P-Noy

Started by carpediem, July 18, 2010, 06:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Their defense of PNoy's partying:

Lacierda: few minutes
Quezon: 30 minutes
Coloma: 2 hours
Kris: entire night but was constantly on the phone

Then there's report that he won't visit the disaster-hit areas until after Christmas on 27th, which was later corrected saying that it was an error, which should have read 20th. But then I haven't heard any report today that he has gone already.

Valte: "The President does not want to immediately visit the typhoon-struck areas because he does not want to become the focus or the center of attraction when he visits."

Wow oh wow.

He needed to veto the calamity fund. Remember how Corona was impeached in the Congress within hours? Connect the dots. Hint: oink oink!

Quote from: carpediem on December 20, 2011, 09:53:25 PM
Their defense of PNoy's partying:

Lacierda: few minutes
Quezon: 30 minutes
Coloma: 2 hours
Kris: entire night but was constantly on the phone

Then there's report that he won't visit the disaster-hit areas until after Christmas on 27th, which was later corrected saying that it was an error, which should have read 20th. But then I haven't heard any report today that he has gone already.

Valte: "The President does not want to immediately visit the typhoon-struck areas because he does not want to become the focus or the center of attraction when he visits."

Wow oh wow.

He needed to veto the calamity fund. Remember how Corona was impeached in the Congress within hours? Connect the dots. Hint: oink oink!

kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan? lol!

MUST READ!

finally.. isa sa mga taga-suporta ni Penoy, nagising na...
i remember atty. Rita Linda Jimeno, when i was still in College... i did an interview with her for a school project...  wala lang.. nai-share lang.

---------------------------------

Mind conditioning
by Rita Linda V. Jimeno

I was among the millions of Filipinos who voted to install Benigno Aquino III as president of the Republic. It seemed the wisest decision to make after experiencing more than nine years of being under a president whose term was peppered with charges of graft and corruption. I have also been among the millions supporting President Aquino's fight against corruption. My articles in this column prove this. I was also among those who had vocally taken a position against the former President's appointment of the next Chief Justice after then Chief Justice Reynato S. Puno retired. I said then that with the election ban on appointments, then President, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, should have left the appointment of the next Chief Justice to the incoming President, Benigno Aquino III.
Like the millions who believed in the sincerity and good heart of PNoy I, too, trusted him to be a unifying and exemplary leader. What I did not count on was seeing the president I voted into office turn into some sort of a high school bully who uses his popularity to condition people's minds.

First, his administration designed ways to impose controls on the fiscal autonomy of the Judiciary despite the clear constitutional mandate that the Judiciary shall enjoy fiscal autonomy and that its budget, upon approval by the Legislature, must be automatically and regularly released. The Department of Budget and Management creatively went around the Constitution by designing a system which would require the Judiciary to request and explain the release of judicial funds that pertain to unfilled posts of judges. This would, of course, violate the fiscal autonomy of the Judiciary as it now has to beg for the release of funds belonging to it from the executive branch of government. The repercussion which the Constitution seeks to avoid has effectively been put into place. Now, the Judiciary has to beg for its own funds from the executive branch, making it subservient and beholden to the Executive. The Judiciary has effectively lost its independence.

Next, the President himself has taken to disparaging the Chief Justice in public for decisions rendered by the Supreme Court. Of course, this is in violation of the constitutional doctrine of separation of powers and the co-equal nature of powers among the three branches of government.

Then, the Chief Justice was impeached in the Liberal Party-dominated House of Representatives, blitzkrieg style, shocking every one with the speed by which it was carried out. Before the Chief Justice could catch his breath, President Benigno Aquino III held a caucus with his party-mates the very next day to thank them for the successful impeachment of Chief Justice Renato Corona.

While the Palace initially denied any hand in the impeachment, the reality surfaced soon after the process was successfully carried out by 188 representatives of the House. Several of those who signed admitted doing so even without having been given the chance to read the complaint. Those who did not sign were mysteriously divested of their chairmanship or membership in committees.

While legal minds agree that the impeachment's constitutionality cannot be questioned as more than the needed 1/3 vote was reached, what made the whole process revolting was the 'how' more than the 'why'. Looking back at the way President Aquino publicly lambasted and humiliated the Chief Justice in a public forum, as though the Chief Magistrate were his underling; accusing him of being loyal to former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, one realizes that the President had actually engaged in mind-conditioning. The President's speech turned out to be the herald of the fast-paced events that followed; a mind-conditioning technique to prepare the nation to hate the person that was to be impeached.

