Separation of Church and State

Started by carpediem, July 12, 2010, 12:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here we go again -

Catholic bishops: "We bishops from all over the country call on President Aquino to listen to the call of the Philippine Church that the former program of the government to promote a contraceptive mentality through education and medical practices is immoral and will not bring about a people that is God-fearing, holding on to the sacredness of sexuality, life and the family."

respect each one's views. but we also have to be practical.

church meaning the catholic church since it is the majority in our country + it is the one that speaks and influences a lot of people.

It should be, but as angelo said, the church influences a lot of people. Almost 70 % of the population is Catholic.

Quote from: Mr.Yos0 on July 21, 2010, 12:33:29 AM
It should be, but as angelo said, the church influences a lot of people. Almost 70 % of the population is Catholic.

only our grandmothers, grandfathers and parents are more likely to be influenced but our generation is not  ;D

Maybe this is one plus point for Noynoy, he supports options for birth control. Let us see how he stands by his conviction against the pressure from CBCP.

As usual, the Church has to meddle. Are they planning a "people power" too?  ::)

Bishops threaten civil disobedience over RH bill
http://www.gmanews.tv/story/202186/bishops-threaten-civil-disobedience-over-rh-bill

the church should not instigate civil disobedience, again there is a separation of church and state.

let the church do its part in ensuring that although the government pushes for contraception the people under them would still have this value within themselves not to opt for artificial contraception

The church should know better that what they are doing is a form of black mailing..

- stating they will ex communicado Noy2x
- they will do civil disobedience

What are they trying to show us is not right, we have a freedom of choice and let the Church TRUST its people that they will follow what is right

That is if the church is sure that they instilled the proper values to its people

yap agree ako sa separation but at the same time okey din naman na naiparirinig ng simbahan ang boses nito just for stability sake

Voicing out their stand is ok, but they go too far too frequently.

What is that threatening of civil disobedience? Inciting riots? Excommunication? Do they think we are still in the Middle Ages?  >:(

Quote from: carpediem on October 01, 2010, 01:33:46 AM
Voicing out their stand is ok, but they go too far too frequently.

What is that threatening of civil disobedience? Inciting riots? Excommunication? Do they think we are still in the Middle Ages?  >:(

i am for population control and a healthy reproductive repertoire. the church does not need to excommunicate me. i am volunteering to walk away from the church.

bilib ako sa ginawa ni Celdran sa Manila Cathedral issue  ;D Napakatapang niya para gawin iyon in the middle of the mass  :D

Quote from: pinoybrusko on October 02, 2010, 12:25:20 PM
bilib ako sa ginawa ni Celdran sa Manila Cathedral issue  ;D Napakatapang niya para gawin iyon in the middle of the mass  :D

matapang nga siya, pero i think disrespect ang ginawa niya kasi nasa middle ng 'holy mass' tas bigla kang gagawa ng ganung eksena?
its a wrong venue or maybe the wrong time to do it.

It might be the wrong way, but I guess it was effective - it generated a lot of publicity. He got even more fans because he was jailed.

Dapat ipasa na into law ang RH Bill. Most of us medical practitioners are for it. Dapat di na makialam ang simbahan. Let them remind and teach church-goers what their stand is, and not to meddle with what the government wants to do.