READ AND PONDER

Started by joshgroban, January 26, 2011, 12:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Psalm 33:4-5

For the word of the LORD is right and true;
  he is faithful in all he does.
The LORD loves righteousness and justice;
  the earth is full of his unfailing love.

Mama Maggie herself says: "I can see in every child Jesus Himself. You have a mission to love others and to accept the love of the Lord. This is our mission, to tell everyone that Jesus loves them. What destroys the poor is the lack of love, acceptance and self-esteem.

"Every time I see a child like that I think: 'How can I be a good human being?' You know when Jesus was on the Cross he said: 'This is your child' and to John: 'This is your mother.' So every needy child is your child. Its not easy to see your children suffering that much."

this is a nice reflection....read on...

Feb11
On Becoming What God Made You to Be As a Road to Glory
By: Msgr. Charles Pope

There was movie some years ago that most of you have seen called Toy Story. It had a deep impact on me for it came out a critical moment in my life.

It was my 33rd  year of life and my 6th year of priesthood. I had suffered a nervous breakdown that required a week in the hospital, and a month off recuperate. What drove me there was being asked to take an assignment I really wasn't ready for.  I was asked to pastor a parish that was in serious financial trouble.

Invincible? But I was a young priest at the time and was still emerging from my "invincible" stage where I thought I could do anything. I guess it's pretty common for men in their twenties to figure they can handle anything. In those years opinions are strong, dreams are still vivid, and hard experience has not always taught its tough lessons yet.

So the young priest in me said yes to the assignment, even though I had reservations. It's proper to say yes to the bishop, but he had asked me to discern not simply obey. Soon enough the panic attacks came, followed by waves of depression, and days where I could barely come out of my room. All this and I hadn't even reported to the assignment yet. A priest friend, my pastor, reached out and helped me discern I wasn't ready and that it was OK to ask the Bishop to reconsider. I did so, but felt I was an utter failure. My personal sense of this humiliation had me further decline into depression and that's when I sought help,  with the encouragement of others. A week in the hospital for evaluation, a month off to recuperate, and years of good spiritual direction, psychotherapy and sacraments  have been God's way of restoring me to health.

Somewhere in the early stages of all this I saw Toy Story. And right away I know I was Buzz Lightyear.  Buzz begins the movie as a brash, would be hero, and savior of the planet. Buzz Lightyear's theme was, To infinity....and beyond!  The only problem was that he seemed to have no idea he was just a toy. He actually thought he had come from a distant planet to save the earth. He often radios to the mother ship and, hearing nothing, concludes she must be just out of range.

At a critical point in the movie  it begins to dawn on Buzz that he is just a toy and may not be able to save the day. He struggles with this realization and resists it, leaping  to the rescue not knowing he can't actually fly. He falls from the second floor and his arm breaks off. (See the second video below) Suddenly he realizes he is just a toy, that all his boasting was based on an illusion. He then sinks into a major depression since his sense of himself has been destroyed.

But God wasn't done with Buzz Lightyear. In the end Buzz saves the day by simply being what he was made to be, a toy. One of the kids takes him up and attaches a rocket to him. In the end that enables Buzz to fly and save the day at a critical moment, with the help of friends.

The lesson of the movie is a critical one and certainly the lesson I learned in my own mid-life crisis.  And the lesson is that our greatness does not come from our own self-inflated notions, but from God. And God does not need us to pretend to be something we are not. What he needs is for us to be exactly what he made us to be. Buzz succeeds by realizing that he is a toy and being just that, a toy. As such he saves the day. For me  too, I have come to realize that I am but a man. I have certain gifts and lack others. Certain doors are open to me and others are not. But when I accept that, and come to depend on God to fashion and use me according to his will, then great things are possible. But if we go on living in sinful illusion and grandeur we miss our truest call and place in God's kingdom. Ultimately we must come to discover the man or woman that God created us to be. That is our true greatness.

All from a cartoon.

yap ganitong article ang masarap basahin from time to time....

lets build friendship always as ive mentioned sa out of topic...