What disappoints me most about the President I idealized is that he has chosen to be the dividing force among the citizenry rather than act as the unifying head of a nation that needs to be healed. He has chosen to personally spawn hate and distrust for the magistrates of the Supreme Court appointed by the former President. I do not dispute that it is the right of the Legislature to impeach impeachable officers because the Constitution gives it this right as a means of checks and balances and to correct abuses. The President should not have dipped his fingers into this task if only to show that he respects the Constitution.

The result: The public is now divided. Those who unthinkingly support whatever the President does, do not mind, and in fact even laud, the President's bullying of the Chief Justice and the Supreme Court. But those who know the Constitution are pained at the spectacle of a popular president sowing distrust and disdain for the Chief Justice and the majority of the members of the Supreme Court because the consequences of this immature bullying are far-reaching. Subliminally, it sends the message to the public not to trust the judicial system. As I mentioned in an earlier article, this could result in people taking the law into their own hands—anarchy.

What I find alarming still is that there appears to be a pattern of conditioning people's minds. Now that Chief Justice Corona has been impeached and trial at the Senate is forthcoming, the Palace, through its spokespersons, has been releasing purported survey results showing that a majority of Filipinos prefer Corona to resign. Anti-Arroyo groups have been calling for the Chief Justice to resign, too. But as any other citizen, the Chief Justice has the right to clear his name through the impeachment trial. To pressure him into resigning is not fair. It also suggests that, perhaps, the House of Representatives is not confident that it can get a conviction at the Senate.

The impeachment trial must be allowed to take its course. The people deserve to see their institutions at work and to know the truth. Bullying and conditioning of people's minds must stop or this nation will find itself always at the mercy of popular and powerful executives.

Email: ritalindaj@gmail.com Visit: www.jimenolaw.com.ph

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/insideOpinion.htm?f=2011%2Fdecember%2F19%2Fritalindajimeno.isx&d=2011%2Fdecember%2F19

problema din kay pnoy... lagi nyang dala dala ang nakaraan... to the point na di sya makausad .... laging may revenge at  paghahanap ng pagkakamali... plus yung personal vendetta nya...

I'm sick of PNoys tuwid na daan papuntang diktaturya.

ANOTHER TWISTED REPORTING TO ENHANCE THE STUDENT COUNCIL'S IMAGE TIMED IN WITH THE IMPEACHMENT TRIAL to promote a sense of positive improvement, when actually if one will not stop at the headline, one will discover that there's no improvement at all. The improvement being highlighted is in the perception of being poor from September of this year compared to December (who feels poor during Christmastime, anyway?)

What the report failed to highlight, facts the student council can't escape are:

1. The result was just two points above the all-time low of 43% that has been hit
twice -- in March 1987 and March 2010 (GMA's time, explanation mine)) -- in
the nearly 30 years the pollster has been conducting the self-rated poverty count.

2. The survey also found that 36% (estimated 7.2 million) consider themselves as
poor in terms of food, five points down from 41% (estimated 8.2 million) in
September and marking the third time that this level -- FIVE POINTS HIGHER THAN MARCH 2010's RECORD LOW OF 31% (highlighted by me) - was hit in the last six quarters.

3. The December poverty result -- the lowest so far under Benigno S. C. Aquino
III's presidency - put the 2011 average at 49%, up a point from last year.
The food-poor count average, meanwhile, was 38%, two points higher
compared to 2010.

IN OTHER WORDS, COMPARED TO PGMA'S TIME, THERE WAS NO IMPROVEMENT AT ALL. ANG DAYA!

The passing of an age
FROM A DISTANCE By Carmen N. Pedrosa (The Philippine Star) Updated February 04, 2012 12:00 AM

I may be stretching the point but the end of Edwardian aristocracy bears resemblance to what is happening in the Philippines today. It may not be as dramatic but our version of the passing of an age may be tied up with what happens to Hacienda Luisita. The time when neat lines separating the few rich from the teeming, impoverished masses may be coming to an end. Slowly, imperceptibly at times, but inevitable.

I am one of those intrigued that the story of Edwardian aristocracy in Downton Abbey on the life and foibles of those who lived in a bygone era before the First World War has provoked a debate in newspapers and magazines in Britain and the US.

Historian A. N. Wilson says such stories glorify "an ordering of society that was hateful in real life." He suggests that a story about the real life experience of Edwardian servants might have been more interesting. He is not merely criticizing Downton Abbey, a smashing box office success but all other "nostalgic films" that depict those good old days as better do a disservice to the people of Britain.

