form and right technique first even in a very light weight. the purpose is to lift right and have the body awareness where you can tell that your spine is always straight...

speed just means the fluidity and explosiveness of the movement. but some school of taught prefer the slow 5 sec executions. but in olympic lifting standards, explosiveness of movement is king esp on complex oly lifts like snatch and clean and jerk

weight, this will be the last of your concerns. mas bilib ako sa bumubuhat ng tama kesa sa mga mabibigat na nandadaya ;)

here's the basic naman sa squat but translate even to deadlifts, snatch, clean and jerk, shoulder press...

to keep it simpler kung paano ang neutral midline.  sandal ka sa pader, with heels touching the wall.. mapapansin mo pwet lang naka-dikit.. in order na maging straight from head to heels:
1. tighten abs and butt
2. pinch and bring down the shoulders
3. chin in... dito mapapansin mo didikit na ulo mo sa wall
then remember that feel na diretso or aligned ang head to butt down to heel... yan ang set-up mo everytime you start a lift... even sa deadlift, kapag nag-ben ka you need to keep the upper body stratight - head to butt aligned.

Quote from: hiei on August 28, 2014, 01:41:31 AM
that's great! just stick on this protocol when starting:
Form/technique then speed then load.

focus on form and right technique first even in a very light weight. the purpose is to lift right and have the body awareness where you can tell that your spine is always straight...

speed just means the fluidity and explosiveness of the movement. but some school of taught prefer the slow 5 sec executions. but in olympic lifting standards, explosiveness of movement is king esp on complex oly lifts like snatch and clean and jerk

weight, this will be the last of your concerns. mas bilib ako sa bumubuhat ng tama kesa sa mga mabibigat na nandadaya ;)

here's the basic naman sa squat but translate even to deadlifts, snatch, clean and jerk, shoulder press...

to keep it simpler kung paano ang neutral midline.  sandal ka sa pader, with heels touching the wall.. mapapansin mo pwet lang naka-dikit.. in order na maging straight from head to heels:
1. tighten abs and butt
2. pinch and bring down the shoulders
3. chin in... dito mapapansin mo didikit na ulo mo sa wall
then remember that feel na diretso or aligned ang head to butt down to heel... yan ang set-up mo everytime you start a lift... even sa deadlift, kapag nag-ben ka you need to keep the upper body stratight - head to butt aligned.

Wow this is the most helpful advice I got so far. I really appreciate the tips.
mejo nakaka intimidate lang mga kasabay sa gym minsan

your welcome.
as much as possible dont be intimidated, lahat naman nagsisimula @ certain level. very rare naman yung may makasama ka na sobrang lakas at genuinely fit agad.... btw m ay kasamahan ako sa box ko na ganito. even the owner and coaches nagulat sa fitness level nya. yun pala dati syang US marines hehe  but still he's very much open to learn new skills and improve his flexibility esp his shoulder mobility.

Quote from: Addie on August 27, 2014, 01:43:57 AM
I just recently signed up sa GOLDS libre kc sa office. anu mga tips nyo sa mga newbies.

ako rin. used to be a gym-goer. now lang ulet babalik after almost 3 years...

still at FF! attending group exercise  ;)