Teachings of your religion you don't believe in

Started by carpediem, July 24, 2010, 03:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
okay.. lets put it this way..

how do you guys define religion?

do you view it in a political way ba o as an institution to boost your morality/spirituality?

meron bang religion in a political way? di ba magkasalungat nga palagi ang dalawang iyan?

Religion as per wiki is the belief in or worship of a god or gods, or in general a set of beliefs explaining the existence of and giving meaning to the universe, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

there are many types of religions; christianity, islam, hinduism, shintoism, buddhism, etc. broken down to different congregations or institutions.

For me, religion is man's way of reaching out to the Divine, or man's way of making sense of spirituality. Religion is a concept formed by man and not really something mandated by a divine Being. That is why, I do not believe that religion can save man from sins, because no matter how perfect we perceive our religion to be, it is still humanly devised. If we really want true salvation, then let God do the work.

Quote from: ctan on August 19, 2010, 12:36:08 AM
For me, religion is man's way of reaching out to the Divine, or man's way of making sense of spirituality. Religion is a concept formed by man and not really something mandated by a divine Being. That is why, I do not believe that religion can save man from sins, because no matter how perfect we perceive our religion to be, it is still humanly devised. If we really want true salvation, then let God do the work.

well said

Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 18, 2010, 07:07:54 PM
meron bang religion in a political way? di ba magkasalungat nga palagi ang dalawang iyan?

Religion as per wiki is the belief in or worship of a god or gods, or in general a set of beliefs explaining the existence of and giving meaning to the universe, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

there are many types of religions; christianity, islam, hinduism, shintoism, buddhism, etc. broken down to different congregations or institutions.

of course there is!!! kaya nga nakikialam ang ibang taga-simbahan sa pulitika eh..
The term political religion is a sociological one, drawing on the sociological aspects of religion which can be often be found in certain secular ideologies. A political religion occupies much the same psychological and sociological space as a theistic religion, and as a result it often displaces or co-opts existing religious organizations and beliefs; this is described as a "sacralisation" of politics. However, although a political religion may co-opt existing religious structures or symbolism, it does not itself have any independent spiritual or theocratic elements - it is essentially secular, using religion only for political purposes, if it does not reject religious faith outright.[2]

religion is not really the problem ... yung tao ang nagpapasama nito....so we dont have to blame it for the unrighteousness na pumapasok sa heart at mind ng tao.. a true religion is really sharing our life to others and not centered on '"me and myself  " trait

same sentiment  ;D

Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 21, 2010, 08:12:14 PM

same sentiment  ;D

I agree those some details but not all those details. We also have our share to work out our salvation. Imagine you did all kinds of evil living on earth doing it willfully and with all cruel intention and yet you will be saved? We need to work out to be saved. That's my one point.

Quote from: jaguar05 on September 14, 2010, 10:01:31 PM

same sentiment  ;D

I agree those some details but not all those details. We also have our share to work out our salvation. Imagine you did all kinds of evil living on earth doing it willfully and with all cruel intention and yet you will be saved? We need to work out to be saved. That's my one point.

If you read the Bible, then you will understand when Jesus said that His grace is sufficient. Going back to Ephesians 2:8-9, it says "For it is BY GRACE you have been saved, THROUGH FAITH—and this is NOT FROM YOURSELVES, it is the GIFT OF GOD - NOT by WORKS, so that no one can boast." When you work out TO BE saved, Jesus' death on the cross would have no meaning at all, because it is through His death that we may have life.

Teachings of your religion you don't believe in?

Marami bagay na di ko pa alam talaga. I believe our teachings in the church is truly undefiled. Purely biblical and everything is according to the teachings of God in the bible.  :)

Let us see: What's your religion's stand on masturbation and premarital sex? What is your stand?

Sex after marriage.

Masturbation..depends on circumtances..depends on the intent.

Quote from: ctan on September 14, 2010, 10:10:03 PM
Quote from: jaguar05 on September 14, 2010, 10:01:31 PM

same sentiment  ;D

If you read the Bible, then you will understand when Jesus said that His grace is sufficient. Going back to Ephesians 2:8-9, it says "For it is BY GRACE you have been saved, THROUGH FAITH—and this is NOT FROM YOURSELVES, it is the GIFT OF GOD - NOT by WORKS, so that no one can boast." When you work out TO BE saved, Jesus' death on the cross would have no meaning at all, because it is through His death that we may have life.

So kahit ano pwede nang gawin dahil ligtas na nga? Remember judas the traitor, naging apostol pa siya..peru hindi siya naligtas  dahil hindi siya nanatiling tapat.

Marami kasing kaligtasan. Kaligtasan..saan ililgtas..? ililigtas sa kasalanan...after sa kasalanan...ililigtas ka rin sa parusa walng hanggan.

Yung sample verse, totoo yun. Mahalaga ang faith peru come to think of it... faith without works is dead.

James 2:26 states:
"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

^^ taamaa sabi ni mariel hehe

for me, faith, works and forgiveness/repentance are the key to salvation. Not faith alone, not works alone.

Quote from: carpediem on September 15, 2010, 10:50:34 AM
Let us see: What's your religion's stand on masturbation and premarital sex? What is your stand?

im not sure what it is for catholics but masturbation is a sin because of selfishness and premarital sex is not allowed because sex is for married couples and must be done to procreate.

my stand? practical. kumakapit ako lagi sa scientific/medical side of things.
its in science that sex propels a relationship to deeper levels. masturbation may be selfish in nature but it can also serve as an outlet from problems/anxiety.