"hey guys whatever it is na merong pasaringan dito sa pgg... be reminded na friendship is the main goal of this forum... personal differences are accepted ...but imposing what we believe is wrong is subjected to our own opinion... lahat naman tama e nasa point of view lang yan ... please lets put an end to all these petty misunderstandings ... besides para tayong di mga lalaki if we used this forum para lang sa sariling irritation... mabuhay ang pgg...Pangkalahatang  GUIDE ng mga GINOO hehe"

just be thankful always....read on

THE TWO TRAVELING ANGELS

Keep reading to the bottom of the page -- don't
stop at the feet (You'll see).

Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a
wealthy family.

The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the
mansion's guest room.

Instead the angels were given a small space in the cold basement.

As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole
in the wall and repaired it..

When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied,

"Things aren't always what they seem"

The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but
very hospitable farmer and his wife.

After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels
sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest.

When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and
his wife in tears.

Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in
the field.

The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel how could
you have let this happen?
The first man had everything, yet you helped him, she accused.

The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and
you let the cow die..

"Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied..

"When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was
gold stored in that hole in the wall.

Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his
good fortune, I sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it."

"Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed, the angel of death
came for his wife I gave him the cow instead.

Things aren't always what they seem."

Sometimes that is exactly what happens when things  don't turn out
the way they should. If you have faith, you just need to trust that
every out come is always to your advantage. You just might not know it
until some time later....
                              Oooo
Some people           (    )
come into our lives   )  /
and quickly go..      (_ /

oooO
           (    )       Some people
            \  (        become friends
             \_ )    and stay awhile...

leaving beautiful          Oooo
footprints on our         (    )
   hearts...                    )  /
                                  ( _/

oooO
                 (    )      and we are
                  \  (          never
                   \_ )      quite the same
                               because we have
                              made a good
                               friend!!

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why it's called the present!

I think this is special...live and savor every
moment... This is not a dress rehearsal!

(\        /)
          ( \ __ / )
          (  \()/  )
          (  /   \  )    TAKE THIS LITTLE  ANGEL
          ( / \/ \ )   AND KEEP HER CLOSE TO YOU
            /      \    SHE IS YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL
           (        )    SENT TO WATCH OVER YOU
            ____

"Daddy , may I please borrow 75 pesos"

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

SON: 'Daddy, may I ask you a question?'

DAD: 'Yeah sure, what is it?' replied the man.

SON: 'Daddy, how much do you make an hour?'

DAD: 'That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?' the man said angrily.

SON: 'I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?'

DAD: 'If you must know, I make 150 pesos an hour.'

SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down. SON: 'Daddy, may I please borrow 75 pesos?'

The father was furious, 'If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don't work hard everyday for such childish frivolity's.'

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money? After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down , and started to think: Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that 75 pesos and he really didn't ask for money very often.

The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door. 'Are you asleep, son?' He asked. 'No daddy, I'm awake,' replied the boy. 'I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier' said the man. 'It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the 75 pesos you asked for.' The little boy sat straight up, smiling. 'Oh, thank you daddy!' he yelled.

Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father. 'Why do you want more money if you already have some?' the father grumbled. 'Because I didn't have enough, but now I do,' the little boy replied.

'Daddy, I have 150 pesos now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.'

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

Do remember to share that 150 pesos worth of your time with someone you love. If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of hours... But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

ka touch nga ang story na to....i hope di gawin sa kin ng anak ko yan... quality time naman ang nabibigay ko sa kanila kahit once a week lang...kesa naman mag abroad

some of the text messages i'm receiving..

FRIENDSHIP AND LOVE

Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.
Don't cry over anyone who won't cry over you.
Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget.
You can only go as far as you push.
Actions speak louder than words.
The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love somebody else.
Don't let the past hold you back; you're missing the good stuff.
Life's short. If you don't look around once in a while, you might miss it.
A best friend is like a four leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.
If you think that the world means nothing, think again. You might mean the world to someone else. 
When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there
True friendship never ends.
Friends are forever.
Good friends are like stars....You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.
Don't frown. You never know who is falling in love with your smile.
What do you do when the only person who can make you stop crying is the person who made you cry?
NOBODY IS PERFECT UNTIL YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH THEM. (Isn't that the truth?)
Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.

