RH Bill. Yes or No?

Started by Mr.Yos0, November 23, 2010, 12:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think Ive been discussing a lot that it becomes just too complicated so sorry. Ive been too enthusiastic to share my ideas. I will just restart.

MAIN ARGUMENT (this is what's important to me)

I am against RHL because it makes the responsible people pay (through tax) for the wrong of the irresponsible. I believe it is unreasonable & unfair. I think a better policy would be that the irresponsible be held responsible (put them to work to make them pay for their children's needs). I believe we should be promoting a life of self reliance than dependence (to others & to the government). We should empower people, not encourage the acceptance of helplessness.

SIDE NOTE (I just want to respond to these but its not really important to the main argument)

*Monopolies can never happen/have never happened in a free market. All monopolies ever are gov created.
*Gold was money for thousands of years & ended only in the 1970's so it's proven to be very practical.
*Ive already read RH back when it was just a bill.
*I dont side w/ the church. Im an atheist. Im againts RH for philosophical reasons. 

^^ I do not think you got the whole RH clear to yourself sir.

"it makes the responsible people pay (through tax) for the wrong of the irresponsible"

This is a very superficial reason to be against the Law. It does not merely provide condoms and other forms of contraception to the irresponsible people. It actually forwards the cause of Reproductive Health in the Philippines. Mortality related to reproductive diseases and causes are very high (221 deaths in 100,000 reproductive health diseases) that we actually fall short big time of the United Nations' mandate as stated in MDG 5, to have universal access to reproductive health.

It is a given fact that developing countries like the Philippines, as well as underdeveloped countries, have records showing maternal deaths due to poor access of reproductive health facilities. Solution has to be provided in non-hypothetical problems such as this. A concrete and do-able law must be enacted for a solution to become a national mandate. And it is in this light that the RH Law takes effect.

Women who have septic abortions is a reality and it exists anywhere in this country. Instead of waiting for other options, prompt action is needed in order to save these dying women, and thus the RH Law.

Filipinos, especially the poor, have sex and produce babies, despite having lots of children in their houses. It is a reality that people have sex, especially during their idle moments. Agree that they should have jobs, but having sex sometime in the day will not be hindered. And so the RH Law stands, providing them all forms of contraception.

It is true that children nowadays are exposed to sex at an earlier age. Instead of criticizing the RH Law, why not teach these children how to be responsible with that aspect, especially with the truth that sex talked about at home is almost always a taboo.

And there are so much more that I could enumerate. True that Filipinos need jobs. But it is also true that such reproductive mishaps happen, raising the mortality rate of reproductive diseases. This alone warrants prompt action, thus the RH Law.