What are you listening to right now?

Started by hypebeast, December 07, 2010, 04:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: joshgroban on November 07, 2011, 12:17:12 PM
you are my everything by calloway
...you are my hopes and my dreams...

OnT: Nocturne No. 20 in C# Minor by Chopin :)

^^ uy pong! mahilig ka rin pala sa classical? yeah!!!!

Quote from: ctan on November 07, 2011, 03:07:10 PM
^^ uy pong! mahilig ka rin pala sa classical? yeah!!!!

yeah, and those sappy old songs in the 50s 60s 70s
new wave songs in the 80s
OPM and dance club hits in the 90s

we need a bro-fist on that, doc!

cool! do you have an mp3 collection of the classical genre?

Quote from: ctan on November 07, 2011, 03:15:57 PM
cool! do you have an mp3 collection of the classical genre?

absolutely! in fact, my friends find me the weirdest guy not having any pop song in my mobile phone. all of 'em: classic. from 1700 to 1890. though, i have another gadget where i can listen to rock and dance songs whenever i jog 'cause you really can't run with all these soothing and admirable music.

i guess it would be an acquired skill - to jog / run in the rhythm of the elegance of classical music. :-) as for me, i listen to bach, vivaldi, chopin, etc while doing paper works at home. though at times, i listen to traditional / folk music such as chinese, indian, arabic, malay, korean, and japanese. :-)

Quote from: ctan on November 07, 2011, 03:25:14 PM
i guess it would be an acquired skill - to jog / run in the rhythm of the elegance of classical music. :-) as for me, i listen to bach, vivaldi, chopin, etc while doing paper works at home. though at times, i listen to traditional / folk music such as chinese, indian, arabic, malay, korean, and japanese. :-)

mother of God!!! you listen to Vivaldi?! he's my idol!!! his music are forever exuberant, but should you juxtapose his compositions with Mozart, Dvorak or Beethoven, he sounds pretty basic. but then, his are so influential, even artists as great as Bach transcribed his compositions. try to listen to his most compelling set of concertos: L'estro Armonico, and you will be bewildered by the talent. it was once the most famous piece of music all around Europe.

yeah, classical music soothes the mind. i don't know how. it's the apotheosis of all music to be composed by man. Chopin is melancholic and jolly, but try to listen to Liszt or Rachmaninoff and you will tell Chopin to do more piano lessons. for the other Asian instrumental music, it's great to listen to whenever you'd imagine to travel with the comfort of being at home.

hardcore eh? :-D indeed, such classy music delivers a soothing balm to one's soul. though i really do not claim expertise on that, i do appreciate their music. i have several cd collections of various classical music which includes the composition of the ones i've already mentioned. :-)

Quote from: ctan on November 07, 2011, 03:39:07 PM
hardcore eh? :-D indeed, such classy music delivers a soothing balm to one's soul. though i really do not claim expertise on that, i do appreciate their music. i have several cd collections of various classical music which includes the composition of the ones i've already mentioned. :-)

to tell you a short story, i wasn't a fan of classical music until my work bugged me terribly i'm almost in the midst of psychosis. mmm, maybe being hypochondriac, but technically, sleeping on it doesn't help. not until i listened to Vivaldi's Four Seasons. my lips almost reached my ears by mere excitement. from then on, i shunned all pop music: for which i am telling my younger sister Beethoven is far too better than Justin Bieber.

well, i guess, for the next EB, let's trade some concertos that aren't common between us.

sure thing! but just make sure you'll attend the next meet up! hehe!

Quote from: ctan on November 07, 2011, 03:47:17 PM
sure thing! but just make sure you'll attend the next meet up! hehe!

yeah, but i told someone i'll have to borrow a dog's face for me to show up 'cause i hate to be laughed at!

Everytime You Go Away - Paul Young (ang jologs ko  :-X )