We have our own Downton Abbey here. Hacienda Luisita has also its upstairs downstairs with the owners — the Cojuangco family upstairs — and the thousands of peasant farmers who till the land as downstairs. There was a time that there could be nothing wrong with one family owning Hacienda Luisita with its thousands of hectares. The relations between the landowner and the dispossessed farmers were regarded as benign and nothing to complain about.

Indeed, this was where the late Senator Benigno Aquino tried to put together a system that he hoped would allow an amicable relationship between the Cojuangco family and the peasant farmers — a place where all could be happy. For these efforts he was accused of being sympathetic to "communists". It made him anathema to those who would not brook any association with the "kasama" that recognized their rights. His theory was that if the farmers were treated well there would be no reason for them to press for independence or ownership of the land.

Alas, this may no longer be true. From Marcos to Macapagal-Arroyo, Hacienda Luisita's case could not gain traction in the courts. We need to revisit the history of how Hacienda Luisita came to be owned by Cojuangcos through the connections of a son-in law and how it has been stuck since then. The stock option solution offered by Cory was yet another attempt to stay the issue of land reform. It did not work because like Edwardian aristocracy, the age of cacique privilege was coming to an end.

Cory who was expected to do more for Hacienda Luisita's farmers did the opposite. When protesters insisted on their rights they were shot to death and her son, the present president, was allegedly in charge of the hacienda's security at the time. It was something yet to be.

With another Cojuangco as president the issue has made a quantum leap. It is not obvious yet but if it is an end, it is also a beginning. It is now at last seen as the key to moving this country forward with a Supreme Court decision trashing the stock distribution option as an evasion of justice. Instead the Corona-led court decided unanimously 14-0 last November to return to the more than 6,000 farmers the land they had tilled for ages. The government proviso for the Cojuangcos to acquire the land is that it should be eventually returned to the farmers in ten years. The ten years have come and gone but the contract remained unresolved administration after administration.

Why did it take so long to recognize the farmers' rights and to realize that land reform with Hacienda Luisita as its flag would give the economic impetus needed by the country? From hereon it stopped being merely a leftist cause but one that belonged to everyone.

It may be ironic but the more P-Noy pushes for a decision to favor his family's interest, the more the farmers will gain sympathy from a wide range of thinking Filipinos. And the alleged "leftists" who surround him will not shield him. The MR filed by the owners of Hacienda Luisita seeks P5 billion compensation if they are forced to return the land to the farmers.

Hacienda Luisita has become the symbol of the passing of an age of feudalism in the Philippines. It became a mainstream concern because it was tied up with the impeachment of Chief Justice Renato Corona no matter how much P-Noy denies it.

It is good that the farmers' union Ambala (Alyansa ng mga Manggagawang Bukid sa Asyenda Luisita) has said it like it is — a race between the Supreme Court's Hacienda Luisita decision to be final and executory in favor of the farmers and the impeachment of CJ Renato Corona. In its comment to the Supreme Court, Ambala said the appeal of Hacienda Luisita was intended to buy time. If Chief Justice Renato Corona is successfully impeached the farmers will face another setback.

"Clearly, the petitioner-movant is merely vying for time. It is waiting and hoping for some miracle to happen," the comment said.

It is obvious that there are two battlegrounds. The Supreme Court is the battleground for Hacienda Luisita and the Senate is about impeaching the Chief Justice. President Aquino may have overlooked that as far as the Hacienda Luisita case is concerned the justices have all the aces. All they need to do is make the 22 November 2011 resolution final and executory.

Will they have the courage of conviction to confirm their unanimous November decision to at last distribute the land to the farmers?

What can you say about the current issue with PNoy, the issue of dating with Grace lee?

P-noy, matinik sa mga chicks.

Bakit ba sensationalized palagi ang lovelife niya?

He is the first bachelor president?

Quote from: geo on March 07, 2012, 01:29:24 PM
He is the first bachelor president?

yes, he is the first in the Philippines. Maswerte mapapangasawa niya kung presidente pa siya pero pag hinde na ewan ko na lang kung maswerte pa din   ;D

PARANG PARE PAREHAS LANG NAMN ANG PRESIDENTE SINASABI NILANG UMAANGAT ANG BANSANG PILIPINAS PERO DI NAMN RAMDAM

mararamdaman yan pag konti lang ang populasyon ng bansa  ;D