May 6 pack abs ka ba?

Started by brian, September 19, 2008, 12:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: aslan_fleuck on July 28, 2009, 11:45:43 PM
how about undergoing a six-pack surgery or more professionally known as abdominal etching.  this procedure will turn your pudgy belly into a washboard. it's a kind of precision liposuction, where the doctor sucks fat from your belly, revealing the abdominal muscles that lie underneath. at first, when I saw the name of this procedure, i thought they carved out or put little implants in your belly to make it look like you have a 6-pack, but that's not the case. you actually have to have the muscular definition, either naturally or from working out.

I've heard Diether Ocampo ay nagpa surgery.

napanood ko kasi sa Rated K last sunday about a surgery procedure in Beverly Hiils 6750 (Ayala Ave.) to have a chiseled abs.

possible naman pero hindi niya kaya kung mataba ka tapos abs kaagad. then yes high maintenance na rin.

Quote from: aslan_fleuck on July 29, 2009, 09:29:48 PM
napanood ko kasi sa Rated K last sunday about a surgery procedure in Beverly Hiils 6750 (Ayala Ave.) to have a chiseled abs.

i saw this one. pero ang panget. lumiit nga abdominal area pero everything else malaki pa din.

Quote from: aslan_fleuck on July 29, 2009, 09:29:48 PM

parang may napanood din ako na ganito. pero in my opinion, worth it pag pinaghirapan mo talaga. nandun yung challenge at fulfillment.  :)

how about those products being advertised in TV such AB Rocket and AB Pro? Do they really give the exact results as promised in the ads or just false advertisements?

Quote from: aslan_fleuck on August 07, 2009, 11:33:29 AM
how about those products being advertised in TV such AB Rocket and AB Pro? Do they really give the exact results as promised in the ads or just false advertisements?

most of these exercise machines may kasamang diet plan pag binili mo.
maybe if you follow the diet plan, the product will work pero i don't think they will
give the exact results gaya ng pinapakita sa tv.

they can. but it means you really have to be faithful to what the product asks you to do. iba iba lang ang time period before you can achieve it kasi iba iba rin naman ng body types.

panu naman yung sauna belt? parang joke time.

Quote from: † harry101 † on August 08, 2009, 10:30:43 PM
panu naman yung sauna belt? parang joke time.

ah hindi yung mga ganyan. hindi ko alam kung anong technology yung ganyan na nakakatunaw ng taba, di umano.

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on August 09, 2009, 10:02:09 AM
Clinically, there are two proven ways to get those nice abs (body fat % of <10).
1. Healthy controlled diet
2. Aerobic exercise

how do we get less than 10%? parang hirap. ano kakainin mo? haha

Quote from: david on August 09, 2009, 04:10:44 PM
Clinically, there are two proven ways to get those nice abs (body fat % of <10).
2. Aerobic exercise

yun lang talaga diet and exercise.
marami na rin factors - pero isa sa mga primary consideration is yung body type (ata)..dun mag aadjust yung exercise mo at kung ano yung kinakain mo.

Quote from: david on August 09, 2009, 04:10:44 PM
2. Aerobic exercise

kahit ano. think about this...
its not what you put in but how much you put in. (alam ko hindi naman ito 100% tama pero to lose weight, ito yung unahin mong i-control)

para ka lang isang athlete. training at proper diet.

last time i checked i'm 14.7% BF, ito na pinakamababa ko so far na BF %. galing ako ng 20% BF and took me 5months to the set goal na 15%. ngayon naka-set ako ng 8% para lumitaw ang abs ko. based on my activities and body composition, nasa 1725 cal/day kelangan ko. pero it doesn't stop on counting calories kasi you need to eat the proper nutrients - high protein dahil nag-work-out ako... complex carbs to give me energy... foods rich in fiber and lastly ample amount of good fats. pero my rule of thumb dapat above 100grams of protein makain ko and least amount of complex carbs pero dependent pa kung gaano ka-active that day.

ideally, dapat a gram of protein to a pound of your lean body mass... so kung 150lbs LBM mo dapat nasa 150grams of protein per day ang intake mo. kung di kaya sa pagkain doon ka palang mag-resort sa protein supplements.

work-out - i do 3 day split and HIIT in between work-out days.

imo, pinakamhirap para sa akin ang nutrition factor. madali lang ang buhat. disiplina sa pagkain ang pinakamahirap.

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on September 04, 2009, 11:59:36 AM
Quote from: hiei on September 04, 2009, 07:52:49 AM
kung di kaya sa pagkain doon ka palang mag-resort sa protein supplements.

I kinda disagree on any form of dietary supplements (mas galit sa supplements yung mga nutritionist na kaklase ko).

yung maalala kong guideline on protein RDA is 12-15% of total calorie count. which is around 230-300 calories/ per day *gasp* for a 1800kcal ave person.
Surprisingly isang kamao lang yun size na yun.

Excess protein intake is converted to carbohydrates, which in turn converts to fat.
most of the protein shakes ive seen have a 400kcal serving which is roughly an equivalent to a visit to starbucks.

Siyempre exceptions to the rule are AIDS patients, cancer patients, burn victims, and surgery patients such as newly circumcised kids.

different strokes for different folks... i was previously deemed borderline obese both my old family and company doctor. they based it on my BMI. but if you'll ask my friend whose a cardiologist and gym rat, all bets are off kung nag-work-out ka dahil mataas ang lean body mass ko and my BF% is kept low.

frankly speaking its hard to eat that much protein a day, let say 100grams/day. typical pinoy meal mas maraming carbs ang nakakain mo dahil sa kanin then sa ulam which sometimes account na 2 servings or worst kung tagtipid 1 serving lang. a can of tuna is just roughly 13grams...

interestingly, i was discussing protein intake with the cardiologist who shares clinic with us and author of 2 books (complete idiot's guide on boosting metabolism and lowering your cholesterol). he's a gymrat too and somewhat cynical on omega 3... kaya i was surprised that he agrees the need for whey protein. like i mentioned on my previous post if you can't reach the required protein intake, your last resort is the protein supplement.

its my first time to hear that protein can be converted as carbohydrates. can you show me literature to read about it. sa pagkakaalam ko kapag iihi mo lang ang excess protein but it would take toll naman on your liver.

i'm not sure if the protein shakes you mentioned and whey protein supplements were the same. most whey protein that you can buy @ GNC averages 120cal / serving, 18-23 grams of protein and 1-2grams of fat.

lastly, the protein RDA that i mentioned is for people who trains in the gym. kasi their body requires more protein than the average. kung magkukulang ka sa protein intake your body may cannibalize the protein from your muscle just to sustain it's daily protein needs.