Mahal na mag-MRT?

Started by marvinofthefaintsmile, September 13, 2010, 09:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
bakit kaya hinde nila naisip iyon? or baka fixed ang electricity magdagdag ka or magbawas ng train kaya hinde feasible

There are lots improvement areas for MRT that I could think of.

- They could have a variable fare based on time. For example, higher costs during peak times, which would manage the passenger traffic.

- Strict implementation of train arrival, loading/unloading, departure times. Strict implementation of orderliness. I think if people were to follow strictly a first-come first-served scheme for riding the train, there would be no need to compete with each other. The net effect is there would be no train delays during loading, and everyone will be happy.

- More efficient ticket selling and baggage inspection system.

dpat meron din clang mga empleyado na "taga tulak" sa passenger sa loob ng train pra maging compact ang dami ng tao sa loob. Ganito kase sa Japan eh. Hehehe.

Quote from: carpediem on September 15, 2010, 02:23:18 PM
They could probably reduce the number trains in operation during off-peak to cut costs.

you have to understand that this incurs fixed costs and eventually sunk costs, when running vacant.

i agree with your suggestions above, though orderliness must be prioritized. hindi kasi naiintidihan ng mga bobong pasahero na para makasakay sila, kailangan bumaba muna yung mga nasa loob. nakakainit ng ulo halos araw-araw umaga pa lang.

^ Don't get it. If you reduce the number of trains, you also reduce trains running vacant right?

You are saying that fixed na ang electricity costs ng MRT?

Quote from: angelo on September 15, 2010, 10:58:02 PM
Quote from: carpediem on September 15, 2010, 02:23:18 PM
They could probably reduce the number trains in operation during off-peak to cut costs.

you have to understand that this incurs fixed costs and eventually sunk costs, when running vacant.

i agree with your suggestions above, though orderliness must be prioritized. hindi kasi naiintidihan ng mga bobong pasahero na para makasakay sila, kailangan bumaba muna yung mga nasa loob. nakakainit ng ulo halos araw-araw umaga pa lang.

Ang daming Bobo nyan kung saka-sakali as per Angelo

survival of the fittest.. sa pagsakay ng MRT.. Haha!

wala talagang tatalo sa mga kulay white na mga tren sa LRT.. parang mabibitak o mapuputol habang nakasakay ka.. lalo na pag puno.

.. at, pag sa EDSA ka sasakay, kailangan isa kang "aggresive" type na pasahero para makauna agad sa tren.. kundi male-late ka sa pupuntahan mo kung masyado kang mabait.
;D

i wonder kung nasaan na yung mga kulay flesh na mga tren dati.. yung mga walang aircon at nakabukas yung bintana..

Quote from: carpediem on September 16, 2010, 12:04:48 AM
^ Don't get it. If you reduce the number of trains, you also reduce trains running vacant right?

You are saying that fixed na ang electricity costs ng MRT?

you are not only talking about the trains. you also open the stations, people who man the booth, security guards with night differentials, elevators/escalators and whatnots.

even if you run only a few trains and fill it up, if it does not meet the optimal capacity, then it is bound to lose money due to the overhead you have to maintain. tumakbo man ang train or hindi, babayaran mo mga ito.

on the vacancy, what im saying is that a train from a starting station will run at a certain time despite it having only less than 20 passengers. unless parang jeep yan na magpupuno muna bago lumarga. hence hindi rin "optimal" kahit na fewer cars used and if it is ran by electricity, the engine consumes the same within a range of cars (im just guessing) but it looks like it is how it is ran.

^ yes i know that. i am not saying it would be optimal. i am just saying that reducing the number of trains would cut some cost, kahit papaano.

minsan, nakasakay aq sa Ordinary (Hinde aircon) na MRT. Tpos jampack kame.. Grabe, tagaktak ang pawis at napawisan ang damit q gamit ang pawis ng iba tao,. Tpos nakabukas n lng ung bintana ng tren.. Grabe tlga un..

Technique: I usually flex my muscles pag papasok naq ng tren pra mascompact at solid ang pwersa q at magkakaron tlaga ng space for me sa tren. I also enter nang pasideview instead of pahalang so masmataas ang probability qng makpasok sa jampack n tren. I also hold my bag instead of wearing it pra "masmanipis" at mdali aqng mkkpasok sa tren.

Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on September 17, 2010, 11:48:15 AM
minsan, nakasakay aq sa Ordinary (Hinde aircon) na MRT. Tpos jampack kame.. Grabe, tagaktak ang pawis at napawisan ang damit q gamit ang pawis ng iba tao,. Tpos nakabukas n lng ung bintana ng tren.. Grabe tlga un..

Technique: I usually flex my muscles pag papasok naq ng tren pra mascompact at solid ang pwersa q at magkakaron tlaga ng space for me sa tren. I also enter nang pasideview instead of pahalang so masmataas ang probability qng makpasok sa jampack n tren. I also hold my bag instead of wearing it pra "masmanipis" at mdali aqng mkkpasok sa tren.

ako mas simple.. pag puno, hindi ako sasakay.. aantayin kong dumating yung tren na maluwag-luwag..

Quote from: carpediem on September 17, 2010, 02:01:29 AM
^ yes i know that. i am not saying it would be optimal. i am just saying that reducing the number of trains would cut some cost, kahit papaano.

i understand. what i am saying is the "kahit papaano" [sic] is still relative. even if you only run a few trains, if the traffic does not account for the capacity, then it does not really cut costs.

i know it is too variable of a cost to debate on. sorry.

Btw, I am not proposing the way to cut costs as a solution to compensate for longer operating hours. It is just an independent proposition.