♂ Body Fitness: Nutrition and Exercises for the body ♂

Started by marvinofthefaintsmile, January 03, 2011, 12:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I want to consolidate all of my knowledge to gain the physique everybody wants to have. This will include work out routines and nutrition.

The Desire...
The Dedication...
The Pain...
The Perseverance...

There are three basic things that you need to get the body that you want.

These are:

• What's on your mind.
  • What you put in your mouth
  • The stress that you put on the muscle

State of mind. It is always best that you keep your workout enjoyable. You should set a goal with defined date. You need to believe in yourself. To get that one last rep with lifting weights.

Nutrition. This accounts more than half of your effort to get the physique that you want. Protein, Fat, and Carbohydrates plays a vital role in here. They will help you add some muscle and burn those fats. You won't grow a muscle if you don't feed your body.

Workout: This is the most anabolic (muscle building) but also catabolic (muscle breaking)approach you can have. As you can see, after you have stressed your body in the gym. You are having these micro-tears in your muscle fibers. With proper nutrition and workout, you can have these muscle fibers grow bigger and adapt that kind of stress. If these happens, lift heavier weights.

Thought of the day: You won't get that big immediately. It takes decades of non-stop training in the gym to be there plus the use of the anabolic steroids. So don't be bothered that you might get a monstrous physique when you are not using anabolic steroids. You'll just have a model like physique instead.

This is a very effective substance for muscle building. In layman's term, it pushes your body's muscle limit so you can grow very huge. Usually, injectible siya since sobrang liver damaging ang oral steroids. It also makes you stronger, burns fat, and promotes muscle growth! However, it has lots of side effect that's why there are cycles that are followed when using these.

You should workout because of the following benefits:

• You'll have denser bone mass and has less risk of having osteoporosis.
  • You'll have a better heart.
  • You'll rarely get sick.
  • You'll have a physique to die for. The curves and the definitions.
  • Clothes will look good on you. But you'll look better without it.  :)
  • You'll have better sex performance.
  • You'll lose fat since muscle is a living tissue and eats calories even if you are resting.

The Protein, Carbs, and Fat sources that you need to build your body.

Note: The calorie content:
          a protein has 4 calories,
          a carb has 4 calories,
          a fat has 9 calories,
          an alcohol has 7 calories

Sources of Protein

• Salmon
  • Tuna
  • Haddock
  • Lean Beaf
  • Lean Hamburger
  • Crab meat
  • Lobster
  • Turkey
  • Whey protein
  • Shrimp
  • Cod
  • Buffalo
  • Deer
  • Egg Whites
  • Steak
  • Chicken
  • Lamb
  • Whole Eggs
  • Casein Protein
  • Cottage Cheese
  • Milk
  • Low Fat Free Cheese
  • All other types of fish

Carbohydrates and Veggie Sources

• Oats
  • Whole Wheat Pasta
  • Yams/Sweet Potatoes
  • Beans
  • Whole Grain breads
  • Waxy Maize Starch
  • Whole Grain Pasta
  • Sugar Free Oat packets
  • Milks
  • Fruits
  • Brown Rice
  • Ezekiel Breads
  • Spinach
  • Broccoli
  • Carrots
  • Onions

Fat Sources

• Raw Unbleached Almonds
  • Almond Butter
  • All Natural Peanut Butter
  • Macadamia Nut Butter
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salmon
  • Whole Eggs
  • Fishoil
  • Various Other Nuts
  • Evening Primrose Oil
  • Avocadoes
  • Borage oil

I think it would be best kung maglalagay aq ng mga different exercises plus their descriptions on how to do it. Hmm.. Hmm..

Although, I believe na madame nmn ang me alam bout dun pero to get bigger audiences eh I'll try to get you guys into the basics..

Bale cguro un ang plan q tomorrow...

Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on January 06, 2011, 05:55:52 PM
I think it would be best kung maglalagay aq ng mga different exercises plus their descriptions on how to do it. Hmm.. Hmm..

Although, I believe na madame nmn ang me alam bout dun pero to get bigger audiences eh I'll try to get you guys into the basics..

Bale cguro un ang plan q tomorrow...
Agree!!!! It will help a lot for a beginner like me. :)

Thanks Marvin for creating a very informative thread :) Keep up the good work dude!

Will be monitoring this thread as it will be helpful for another beginner like me.

Ok, hehehe..

I created this thread para madali siyang i-maintain kase 1 thread n lng ang titignan q. hehehe.

First, I would like to tackle to most famous exercise there is in the gym..

Bench Press
- Though the Bench Press is one of the most common lifts in weight training, it is typically performed incorrectly. To Bench properly, lie with your back flat on your back on a weight bench. Feet should be firmly planted on the floor, tucked underneath you so you feel "tight" and ready to "drive" the bar explosively off your chest. The bar should be grasped with rear dealts. Grip width should vary each set from shoulder with to one in which elbow-to-wrist joint is 90 degress to the bar at the bottom of the lift,. With bar in your hands, "Pull the weight down" with your lats under control to nipple level at your chest and elbows tucked in tight. As the bar touches your chest, ensuring it does not bounce, drive upward, pushing the bar off as you drive away from it (into the bench) in an explosive manner.

Exercise for the muscle group chest/pecs.
incline bench press - do the bench press but have at least 3 holes visible at the back of the bench. That's the correct incline for the bench.
Reps: 12x
Set: 3x

flat bench press - the bench should be parallel to the floor aka flat.

decline bench press - you can use those bench that has -45% angle. This is usually not possible with a regular bench as I have observed in our gym here. So you need to find something that has a decline feature.

dumbell fly - use a lighter weight on this one. Ensure that you are "stretching" your chest when you open your arms and "contract" your chest when you close your arms.
Reps: 20x

You now have worked out your chest. ^_^

Repost from Shoulder workout

Hmm, basically our shoulder consists of muscle separations.. like the shoulder is called the trapz whereas the base of the arm is called the deltoid... The deltoid consists of 3 sections which you need to work out to even out there muscle mass.. Below is my workout for the shoulders..

Dumbell press
12 reps in 3 sets
80% of your max strength
30 secs rest in between
These works all the deltoids.

Front Raise
12 reps in 3 sets
60% of your max strength
30 secs rest in between
This work outs the front deltoid.
It's ok to swing the dumbells especially when it feel a little heavy on you.
Keep a rhythm.

Side Raise
12 reps in 3 sets
60% of your max stregth
30 secs rest in between
This work out the middle deltoid.

Reverse Fly
12 reps in 3 sets
60% of your max stregth
30 secs rest in between
This work out the rear deltoid.

Military Barbell Press
12 reps in 3 sets
70% of your max strength
1 min. rest in between
This works the overall mass of the deltoid.

Shrugs
12 reps in 3 sets
100% of your max strength
30 secs rest in between
This works your trapz.. and you'll get your shoulder pads..

If you want to lose body fat.. You need to eat.. You need to eat na onte every 2-3 hours.. Kahit hinde ka gutom.. You still need to eat.. Mga.. 2-3 kutsara ng subo ang gagawin mo.

I'm not sure if the tagyawat issue is dependent or partially dependent to whey consumption.. Or probably it is becuase of hightened testosterone level in the body..

Buti na lang at ligtas ako sa APE this year.. Yoko pa namn ung feeling na finifinger ang pwet ko.. Sobrang ackward ng feeling..