Abortion

Started by Mr.Yos0, July 15, 2010, 08:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on May 28, 2011, 07:55:36 AM
pano ba kase gngwa yang abortion. eh hinde nmn magkakasya sa pekpek ung bata kung hinde iii-re at hinde pa kabwanan eh... hinde xa magsusuper stretch.

ano ka ba marvin, hinde na pwede i-abort pag buo na ang bata, usually ginagawa ito pag ilang months pa lang buntis ang babae  :D

For the sake of argument,

Whether you accept it or not, the sad truth is that abortion happens despite the existence of law penalizing it - abortion for the health benefit of the mother included. Anyone can contact someone to carry on the dirty job as long as that person knows where to find one. Whether to protect the honor of the woman or to spare her life, she doesn't have any choice at all than to undergo through an underground and most likely unsafe abortion procedure. As a result, our women suffer more unnecessary injuries from these sneaky procedures. Now, instead of keeping abortion illegal, wouldn't it be better if we allow it instead in order to be able to give them assistance, supervise the procedures or even develop ones which would primarily safeguard the health of our pregnant women?

Naalala ko ung recollection namin. We got shown a couple
Of pictures of aborted babies. Then the priest said " pasalamat
Kayo di kayo ginanyan ng mga magulang niyo..."
The babies were heavily mutilated... It makes me thank my parents
For taking chances with me. :)

grabe kahit buo na ang baby, may gumagawa nito. Tsk tsk tsk  >:(

diba nga sa India for the last 3 decades daw 12 million na female baby na yung pinalaglag, yung mga gumagawa daw nito yung may mga may kaya sa India. Tapos sa china yung mga forced abortion lalo na pag babae yung pinagbubuntis mo, kaya nga ngayon merong mga age bracket na bihira lang ang mga babae na pinanganak sa taong yun halos puro mga kalalakihan kaya nakakalungkot talaga.

Agree with S3.

Still, legalizing abortion does not bode well on the ethical values of that society, not to mention religion. As I recall Cardinal Sin once quoted that resolving these issues will determine his salvation here on earth.

I'd like to happen for these "underground" procedures to have some sort of unofficial authority. Or a backhanded leash for safety, and viability.

no to abortion. PERIOD.

Agree with kilo. There are different types of abortion sa mundo ng medicine. Yung abortion that most of the people are familiar with, at kung saan sila against, is the elective abortion.

Yung term na "nalaglag" or miscarriage, abortion din ang tawag dun. These are the spontaneous abortion, incomplete abortion, complete abortion, missed abortion. Itong mga to, hindi ito induced by the woman.

Yung elective abortion, ito yung ginagawa ng babae para ipalaglag yung bata kasi ayaw niya sa bata. Dito ako against.

I-post ko ulit dito yung case na pinost ko sa RH Bill topic.

Your wife is pregnant, diagnosed to have ectopic pregnancy (meaning, instead of the normal implantation at the uterus, the implantation of the embryo is at the fallopian tube or other parts of the reproductive organs). Medically, ectopic pregnancy is not 100% viable, and aside from that it poses high maternal risk (such as internal hemorrhage). So these will be the choices:

A. Abort the fetus and let the mother live
B. Do not abort the fetus and let both fetus and mother die

What do you want to do?

^^mom got a miscarriage kase nabuntis xa ng 40s na.. So I saw my unborn brother. He's just around 3 inches I think.. Me mga dalire pa nga eh.. Father named him 'Claws'.

Abortion saved my life
"I almost died in an emergency room because the doctor on call refused to perform a necessary procedure"
http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2011/05/26/abortion_saved_my_life

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on May 30, 2011, 02:40:42 AM
Quote from: S3 on May 28, 2011, 07:10:24 PM
For the sake of argument,
Whether you accept it or not, the sad truth is that abortion happens despite the existence of law penalizing it - abortion for the health benefit of the mother included. Anyone can contact someone to carry on the dirty job as long as that person knows where to find one.

What kind of abortion?
A. Spontaneous abortion
B. Induced Abortion
Or you think both of them are the same?

I'm only speaking of induced abortion. In the eyes of the law, there is only abortion per se - without any further qualification. This means to say that even those done in order to save the woman's life would be a criminal act.

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on May 30, 2011, 02:40:42 AM
Quote from: S3 on May 28, 2011, 07:10:24 PM
Whether to protect the honor of the woman or to spare her life, she doesn't have any choice at all than to undergo through an underground and most likely unsafe abortion procedure. As a result, our women suffer more unnecessary injuries from these sneaky procedures. Now, instead of keeping abortion illegal, wouldn't it be better if we allow it instead in order to be able to give them assistance, supervise the procedures or even develop ones which would primarily safeguard the health of our pregnant women?

What do you mean by unnecessary injuries and sneaky procedures and what kinds of procedures?
Are you sure that these underground procedures are technically different from the standard gynecological procedure or medical treatments?

I don't have the technical knowledge of the medical procedures so I'll leave that to the experts. Neither do I have sufficient data, but that is exactly the point. Due to its illegal status, it is rather performed in the dark without proper documentation and without any assurance that a certain level of standards would be followed. Also, in case of an injury, the mother would not have the right to complain against the person who facilitated the abortion and seek redress from the government because they are in pari delicto. Since they are both at fault, the law will leave them where the law finds them.

basta galing sa tao ang choice its a big no

^ care to explain when is a choice "galing sa tao", and it is not, and if not, galing saan?

Quote from: carpediem on May 30, 2011, 10:32:29 PM
^ care to explain when is a choice "galing sa tao", and it is not, and if not, galing saan?

yung iba kasi pag nakunan daw abortion na rin...kahit di sinasadya... baka kasi maging guilty yung ibang may miscariiage... pero pag wala ka na mang desisyon na ginawa tapos nawala lang yung baby ...nothing to be guilty about

Napaisip lang ako I have a friend and may dalawa siyang barkadang mag shota pero nabuntis yung babae pero di pa sila ready that time at di sila sure kung sila na nga ba talaga so ginawa nila pina abort nila yung baby. Ngayon after ilang years sila din nagkatuluyan at may isa na silang anak. I wonder ano kaya naiisip nila ngayon