honest to goodness ka ba?

Started by solomon, July 15, 2010, 11:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
+1

there are really occasions wherein it's unavoidable

Quote from: fox69 on February 21, 2011, 12:34:32 PM
^^^ i like the phrase "temporary refuge" :P

Quote from: Luc on February 20, 2011, 11:07:39 AM
^^^for me, ang mga "white lies" gaya ng pagsisinungaling pra sa mahal mo ay mga temporary refuge lang. balang araw, the truth will surface and it will come back to haunt you. pero di nmn ako nagssabi na masama ito, dahil kahit sa temporary refuge na ibinigay, marami na magagawa na productive/beneficial. pero sa bandang huli, i coconfront nyo pa rin dapat ang katotohanan.

hmmm... so naniniwala ka rin na may lesser evil?

Quote from: judE_Law on February 21, 2011, 02:32:52 PM
hmmm... so naniniwala ka rin na may lesser evil?
of course! there will come a time when you are faced with 2 decisions that are both undesirable. choosing the lesser evil is better than running away. =)

Quote from: joshgroban on July 21, 2010, 10:33:56 AM
pano kung sa pagiging honest mo ay masasaktan ang mahal mo ... di ba mas mabuting magsinungaling muna

opo. maaring hindi mo na rin aminin ang totoo. basta pareho rin kayong masaya.

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on February 26, 2011, 12:48:53 AM
Quote from: eLgimiker0 on February 26, 2011, 12:42:30 AM
white lies is still a lie..
But God lies because He is God who is capable of doing anything

No, God cannot and does not lie.
there is no lesser evil. an evil doing in any form is still an evil.

God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?Numbers 23:19

^ hmm. so you do not believe on the concept of lesser evil?

QuoteGod cannot and does not lie.

God does not lie -- Ok, since lying is said to be evil/bad, and God is all-good.

God cannot lie -- Hmmm. God is all-powerful right? That means he can lie.

Yes, God is powerful and omnipotent. He can lie but he did not do it because He is the best example of a perfect man. He can save and punish the people in an instant but decided to sent His son, Jesus to us to save us from all our sins. He created us with LOVE - His masterpiece of his creation. So why will he lie if he can?

Quote from: judE_Law on February 27, 2011, 11:09:44 PM

there is no lesser evil. an evil doing in any form is still an evil.

Ah yes, there is no argument that the nature of a deed we deem as lesser evil is, in fact and frankly, evil. Strictly philosophical, the term lesser evil cannot stand alone (hence the comparative suffix); and thus, cannot be used to judge a certain action prematurely. However, human has learned to adapt to the term when they are faced with (at least) two actions that are evil in nature, and wherein one yields the least harm.

There is also a completely thorough explanation for this in health ethics.

God does not not lie simply because He IS God.

Simple. Nothing complicated. :-)

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on February 28, 2011, 07:03:34 PM
Quote from: ctan on February 28, 2011, 06:46:04 PM
God does not not lie simply because He IS God.

Simple. Nothing complicated. :-)

How can you categorically say that?
Have you been born before time and have witnessed all of His actions?
To claim that you have Fully known God and categorically place Him and restrict Him to a certain boundary is definitely not God.

My answer is simple again. I read my Bible, the only genuine book about God. (If you don't believe in the Bible, the argument ends here.)

Let me quote a verse from the Bible, "not that I have already attained perfection, I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Translating it to layman's term, my goal is to fully know Christ, and that is only achieved through perfection, which cannot be attained in this lifetime. Yet, how do I come to know God in this lifetime? Only through the Bible - studying it, reading it, and meditating on it.

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on February 28, 2011, 06:53:11 PM
God is omnipotent so he's capable of doing anything and beyond it.

If you tell me that God is only Good and incapable of Evil, then He's not God. To limit God to a Human perception that God is only Good is to restrict God to a certain parameter. God encompasses everything so He's both Good and Evil and Beyond it.

The Bible describes God to be Good but it does not say that God is incapable of doing Evil.
To illustrate, God punishes the Egyptians using plagues.
If you say that God is only capable of Good then the ACT of punishment is good?
God nearly destroys the whole earth with a flood. So therefore death and destruction is always good?
God places favoritism on the Israelites to bear His son, so therefore favoritism is GOOD?

To tell me that God cannot lie and does not lie means He's INCAPABLE and cannot be beyond Lying, therefore He is not omnipotent and consequently not God.  But God is capable of doing anything, therefore He is able capable of lying as well as telling the truth and doing something beyond lying and telling the truth. As to what He has lied to, to whom and what topic we do not know. All we know is that He's there and may or may not choose to do anything.

It's also understanding the words from the Bible:

Isaiah 6:3 "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty"
- and what is holiness? It is simply being set apart for doing good.

I John 4:8 "God is Love"
I Corinthians 13:6 "Love does not delight in evil"
- how then can God do evil? :-)

As I say, it's as simple as that. No need to complicate things. I only rely on what the Bible says about God, because (I reiterate), it's the only genuine book about God Himself. :-)

By the way, I agree, 100%, that we cannot put God in a box. :-D I hope we all get the message. :-D

I end my arguments here for now. I'll get to know my God more. :-D