Among the 7-deadly sins. Which 1 is you are most guilty?

Started by marvinofthefaintsmile, November 10, 2010, 10:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hmm, cguro pwede dn sakn ang last on my current state..

I lust for love.. all like everyone else does.. pero not physically..

Pride.. do u think this is the reason in every war that happened on earth?

Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on November 11, 2010, 06:26:09 PM
Pride.. do u think this is the reason in every war that happened on earth?

oo, kasi mag-aaway away lang kayo kung pataasan nlng kayo ng pride.

and because of pride.. madameng namatay na tao dahil sa digmaan.

^ pride yes, in some aspects

but many wars were fought, and still being fought because of, surprise surprise, religion again

Quote from: carpediem on November 11, 2010, 09:28:04 PM
^ pride yes, in some aspects

but many wars were fought, and still being fought because of, surprise surprise, religion again

carpediem, they fought about religion; why? because of their pride.

Kahit may milyon milyong religion sa mundo pero bawat isa sa kanila may humility at may respeto sa isa't isa, walang mag-aaway.

^^ I think prang ito ung Krusada nung unang panahon.. I dont know that part of history though..

@noyskie: so did their pride arose from their religion?

Religious wars are not necessarily due to pride. If one's religion tells one to destroy those who do not believe in his religion, is that due to pride? Religious fundamentalists are using their religion to justify their acts. This is specifically the reason why people continue to live under the threat of terrorism, and this is not one-sided.

@marvin: sorry I got off-topic. The 7 deadly sins, afaik, are not listed explicitly in the Bible.

Probably I am most guilty of laziness.

Quote from: carpediem on November 12, 2010, 09:32:11 PM
@noyskie: so did their pride arose from their religion?

Religious wars are not necessarily due to pride. If one's religion tells one to destroy those who do not believe in his religion, is that due to pride? Religious fundamentalists are using their religion to justify their acts. This is specifically the reason why people continue to live under the threat of terrorism, and this is not one-sided.

okay i respect your beliefs.

^^ yeah. Im not even sure if the Vatican accepts this eh.. Pero yun ung mga famous deadly sins natin..

It seems.. madameng nagkakasala sa Lust.. Meron ba itong root cause? Like in culture or something?

I  think Lust rooted from being curius by it since it is considered as like a taboo in the society.. So you wonder, what is in there that people want. D ba me term na "Bakit masarap ang bawal?".

^as they say in an adage:

What is no longer forbidden quickly loses its charm.  ;)