Logic puzzles

Started by carpediem, August 17, 2010, 12:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: carpediem on August 30, 2010, 11:02:11 PM
^ Pwede kasi lumusot sa airport. Probably if you have medical knowledge, you'll know babae yung kalansay. Baka may antenna or some fixture sa rooftop hehe.

i think may point si Pinoybrusko.

Logically naman there is nothing in the rooftop to hang on, unless you throw yourself off the roof with a rope tied to your neck... and with a full set of human bones, i dont think it will be able to pass airport security without anyone noticing...

so tama ba Vijay?

Here's a question for the resident mathematician, though baka alam na niya:

There's this game show where the host presents 3 closed boxes to a contestant. One of the boxes contains the prize of 1M pesos, while the other two boxes are empty.

The contestant chooses one of the boxes. Knowing the content of the boxes, the host opens one of the two other boxes to reveal that it is empty. The host then offers the contestant a chance to switch to the other unchosen box, or to remain with his choice.

Question: What is the better strategy for the contestant, to switch or not?

your probability to choose a correct box for each box is 33.33%. Then, the host opens an empty box, that makes your probability increased to 66.66%. I won't switch, I get the highest probability to win  ;D

if you're one of the detective and you went into the crime scene, here is the scenario...

an empty room 4m in height from floor to ceiling
a dead body of man standard height hanged himself where a rope is tied on the ceiling
wet floor
no chairs no other items in the room

question: how did he hang himself?  ;D

block of ice yung inapakan nya tapos pinasok nya yung ulo sa noose na nakahang sa ceiling.. tapos nung natunaw na yung ice ayun nabigti na sya..  ???

tama  :D

another one:

detective detective pa din  :D

scenario:

john and mary are inside the room both dead lying in the floor
broken window with a hole
baseball ball
wet floor
broken glass of aquarium

question: how they die or cause of death?  ;D

^ they can't breath...? they are living in the aquarium...?

Quote from: bukojob on August 31, 2010, 11:31:57 PM

same thing i thought of. isda sila.  ;D

Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 31, 2010, 01:35:35 PM
your probability to choose a correct box for each box is 33.33%. Then, the host opens an empty box, that makes your probability increased to 66.66%. I won't switch, I get the highest probability to win  ;D

faulty reasoning mo hehe

Quote from: angelo on August 31, 2010, 11:45:36 PM
Quote from: bukojob on August 31, 2010, 11:31:57 PM

same thing i thought of. isda sila.  ;D

tama  ;D

Quote from: carpediem on September 01, 2010, 01:25:56 AM
Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 31, 2010, 01:35:35 PM

faulty reasoning mo hehe

sirit na? ano sagot?

^ I want to hear the answer of Fox. Wonders if he reads this thread.

Quote from: carpediem on September 01, 2010, 03:45:58 PM
^ I want to hear the answer of Fox. Wonders if he reads this thread.

mali ba ung reasoning ko? hahaha

di ba binuksan na ng host iyong isa so ang probability naging 66.66% tapos mas malaki pa din sya kc dalawang box ang natira so 50% - 50% chance. mas mataas pa din ang 66.66% kesa sa 50% so i wont switch hehehe.

calling fox, sagutin mo na ito  ;D

Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 29, 2010, 12:27:45 PM
Quote from: vijay15 on August 28, 2010, 01:46:52 PM
How about this?

May tatlong mali sa kwentong to:

There's this guy na galing sa airport. may dala syang malaking maleta. Then he headed to the hotel where he was planning to stay. then pagdating niya doon, pinabantay niya sa isang bellboy yung maleta nya then umalis na yung guy. out of curiousity, binuksan nung bellboy ung maleta then may nakita syang babaeng kalansay! sa sobrang panic nya, hinanap niya yung guy sa buong hotel. nung hindi niya mahanap, umakyat sya sa rooftop then doon nakita nya ung guy nagbigti.

Ano yung tatlong mali sa kwento? :)

hmmm. unang mali, dapat sa airport pa lang alam na ang laman ng maleta niya so hinde na siya makakapunta sa hotel kasi naka-hold na siya. 2nd, paano niya nalaman na babae ung kalansay? 3rd, paano ka makakapagbigti sa rooftop? pede tumalon from the rooftop  ;D

Bruskong brusko ka talaga dahil tama ang sagot mo! haha parang nasa game show lang ah :)

Sorry late ko na naannounce na tama ung sagot ni brusko. naputulan ako net eh haha :)

Oh eto: mahirap to.wala tong sense para sa iba. sa iba naman siguro meron. pero try niyo na din sagutin hehe

gagamitin kong tao ako,si sir brusko at si sir angelo

Yung Bagay na ginawa ko, hindi ko gagamitin. Binili sa akin si brusko yung Bagay na yun pero hindi niya din yun gagamitin. yung Bagay na yun binili ni brusko para kay angelo. pero si angelo hindi niya alam na nagamit niya na yung Bagay na un.

Ano ung Bagay na yun? :)