What's your take on this?

Started by Mr.Yos0, July 26, 2010, 06:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
@PB - The only purposes of sexual intercourse are pleasure and procreation. Pleasure can be gained on ones own, procreation requires a man and a woman. While some people may jump in here and say it is also a means of showing affection, affection can also be shown and expressed in many other ways. Anatomically speaking sex between a man and a woman is the only logical combination, it is the only one that perpetuates the species. That's the best I can do without the Bible.
I'm a Catholic... if you want an honest answer from me, don't take away the only thing that makes me a Christian. You are asking a Christian whos faith is based off the God of Scripture. You set up a straw man argument; where you do not want the answer.  To love a man is not wrong as we are called to love our neighbours. This love however is a form of righteous love that a man and a man can have.

i'll rest my case regarding this matter.. but i am happy to have a healthy conversation with you and Carpediem. sana ganito lagi sa PGGf.

Quote from: judE_Law on August 17, 2011, 12:53:03 AM
your not stating facts...

C'mon now, i'm not stating facts? Eto mga sinabi ko:

- Irrelevant daw kung well informed na mga authors ng Bible dati (this is from your post)
- God's words are absolute (from a Christian perspective. I will be amused if you say this is not a fact.)
- they (the authors) couldn't be misinformed, could they? (well this is my opinion, based on a Christian's perspective. I dare you say they were misinformed.)
- They were the people chosen by God to author the Bible. (again, based on a Christian's perspective.)
- women were objects of society in their times (fact)
- slavery was perfectly ok (fact)
- Being gay is evil. (quoting what you quoted again, "What they write is clear and unambiguous.")

your actually trying to discredit the Bible by telling PB that being gay is being evil.

well I did not offer anything new. all of those are from the Bible - from the thread starter's verses, and your own quoted post.

I cannot argue that it is evil but I can argue, without the Bible, that homosexuality is unnatural based upon human anatomy. If you look at the sexual reproductive organs of a male and a female it is apparent that the two go together. Though some would argue that the organs are not just for reproduction but also for pleasure and I would agree with this BUT as far as human reproduction is concerned the only rational and natural relationship that can occur is one that is heterosexual.

Agreed. But does doing something unnatural or out of its "original" intended purpose bad?

LOL I'm going to post something naughty...

You said

Quote from: judE_Law on August 17, 2011, 01:10:23 AM
The only purposes of sexual intercourse are pleasure and procreation. Pleasure can be gained on ones own, procreation requires a man and a woman. While some people may jump in here and say it is also a means of showing affection, affection can also be shown and expressed in many other ways. Anatomically speaking sex between a man and a woman is the only logical combination, it is the only one that perpetuates the species. That's the best I can do without the Bible.

The purposes of your tongue is eating, talking, and kissing. It can also be for other pleasures, but those pleasures can be gained on one's own or through other ways.  :P :P :P

what's your take on this?

"Atheism"

@PB - The only purposes of sexual intercourse are pleasure and procreation. Pleasure can be gained on ones own, procreation requires a man and a woman. While some people may jump in here and say it is also a means of showing affection, affection can also be shown and expressed in many other ways. Anatomically speaking sex between a man and a woman is the only logical combination, it is the only one that perpetuates the species. That's the best I can do without the Bible.
I'm a Catholic... if you want an honest answer from me, don't take away the only thing that makes me a Christian. You are asking a Christian whos faith is based off the God of Scripture. You set up a straw man argument; where you do not want the answer.  To love a man is not wrong as we are called to love our neighbours. This love however is a form of righteous love that a man and a man can have.

i'll rest my case regarding this matter.. but i am happy to have a healthy conversation with you and Carpediem. sana ganito lagi sa PGGf.

oo nga maganda may mga ganitong talakayan na napaguusapan pero parang nalalayo ka na sa usapan natin dito naisama mo na ang sexual intercourse. We are talking about people who are gays/lesbians here regardless kung active or non-active ang sex life. Part lang ang sexual intercourse sa usapin pero ang pagusapan natin yung main topic that being gay/lesbian is evil ba?

Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 17, 2011, 01:15:34 PM

oo nga maganda may mga ganitong talakayan na napaguusapan pero parang nalalayo ka na sa usapan natin dito naisama mo na ang sexual intercourse. We are talking about people who are gays/lesbians here regardless kung active or non-active ang sex life. Part lang ang sexual intercourse sa usapin pero ang pagusapan natin yung main topic that being gay/lesbian is evil ba?

i already said that i rest my case regarding this matter... pero, ako, nalalayo sa usapan? if you will go back to your previous post.. your not asking if being gay is evil.. your askin if it is a sin.. o nagkakasala ba yung ganun.. i just post my opinion and what's written in the Bible...
besides, what i said is that... I cannot argue that it is evil but I can argue, without the Bible, that homosexuality is unnatural based upon human anatomy. at doon pumasok yung sinasabi mo na sexual intercourse... If you look at the sexual reproductive organs of a male and a female it is apparent that the two go together. Though some would argue that the organs are not just for reproduction but also for pleasure and I would agree with this BUT as far as human reproduction is concerned the only rational and natural relationship that can occur is one that is heterosexual.
by the way, baka naman hindi ka nagtatanong, baka gusto mo lang depensahan yung situation that your in...
to me it is clear, wala akong sinasabing "being gay, is being evil", period.

ako naman eh nagtatanong lang dito wala akong kailangan i-defense kasi nga hinde nga malinaw kaya pinaguusapan. Gay is evil or a sin is pareho lang na masama. Yun ang main topic di ba.

you have posted what you know regarding sa Bible, its passages and verses pero hinde mo naman ma-explain ng maayos at malinaw. Sana hinde mo na lang i-pinost kung hinde mo rin naman ma-justify. kaya nga ako nagtatanong eh. Magtatanong ba ako kung alam ko na ang sagot?  :D ;D you can answer based on your belife non-Bible based pero pinagyabang mo pa ang mga verses eh hinde mo naman ma-justify  :)

Quote from: Lakandula on August 17, 2011, 03:42:37 PM
practice what you preach

Aren't you gonna speak up about the topic Lakandula?

Why change the topic? LOL

Ohhh, sinning is not evil. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;D

Quote from: carpediem on August 17, 2011, 05:35:49 PM
Why change the topic? LOL

Ohhh, sinning is not evil. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;D

OT: Naisip ko lang carpediem.. are you ---? Just a question.

Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 17, 2011, 03:26:07 PM
ako naman eh nagtatanong lang dito wala akong kailangan i-defense kasi nga hinde nga malinaw kaya pinaguusapan. Gay is evil or a sin is pareho lang na masama. Yun ang main topic di ba.

you have posted what you know regarding sa Bible, its passages and verses pero hinde mo naman ma-explain ng maayos at malinaw. Sana hinde mo na lang i-pinost kung hinde mo rin naman ma-justify. kaya nga ako nagtatanong eh. Magtatanong ba ako kung alam ko na ang sagot?  :D ;D you can answer based on your belife non-Bible based pero pinagyabang mo pa ang mga verses eh hinde mo naman ma-justify  :)

no, nagtatanong ka kasi may gusto kang marinig na sagot.. unfortunately, hindi yung sagot ko ang nais mong marinig.. well, seems like Carpediem has the answer to your question.. go!

@PB - Hwag mo na tanungin si jude, wala ka rin makukuha sa kanya. Or rather, ang makukuha mo lang ay yung mga sinabi ko, na pinost niya, na hindi mo daw nais marinig.

Being gay daw is a sin. But it is not evil (LOL). Kaya daw "go"! ;D

@solomon - Am I gay? Hmm, even if I were, it is not relevant to the discussion is it? :)

Quote from: carpediem on August 17, 2011, 08:29:30 PM
@solomon - Am I gay? Hmm, even if I were, it is not relevant to the discussion is it? :)

Pinaligoy mo pa e. Sagutin mo na lang ng diretso: yes or no? With all honesty please.