Logic puzzles

Started by carpediem, August 17, 2010, 12:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Let us have a thread where we post logical puzzles!

The puzzles should have concrete answers with no nonsense solutions. Anyone can answer, but please put your answers and solutions in transparent text. To use transparent text, just "Change Color" to transparent when you post, so that the text will appear like this: cool huh?  :D

I'll start.  :)

There two pieces of rope, each of them burns completely in 1 minute exact. How do you measure 45 seconds by burning the ropes?

im not familiar with the transparent text. seems like it does not work with my device.

i dont have a logic problem but i know the answer to that question. Naging bonus question yan noong college ako. hehe

There are no spoiler tags here, so we'll just use transparent or invisible text. You can see transparent texts by highlighting them. :)

Again to post texts in transparent, just use the change color drop down when posting, use any color first, then type transparent in place of the color you chose and voila, your text will be invisible!

Edit: Seems like the transparent thing does not work will all browsers. Hindi pala gumagana sa IE. lol

yeah figured that out too. Seems like it also does not work well with Safari.

Anyway, the answer to that is
you burn both ends of the 1 rope and that will result in 30 secs, simultaneously burning the other rope but only on one side. After 30 secs (when the first rope is gone), burn the other end of the second rope, leaving you with 15 secs. Doing this in a "perfect" manner will achieve 45 secs.

hindi ko alam kung naalala ko ng tama pero seems tama naman at logical...

may isang tao nakatira sa building. Tuwing bumababa siya sa Ground, coming from the 15th floor. But tuwing umaakyat siya, sa 12th floor lang lagi bumababa. why is this so?

ito pa isa...

the day before yesterday,  i was 18 years old. Next year, I will be 21. How is this possible?

my answer for the age question:

if date today is jan 01 xx1...
dec 30 xx0: age = 18
dec 31 xx0: age = 19; birthday (last year)
jan 01 xx1: age = 19; date today (this year)
dec 31 xx1: age = 20; birthday
dec 31 xx2: age = 21; birthday (next year)

else

you're not good with numbers XD

wala akong maisip na question... does anyone here remember the "nasaan yung piso" question? di ko maalala kung nasaan pero alam ko nasagot ko yun dati e XD

Quote from: angelo on August 19, 2010, 12:03:29 AM
may isang tao nakatira sa building. Tuwing bumababa siya sa Ground, coming from the 15th floor. But tuwing umaakyat siya, sa 12th floor lang lagi bumababa. why is this so?

Parang kulang. I think I know this puzzle. I think this is clearer (correct me if I'm mistaken):

May isang tao nakatira sa 15th floor ng building. Tuwing umaalis sya ng bahay, nageelevator sya, at bumababa siya sa Ground. But tuwing uuwi sya sa bahay, nageelevator sya hanggang sa 12th floor, tapos stairs sya hanggang 15th. Why is this so?

Quote from: bukojob on August 19, 2010, 01:51:22 AM
wala akong maisip na question... does anyone here remember the "nasaan yung piso" question? di ko maalala kung nasaan pero alam ko nasagot ko yun dati e XD

Yes. Not really a good puzzle kasi medyo stupid. Marami syang versions. Eto one version (syempre sariling version ko na to):

You are the child of a quarreling mathematician dad and logician mom. One day mom tells you to go to the nearest store to buy suka, toyo and patis for 80 pesos. She gives you 40 pesos, and tells you to get the other half from your dad, which you do. At the store, you find out that the total cost is just 77 pesos. So you have sukli of 3 pesos. You returned 1 peso to your dad, and 1 peso to your mom, which in effect makes it seem your parents shelled out 39 pesos each. You still have one peso left. Then you calculate, 39 + 39 = 78, plus one peso left with you equals 79. Nasaan yung piso???

^ yan nga yun. nililito ka lang naman niyan. haha!

^^ tama para mas clear.

How about this easy one:

May mag-amang papunta ng Baguio. then what happened is nahulog sila sa bangin. the dad was dead pero yung anak was saved by the townpeople na nakakita sa kanila. tapos tinakbo yung anak to the nearest hospital. then pagdating nila doon, tinignan na sya ng doctor. sabi nung doctor: "Anak ko yan! Anak ko yan!"
Sino yung doctor?

HAHA. Super easy

Quote from: carpediem on August 20, 2010, 11:41:45 PM

Parang kulang. I think I know this puzzle. I think this is clearer (correct me if I'm mistaken):

May isang tao nakatira sa 15th floor ng building. Tuwing umaalis sya ng bahay, nageelevator sya, at bumababa siya sa Ground. But tuwing uuwi sya sa bahay, nageelevator sya hanggang sa 12th floor, tapos stairs sya hanggang 15th. Why is this so?

kasi sa isang building walang 13th floor. out of curiosity, baba na siya ng 12th floor at bilbilang ng 2 floors up kung nasa 15th floor na nga siya hahaha   ;D

Quote from: vijay15 on August 21, 2010, 01:04:32 PM
How about this easy one:

May mag-amang papunta ng Baguio. then what happened is nahulog sila sa bangin. the dad was dead pero yung anak was saved by the townpeople na nakakita sa kanila. tapos tinakbo yung anak to the nearest hospital. then pagdating nila doon, tinignan na sya ng doctor. sabi nung doctor: "Anak ko yan! Anak ko yan!"
Sino yung doctor?

HAHA. Super easy

mother niya  ;D

Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 21, 2010, 02:57:03 PM

kasi sa isang building walang 13th floor. out of curiosity, baba na siya ng 12th floor at bilbilang ng 2 floors up kung nasa 15th floor na nga siya hahaha   ;D

try again! :)

Meron pa: Pero minsan kapag umuulan sa labas, elevator sya from Ground to 15th, di na sya bumababa pa muna sa 12th.  :)