What are you listening to right now?

Started by hypebeast, December 07, 2010, 04:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: fox69 on August 01, 2011, 10:09:53 AM
Quote from: hiei on August 01, 2011, 08:22:21 AM
Amy Winehouse concert @ budh empire...  Way of giving ttibute to a very soulful singer...  Sakto,  iinayos ko audio set up sa living room... Set to low volume listening pero klaro at full ang tunog..

an audiophile, indeed  :P :P :P

sana :) kaso source palang talo na ako... i only have a shoe boxful of orig CDs ang that's a basic requirement actually most audiophiles prefer the rawness ng vinyl and dahil digital sampling na lang ang CD.

Quote from: fox69 on August 02, 2011, 07:16:41 AM
^^^i agree...most audiophiles prefer the vinyl over the CD because of the reason you stated..maybe im the exception to the rule because im the quintessential CD person...i prefer the full and vibrant sound of the compact disc over the rawness of the vinyl  :P :P :P

yup, part of it are the CD connoisseurs who prefer refined sound without the hiccups of the vinyl. and they compensate their shortcomings with their high end CD players. mayroon european company na nag-modify ng high end CDs who wanted their rig to be on the higher echelons. parang $3,000 na CD player na and the modifications costs almost the same but the quality of sound is the same with $15,000 CD players... these are the elite group na who'd spend $135,000 for a wilson alexandria speaker  :o

tip: start with a good stereo system then work your way up to 5.1 HT system.... and never resort to HTIB (Home Theater In a Box) na marami ngayon. it's more rewarding to build your system the way up esp music is you life :)

currently listening to cafe del mar vol 11... still nursing my music bug bite from saturday's audition ;)

Quote from: fox69 on August 02, 2011, 11:54:31 AM
^^^ THANKS for the suggestion  :P :P :P

audition? for what ? just curious... :P

audition ng bagong bowers & wilkins speakers :) good thing they never sounded significantly better than my 20 year old B&W2004... matagal ko kasing di nagamit and left me an impression na the right channel sounded very muddy... inayos ko ulit ang system ko using monster cables that i bought noon pa but tinamad akong mag-linya... i switched the source from MP3s and AVI to CD/DVD player then hooked it up sa digital box ng cable for HD movies and concert. w/ small elbow grease postpone na muna ang bagong fronts... but i might get a sub :)

currently listening to Love by Air... Yup, chill out mode.

are you ready? - fatty gets a stylist