honest to goodness ka ba?

Started by solomon, July 15, 2010, 11:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
But..
God punishing the Egyptians is also from the Bible.
God nearly destroying the whole earth is also from the Bible.
God placing favoritism on the Israelites is also from the Bible.

I do not agree that Kilo is making it complicated. The Bible itself is complicated. And attributing omnipotence, omniscience, and omnibenevolence to a divine being is contradictory in itself.

All these just point towards The Problem of Evil, put simply by this quote:

"Is he willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then is he impotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then is he malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Whence then is evil?"

I am replying with the clause that my God is not an evil God. He does not lie. And if other gods do lie, then I guess their God is not the same as mine. But one thing I'm sure though, my God is real. :-)

Quote from: ctan on February 28, 2011, 07:23:16 PM
Quote from: Kilo 1000 on February 28, 2011, 06:53:11 PM
God is omnipotent so he's capable of doing anything and beyond it.

If you tell me that God is only Good and incapable of Evil, then He's not God. To limit God to a Human perception that God is only Good is to restrict God to a certain parameter. God encompasses everything so He's both Good and Evil and Beyond it.

The Bible describes God to be Good but it does not say that God is incapable of doing Evil.
To illustrate, God punishes the Egyptians using plagues.
If you say that God is only capable of Good then the ACT of punishment is good?
God nearly destroys the whole earth with a flood. So therefore death and destruction is always good?
God places favoritism on the Israelites to bear His son, so therefore favoritism is GOOD?

To tell me that God cannot lie and does not lie means He's INCAPABLE and cannot be beyond Lying, therefore He is not omnipotent and consequently not God.  But God is capable of doing anything, therefore He is able capable of lying as well as telling the truth and doing something beyond lying and telling the truth. As to what He has lied to, to whom and what topic we do not know. All we know is that He's there and may or may not choose to do anything.

It's also understanding the words from the Bible:

Isaiah 6:3 "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty"
- and what is holiness? It is simply being set apart for doing good.

I John 4:8 "God is Love"
I Corinthians 13:6 "Love does not delight in evil"
- how then can God do evil? :-)

As I say, it's as simple as that. No need to complicate things. I only rely on what the Bible says about God, because (I reiterate), it's the only genuine book about God Himself. :-)

nasagot mo na doc.. kung hindi nila maiintindihan.. hindi ko na alam kung anong diyos meron sila.

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on February 28, 2011, 06:53:11 PM
God is omnipotent so he's capable of doing anything and beyond it.

If you tell me that God is only Good and incapable of Evil, then He's not God. To limit God to a Human perception that God is only Good is to restrict God to a certain parameter. God encompasses everything so He's both Good and Evil and Beyond it.

The Bible describes God to be Good but it does not say that God is incapable of doing Evil.
To illustrate, God punishes the Egyptians using plagues.
If you say that God is only capable of Good then the ACT of punishment is good?
God nearly destroys the whole earth with a flood. So therefore death and destruction is always good?
God places favoritism on the Israelites to bear His son, so therefore favoritism is GOOD?

To tell me that God cannot lie and does not lie means He's INCAPABLE and cannot be beyond Lying, therefore He is not omnipotent and consequently not God.  But God is capable of doing anything, therefore He is able capable of lying as well as telling the truth and doing something beyond lying and telling the truth. As to what He has lied to, to whom and what topic we do not know. All we know is that He's there and may or may not choose to do anything.

these are the questions that came to me before also, its not that I ignore it but it came to my realization that since He's our God, an all-knowing God, we could not perceive what is on His mind and heart. We only perceive the things that human can reach. Wala pa tayo sa kalingkingan ng talino niya para mapantayan ang perception niya. We are not in His level though we are created in his image and likeness. As I said, the masterpiece of his creation. Tao lang tayo at siya ay Diyos. Kung walang Diyos, how the world and its people are created. How the oceans and seas exist and other beautiful things not made by man or by time or by evolution. It's because totoong may Diyos.

With regards to His punishments, plagues and floods mentioned in the Bible, we may perceive only what we can reach as a human being. We can say He do it to punish sinners like during the Great Flood, Egypt, etc. we will be punish when our time comes or when we die. Its either we will go to Hell or Heaven. We can't tell straight that He is evil already because punishments are evil that they are acts of evil. To human intelligence, laws, policies and knowledge it is evil. The act of it is evil.

I'll leave some words I believe. It is in the Bible but I'm not good in verses sorry.

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
When God takes something from your grasp. He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.

Ang masasabi ko lang ay eto:

Kung gusto nyo talagang malaman ang sagot sa mga tanong na yan, you better read the bible for you to find out the real reason why God do those things. :D

not only Mormons but also Islam - if you are not a Muslim then you are not saved

^pati Iglesia ni Cristo sa pagkaka-alam ko ganito rin paniwala.

Sa amin naman, mga born again christians, salvation does not rely on what church you belong to. Kumbaga, religion has no part in one's salvation. What would matter to us is the genuine relationship that one has with Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior. :-)

Quote from: ctan on March 04, 2011, 08:58:20 PM
Sa amin naman, mga born again christians, salvation does not rely on what church you belong to. Kumbaga, religion has no part in one's salvation. What would matter to us is the genuine relationship that one has with Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior. :-)

tama. ganyan din ang laging tinuturo ng katabi kong officemate na born again din. leave everything to the Savior.

sa aming Catholic ang alam ko, kailangan in harmony ang religion at yung personal na pananalig at relasyon mo sa Diyos.
hindi lang ang religion ang magliligtas sayo at hindi rin ang sarli lang.
kailangan silang dalawa ang magiging daan para sayong kaligtasan.
natututo ka sa relihiyon mo at isinsabuhay mo ang mga natututunan mo..

hindi talaga dapat pinagtatalunan kung anong relihiyon ang maliligtas at kung alin ang nasa matuwid na daan, wala naman kasing relihiyon na naghahangad ng kasamaan.. dapat lang alamin mo bilang indibidwal kung saang relihiyon mas nagro-grow ang pananampalataya mo sa Diyos.

The same lang the way I see it.

In Islam, if you are not a Muslim, you are not saved.

In Christianity, if you do not accept Jesus as savior, that is, if you are not a Christian, you are not saved.

Am I incorrect?

Quote from: carpediem on March 04, 2011, 11:00:36 PM
The same lang the way I see it.

In Islam, if you are not a Muslim, you are not saved.

In Christianity, if you do not accept Jesus as savior, that is, if you are not a Christian, you are not saved.

Am I incorrect?

your right.
the problem lang with Christianity kasi iba-iba interpretaion sa bible.. kaya nagiging argument yung kung anong religion ang maliligtas..
pero isipin mo rin sa INC hindi sila naniniwala kay Jesus Christ bilang Diyos, isa lamang daw siyang tao.. which is taliwas din sa paniniwala ng karamihan sa Christianity.

What is "goodness"? When is something considered good, and what makes it good?

kapag ikaw nakikinabang?

hindi ba kapag tinuring mong gamitan ang mundo, kapag ikaw ang nagpapalugi, goodness na yun.

hmm. so goodness is relative? morality is relative?