Media - TV, Radio, Newspaper

Started by ctan, October 12, 2010, 03:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: mang juan on October 13, 2010, 12:04:36 AM
For good health, follow the 80-20 principle

1. Akasa. Emptiness is power. Ether or, essentially, empty space in the body is created through fasting and prayer. When a person fasts, the emptiness created helps the body remove the accumulated waste in the system. Rev. Dr. Maliekal encourages everyone to fast at least once a week. A person could do this by eating raw vegetables and fruits only, including juices and water; by having less meals than what he normally has in a day; or, if he is ready, by taking in water only. Fasting has some considerations and is ideally done under the close supervision of a naturopath.

ayun oh kuya cocoy oh... in red

jambee, pagtanggol mo ko. di ako namamalik mata diba?

Quote from: noyskie on October 13, 2010, 04:15:11 PM
Quote from: mang juan on October 13, 2010, 12:04:36 AM
For good health, follow the 80-20 principle

1. Akasa. Emptiness is power. Ether or, essentially, empty space in the body is created through fasting and prayer. When a person fasts, the emptiness created helps the body remove the accumulated waste in the system. Rev. Dr. Maliekal encourages everyone to fast at least once a week. A person could do this by eating raw vegetables and fruits only, including juices and water; by having less meals than what he normally has in a day; or, if he is ready, by taking in water only. Fasting has some considerations and is ideally done under the close supervision of a naturopath.

ayun oh kuya cocoy oh... in red

jambee, pagtanggol mo ko. di ako namamalik mata diba?

hahaha oo nga cocoy! naka highlight pa yun! (nag-effort si nonoy!) hahaha!

hahahaha! oo nga!!! mobile kasi yung gamit ko kanina. hahaha! di ko napansin may pangalawang article pala pinost si jambee!!! hahahahahaha!

akala ko nagmalik mata na kayong lahat! ako pala yun! wehehehe!

akala ni dococoy kung anong fasting pinagsasabi ni nonoy tungkol kay Maria Ressa LOL

Quote from: carpediem on October 13, 2010, 04:41:05 PM
akala ni dococoy kung anong fasting pinagsasabi ni nonoy tungkol kay Maria Ressa LOL

hahahaha! tumpak! hahaha! natatawa nga ako eh. pano nagkaroon ng fasting sa issue ni Maria Ressa? nagfasting ba siya bago siya nagdecide na hindi magrenew ng contract??? hahaha!

minsan nakasalubong q c maria ressa sa greenhills.. pamatay mag-english! kht n wala n sa work eh english pa din. me ksama xang gurl... at masmatangkad aq s knya. haha!

Quote from: ctan on October 13, 2010, 04:48:02 PM
Quote from: carpediem on October 13, 2010, 04:41:05 PM

hahahaha! tumpak! hahaha! natatawa nga ako eh. pano nagkaroon ng fasting sa issue ni Maria Ressa? nagfasting ba siya bago siya nagdecide na hindi magrenew ng contract??? hahaha!

wahaha nakakatawa to cocoy!  ;D

'Confluence of events' leads Ressa to 'move on'

MANILA, Philippines—A "confluence of events" led ABS-CBN senior vice president Maria Ressa to "move on" and leave the giant TV network, according to a network source.

The source said that Ressa's decision not to renew her contract with ABS-CBN came amid internal problems in the network, including the fact that she did not see eye to eye with some top management officials, Channel 2's news programs were struggling in the ratings war, and the flak over the network's handling of the Aug. 23 hostage drama.

There was also the "problem" of her opinion piece in Asian Wall Street Journal on Sept. 6 that was sharply critical of the Aquino administration's handling of the hostage tragedy.

The article came out two weeks before President Benigno Aquino III visited the United States with a party that included ABS-CBN's top honcho, Gabby Lopez.

Bong Osorio, head of ABS-CBN's Corporate Communications, denied speculation that Ressa—senior vice president of News and Current Affairs and managing director of ANC (ABS-CBN News Channel)—decided to leave the network because of pressure from the Aquino administration.

"I don't think that has happened ... [that there was] pressure," Osorio told the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

In a phone interview, Ressa said she planned to focus on writing, specifically putting up her own blog.

"But I really don't know what's next. I will sleep on it for a while," she said.

Ressa added she was "not sure" whether or not she would continue her Wall Street column. The blog is also "an experiment," she said.

Ratings problem

"There isn't really one specific factor or reason. It's a confluence of events," said the network source, who asked not to be identified for lack of authority to speak on the matter. "She has been with us for so long and has lent her name to the organization. She can't be budged out by one event."

