What's your religious affiliation?

Started by Mr.Yos0, July 11, 2010, 11:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
may mga punto kayo... doing what we preach is what matters...

Quote from: Isamu on March 31, 2012, 04:29:30 PM
christian po ako :))

di ako naniniwala sa mga sinasabang rebulto dahil sabi sa bible wag kang sasamba sa gawa ng tao.

I can't get the logic behind this. According to you, you're a "Christian," which means you believe in Christ and his doings. Then tell me, what about the Roman Catholics? The Orthodox Church? The Iglesia ni Cristo? Aren't they Christians? They call out to Christ, hence they do accept Christ and believe in him.

Fyi, Christianity is a religion, subdivided into different churches (Catholic, Protestants, etc.). So don't call yourself a Christian like a boss, because you're not the only one here.  :)

Sakin simple lang eh:

Walang mawawala sakin kung maniniwala akong may Diyos. Dahil kung dadating man siya, at least, masasabi ko sa kanyang naniwala ako sa kanya. Who knows what will happen? Who knows what's beyond there? Who knows if there really is an omniscient and omnipotent being?

born catholic but... i don't know.. haha

Re: Christianity

Being a "christian" is not about religion, it's about "faith"; and a christian is the one that follows(disciple of) Christ (Jesus).

Anyone can call upon the Name of Jesus but do they really have faith in Him?
Anyone can call himself a christian but do they really follow Him?

Mateo 15:8-9
8 Lumalapit sa akin ang mga taong ito
sa pamamagitan ng kanilang mga bibig at
iginagalang nila ako sa pamamagitan ng
kanilang mga labi. Ngunit ang kanilang mga
puso ay malayo sa akin. 9 Walang kabuluhan
ang pagsamba nila sa akin. Ang aral na
kanilang itinuturo ay mga kautusan ng mga tao.

Quote from: jamapi on May 14, 2012, 09:00:24 PM
Sakin simple lang eh:

Walang mawawala sakin kung maniniwala akong may Diyos. Dahil kung dadating man siya, at least, masasabi ko sa kanyang naniwala ako sa kanya. Who knows what will happen? Who knows what's beyond there? Who knows if there really is an omniscient and omnipotent being?

agnostic?

Quote from: geo on May 16, 2012, 09:22:38 AM
Sakin simple lang eh:

agnostic?

nope. convinced akong may supreme being, i fear him, and i acknowledge him. those questions are just rhetorical questions for people who are seem half-assed about their faith. lol

Sakin simple lang eh:

Who wants to be with a god so vain that he would kick you out of heaven if you don't believe in him? dba hehe
I guess it's more like, pagdating ko sa gates of heaven at tanungin don baka sabihan ako ng, "akala ko ba hindi ka naniniwala, ano ginagawa mo dito? Dun ka sa baba!"

Christian(Roman Catholic)

-the road to salvation is to accept the Lord with your heart in your life, and that to do concrete steps in practicing the Christian faith. Also to always obey the two greatest commendments:

1.)     Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy  whole mind, and with thy whole strength;
2.)     Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

All the teachings, social teachings, moral law, natural law, everything roots down to love, for God is love. And Love presupposes justice.

Catholic

Lahat naman ng religion ay naniniwala sa isang dyos iba nga lang ng way ng pagworship

born again christian aq... ^_^
Quote from: dheric012 on May 18, 2012, 10:57:15 PM
Catholic

Lahat naman ng religion ay naniniwala sa isang dyos iba nga lang ng way ng pagworship
correction po... indi po lhat ng religion eh iisa ang diyos... like hinduism... un lng po..

Quote from: jamapi on May 14, 2012, 08:57:32 PM
Quote from: Isamu on March 31, 2012, 04:29:30 PM
christian po ako :))

di ako naniniwala sa mga sinasabang rebulto dahil sabi sa bible wag kang sasamba sa gawa ng tao.

I can't get the logic behind this. According to you, you're a "Christian," which means you believe in Christ and his doings. Then tell me, what about the Roman Catholics? The Orthodox Church? The Iglesia ni Cristo? Aren't they Christians? They call out to Christ, hence they do accept Christ and believe in him.

Fyi, Christianity is a religion, subdivided into different churches (Catholic, Protestants, etc.). So don't call yourself a Christian like a boss, because you're not the only one here.  :)

2017 na pala! Hi all PGGers!

In that sense, "Christian" refers to the believers of the Evangelical / Protestant Christianity.

While still young...
(1) Youth Alive; (2) Kristiyanong Kabataan Para Sa Bayan; (3) PUP for Jesus Movement

Hi po!

Ako po ay Seventh-Day Adventist (Christian)