Separation of Church and State

Started by carpediem, July 12, 2010, 12:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
kaya yata nag-iingay si Oscar Cruz about jueteng dahil imbyerna na siya sa RH Bill. Just my opinion  ;D

Quote from: ctan on October 02, 2010, 03:45:23 PM
Dapat ipasa na into law ang RH Bill. Most of us medical practitioners are for it. Dapat di na makialam ang simbahan. Let them remind and teach church-goers what their stand is, and not to meddle with what the government wants to do.

So agree

Ayoko mag-speculate. Hehehe. Basta ang sa akin, dapat umasenso na itong RH Bill na ito. Ang hihilig kasi ng mga Pinoy eh, ayun palobo population natin.

I realize that what drives the Philippine Laws are tenets of our religion. Laws exist because we all believe in the concept of good and bad. The objective of the law is to suppress what's bad, what's not orderly, what's not good. Thus, a true separation of Church and state is seemingly impossible. However, I do realize too that the government of the Church must be separate from the government of man. And maybe, this is what we all want -- the separation of the Church's and state's governments.

nakita ko lang...

The separation of Church and State shall be inviolable. (Article II, Section 6)

No law shall be made respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. The free exercise and enjoyment of religious profession and worship, without discrimination or preference, shall forever be allowed. No religious test shall be required for the exercise of civil or political rights. (Article III, Section 5).

from the constitution of the philippines

RE: damaso, rizal dude: oo, sige, bastos yung ginawa nya. But I still think that it's brilliant.

RE: population of filipinos: marami kasing mga mahirap dati. dati wala pang global warming kaya malamig sa gabi. dahil mahirap sila, sa bahay kubo lang sila nakatira. kaya tuwing gabi, malamig... alam na  ;D

Exactly. It is written in the Constitution. For the Church to interfere with government process is unconstitutional.

And didn't Jesus said, "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"?

That means the Church is disobeying both the Constitution, and their own teachings.

We should uphold the wall of separation of church and state.

^ Yup, I recently learned that the phrase "the wall of separation of church and state" was by Thomas Jefferson.

The authors of the US Constitution took great pains to make sure that there is clear separation of church and state. They made sure that the government that they established would be secular.

The Philippine Constitution which is primarily based on the US Constitution also specifically specifies the separation as mentioned above.

The current PCSO-CBCP scandal is proof that the separation of Church and State in the Philippines is bogus.

naalala ko, nagkaroon ng debate nung kolehiyo ako kung tama bang makialam ang simbahan sa gobyerno.
sa kasamaang palad, napunta ako sa "oo" kaya hindi ko nadepensa ng maayos ang aking panig. ehehe

sa kabilang banda. hindi naman talaga dapat makialam ang simbahan sa gobyerno. sana mas maintindihan ito ng mga nasa simbahan

basta ako. i am faithful but not religious.
hindi ako naniniwala sa mga religions
nagpapayaman lang ang mga namamahala jan ???

Did a little research. Here are the statements about religion and practice from the Constitution.

"The separation of Church and State shall be inviolable."

- Article 2, section 6 of the Philippine Constitution

"No law shall be made respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof... No religious test shall be required for the exercise of civil or political rights."

- Article 3, section 5 of the Philippine Constitution

"No public money or property shall be appropriated, applied, paid, or employed, directly or indirectly, for the use, benefit, or support of any sect, church, denomination, sectarian institution, or system of religion, or of any priest, preacher, minister, other religious teacher, or dignitary as such..."

- Article 6, section 29 of the Philippine Constitution

"One-half of the seats allocated to the party-list representatives shall be filled, as provided by law, by selection or election from ... sectors as may be provided by law, except the religious sector."

- Art. 6, section 5(2) of the Philippine Constitution

"Religious denominations and sects shall not be registered (as a political party, organization or coalition, by the Comelec)"

- Art. 9, C, section 2(5) of the Philippine Constitution

"Charitable institutions, churches and personages or convents appurtenant thereto, mosques, non-profit cemeteries, and all lands, buildings, and improvements, actually, directly, and exclusively used for religious, charitable, or educational purposes shall be exempt from taxation."

- Art. 6, section 28(3) of the Philippine Constitution

Check the last one. I think the Church should be taxed.

^ Exactly

And they will get donation money to compensate for the returned cars.

Wow. Just wow.

dapat kasi wag na makialam ang simbahan sa gobyerno e. wala rin namang naitutulong.