"But there are many problems (at the network)," the source added.

The source said Ressa had an "untenable relationship" with some top management people, including ABS-CBN president Charo Santos.

"They don't see eye to eye and she also had a feud with Chari Villa, when they used to be close," the source claimed.

The ratings of the TV giant's news programs in the mega Manila area, which advertisers closely follow, are also "very problematic," the source said.

"It's either we are at par with that of the other network or five points behind. We did not really pull away from the competition," the source said.

"And now Channel 5 sometimes gets the No. 2 spot on some days so she was really under pressure to do certain things."

AWJ article

The source said top management wanted an overhaul of the news programs, particularly TV Patrol, but Ressa was seen as "resisting" this.

In her article in Wall Street Journal, Ressa referred to factions within the Aquino administration and said: "These factional splits played a big role in last month's bungled response to the hostage crisis."

The article also said: "For many Filipinos, this bungling is wearingly familiar. The country has a famously weak system of law and order which often sees criminals go unpunished. Mr. Aquino ran for office promising to clean up this culture of corruption. That's why the hostage crisis was so disturbing: It was a disastrous example of incompetence, political factionalism and lack of national leadership."

"It (the article) was a kind of embarrassment because it came out on the eve of the President's trip to the US, which included our boss," the network source said.

"It would have been OK to do it as a journalist but she was identified as the head of News and Current Affairs and so we were dragged into that thinking which was very critical or very scathing of the administration," the source added.

No Palace pressure

The source also dismissed rumors that Malacañang pressured ABS-CBN to let go of Ressa since even Kris Aquino, the President's sister and an ABS-CBN star, had been critical of the network's news coverage.

"I think it's not so much about Malacañang. It's more of internal considerations," the source said.

The source said there were suggestions that former Vice President Noli De Castro and Korina Sanchez be brought back in "but she (Ressa) did not want this."

Osorio told the Inquirer that Ressa was also considering teaching at Princeton University, her alma mater. "She also plans to go on vacation and later, write a book. She will not run out of things to do."

Is Ressa free to write a tell-all, behind-the-scenes book on her six-year stint in the Kapamilya network?

Osorio said her contract didn't prohibit her from writing a book or in a blog. What her contract bars is transferring to a rival local network, he said.

"She cannot transfer to TV5, for example, because she has a noncompeting clause in her contract. She can, however, join a foreign media outfit, like CNN, where she was Jakarta bureau chief before joining ABS-CBN."

Osorio said her departure was a "personal decision."

Part of the territory

As Ressa said in her statement, "she didn't resign, but simply chose not to renew her contract (which ends Jan. 3, 2011)," he said.

Osorio doesn't think Ressa was "unhappy" either. Or that she was affected by the purported "big enemies" she made in and out of the newsroom during her tenure as news head in ABS-CBN.

"Having enemies is part of the territory. Maria speaks her mind," he said.

Osorio also noted that ABS-CBN management had fully supported Ressa despite criticisms over the media coverage of the hostage crisis.

"That was very clear that the network was behind Ressa and would continue to fight for the independence of its news team," he said.

Another network source said Ressa was asked about her reasons for leaving when she met with employees on Monday night but she only said it was time to "move on."

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view/20101013-297436/Confluence-of-events-leads-Ressa-to-move-on

I admire her for writing that article at Wall Street...

Many years ago, i saw Ressa sa Greenhills.. I look in her eyes and I felt something in her.. Almost somewhat like despair.. I don't know pero un ung nafeel q s knya..

Pero I believe she is a very strong woman to deal with all these madness. (Ba't kya bigla qng naalala c noynoy-skie pag nababanggit q ung madness n word. hmm.. Haha!)

^^uhmmm.. i choose not to comment on the issue..lol! ;D

Quote from: judE_Law on October 15, 2010, 07:52:54 PM
^^uhmmm.. i choose not to comment on the issue..lol! ;D

hmm... bakit jude? hehe!

e totoo ba yung balita na baka lumipat ng TV5 si korina?

^ syempre it's safer not to comment, kasi baka gawin against him in the future. he has the right to remain silent diba jude  ;)

Quote from: carpediem on October 16, 2010, 01:26:04 AM
^ syempre it's safer not to comment, kasi baka gawin against him in the future. he has the right to remain silent diba jude  ;)

tumpak carpediem. baka kasi may mga mata palang nagmamasid dito at gamitin against sakin yun.. hehehe...

@Doc.. marami kasing sumusulpot na istorya eh.. basta quiet muna ako.. hehehe..

wag niyong ipressure si jude baka magkaroon ng leak dito pa sa PGG  ;D