What's your religious affiliation?

Started by Mr.Yos0, July 11, 2010, 11:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Nope, from BD. Oh and my curiosity is that  I heard that nothing say about Buddhism Creator or God, is it true? sorry to say that Buddhism nothing say about realign. :-[

welcome alrafa... this is a forum so just feel free to express yourself... were all brothers here..

Quote from: alrafa on January 21, 2012, 10:54:50 PM
Muslim and I am proud to be.
I heard that Buddhism nothing say about religion, is it true?   

welcome alrafa  :)

im learning islam since my gf is a muslim  ;D

Thanks joshgroban.  :)
Quote from: joshgroban on January 22, 2012, 09:23:33 PM
welcome alrafa... this is a forum so just feel free to express yourself... were all brothers here..

Chris, Best wishes for both of you  ;D

Quote from: alrafa on January 22, 2012, 02:55:48 PM
Nope, from BD. Oh and my curiosity is that  I heard that nothing say about Buddhism Creator or God, is it true? sorry to say that Buddhism nothing say about realign. :-[

I am not sure about Buddhism.

Buddhism is a nontheistic religion. In Buddhism the existence of God/gods is irrelevant. Therefore, we can say that Buddhists are agnostics. They don't really care the origin of life and the universe, or how these will all end (if ever). All they care about is one's being, in the present, on the path towards enlightenment.

I think Buddhism is probably the most tolerant of all the religions that I know. They don't have this exclusivist dogma inherent in other religions, for example in Christianity, "extra Ecclesiam nulla salus" (outside the Church there is no salvation). In Buddhism, every person can become a Buddha or become enlightened ("Buddha-nature"). Thus, it is not rare to hear someone who is a Buddhist-atheist or Buddhist-Catholic or Buddhist-Christian etc.

Thanks Carpediem for your valuable information. So what I heard that was true. I think Buddhism is  different than most other religion.

Oh, but this is rare to hear that someone is a Buddhist-Muslim. Because we have to believe that no other path or even portion can't be better than Islam as this is a complete religion.
Quote from: carpediem on January 27, 2012, 11:41:52 PM
Buddhism is a nontheistic religion. In Buddhism the existence of God/gods is irrelevant. Therefore, we can say that Buddhists are agnostics. They don't really care the origin of life and the universe, or how these will all end (if ever). All they care about is one's being, in the present, on the path towards enlightenment.

I think Buddhism is probably the most tolerant of all the religions that I know. They don't have this exclusivist dogma inherent in other religions, for example in Christianity, "extra Ecclesiam nulla salus" (outside the Church there is no salvation). In Buddhism, every person can become a Buddha or become enlightened ("Buddha-nature"). Thus, it is not rare to hear someone who is a Buddhist-atheist or Buddhist-Catholic or Buddhist-Christian etc.

The base of Islam. "la ilaha illallah, Muhammadur Rasullulah (pbuh)" (There is no other god but Allah,
Muhammad (pbuh) is His final prophet.

respect your opinion alrafa... but Jesus is still the Lord for me...sinners as we are... but save by His grace...

christian po ako :))

di ako naniniwala sa mga sinasabang rebulto dahil sabi sa bible wag kang sasamba sa gawa ng tao.

Pag may pinaniniwalaan ka, naniniwala ka na hindi sa kabaong mag-eend ang story ng buhay mo.

Quote from: pinoybrusko on December 18, 2011, 12:35:19 AM
Quote from: carpediem on November 26, 2011, 08:16:20 PM
People are missing the point.

Simply put, one can be good without believing. Morality does not come from God.

Quote from: pinoybrusko on November 25, 2011, 06:46:23 PM
unlike an unbeliever, he does good only for himself and to others but no bearing with God.

Now isn't it better to be good for goodness's sake, and not because you don't want to burn in hell?

true, you can be good without believing. You have decided to stop believing, whatever that reason is, I won't ask. For sure, everyone of us started we believe on something because of the people around us and the community we live in.

In your second statement, I don't buy the idea doing good to others without a purpose because in everything we do may reason, motive or intention dapat. Pag walang basis ang paggawa ng mabuti, useless ang gumawa ng mabuti, right?

Absolutely.

I prefer not to believe in a god that irrationally punishes people for their imperfections, rules through fear and acts like a tyrant. Why? It's because no human is purely perfect and/or purely evil. I know that because I'm not purely perfect nor am I purely evil. And why am I saying this? It's because I'm selfish. It just so happened that I'm not unfair.

Quote from: Isamu on March 31, 2012, 04:29:30 PM

di ako naniniwala sa mga sinasabang rebulto dahil sabi sa bible wag kang sasamba sa gawa ng tao.

pinatatamaan mo ba ang mga Katoliko?  ;D

Quote from: Isamu on March 31, 2012, 04:29:30 PM

Like sinasamba talaga namin yung rebulto? Please do respect. Faith is totally different from religion. And to tell you yung lugar na pinagsasamahan ng kung ano mang samahan meron kayo, eh kasangkapan din yun sa pagsamba.

P.S. I seriously don't know how to react. But thanks for the compliment. Well, just pretend you didn't see it. Imagine a yellow rubber duck. Battle of religions is like the never-ending war between PS3 and Xbox360.

kahit saang relihiyon ka sumanib o pumasok, kung wala naman sa puso mo ang pagbabalik loob sa Diyos, wala ring saysay ang paglipat mo sa ibat ibang relihiyon.