Two Choices
What would you do?....you make the choice. Don't look for a punch line, there isn't one. Read it anyway. My question is: Would you have made the same choice?

At a fundraising dinner for a school that serves children with learning disabilities, the father of one of the students delivered a speech that would never be forgotten by all who attended. After extolling the school and its dedicated staff, he offered a question:

'When not interfered with by outside influences, everything nature does, is done with perfection.

Yet my son, Shay, cannot learn things as other children do. He cannot understand things as other children do.

Where is the natural order of things in my son?'The audience was stilled by the query.

The father continued. 'I believe that when a child like Shay, who was mentally and physically disabled comes into the world, an opportunity to realize true human nature presents itself, and it comes in the way other people treat that child.'

Then he told the following story:
Shay and I had walked past a park where some boys Shay knew were playing baseball. Shay asked, 'Do you think they'll let me play?' I knew that most of the boys would not want someone like Shay on their team, but as a father I also understood that if my son were allowed to play, it would give him a much-needed sense of belonging and some confidence to be accepted by others in spite of his handicaps.

I approached one of the boys on the field and asked (not expecting much) if Shay could play. The boy looked around for guidance and said, 'We're losing by six runs and the game is in the eighth inning. I guess he can be on our team and we'll try to put him in to bat in the ninth inning.'

Shay struggled over to the team's bench and, with a broad smile, put on a team shirt. I watched with a small tear in my eye and warmth in my heart. The boys saw my joy at my son being accepted.

In the bottom of the eighth inning, Shay's team scored a few runs but was still behind by three.

In the top of the ninth inning, Shay put on a glove and played in the right field. Even though no hits came his way, he was obviously ecstatic just to be in the game and on the field, grinning from ear to ear as I waved to him from the stands.

In the bottom of the ninth inning, Shay's team scored again.  Now, with two outs and the bases loaded, the potential winning run was on base and Shay was scheduled to be next at bat.

At this juncture, do they let Shay bat and give away their chance to win the game?
Surprisingly, Shay was given the bat. Everyone knew that a hit was all but impossible because Shay didn't even know how to hold the bat properly, much less connect with the ball.

However, as Shay stepped up to the plate, the pitcher, recognizing that the other team was putting winning aside for this moment in Shay's life, moved in a few steps to lob the ball in softly so Shay could at least make contact.

The first pitch came and Shay swung clumsily and missed.  The pitcher again took a few steps forward to toss the ball softly towards Shay.  As the pitch came in, Shay swung at the ball and hit a slow ground ball right back to the pitcher.

The game would now be over.  The pitcher picked up the soft grounder and could have easily thrown the ball to the first baseman.  Shay would have been out and that would have been the end of the game.

Instead, the pitcher threw the ball right over the first baseman's head, out of reach of all team mates.  Everyone from the stands and both teams started yelling, 'Shay, run to first!  Run to first!'

Never in his life had Shay ever run that far, but he made it to first base.  He scampered down the baseline, wide-eyed and startled.Everyone yelled, 'Run to second, run to second!'

Catching his breath, Shay awkwardly ran towards second, gleaming and struggling to make it to the base.  By the time Shay rounded towards second base, the right fielder had the ball . the smallest guy on their team who now had his first chance to be the hero for his team.

He could have thrown the ball to the second-baseman for the tag, but he understood the pitcher's intentions so he, too, intentionally threw the ball high and far over the third-baseman's head.  Shay ran toward third base deliriously as the runners ahead of him circled the bases toward home.  All were screaming, 'Shay, Shay, Shay, all the Way Shay'

Shay reached third base because the opposing shortstop ran to help him by turning him in the direction of third base, and shouted, 'Run to third!  Shay, run to third!'  As Shay rounded third, the boys from both teams, and the spectators, were on their feet screaming, 'Shay, run home! Run home!'

Shay ran to home, stepped on the plate, and was cheered as the hero who hit the grand slam and won the game for his team

'That day', said the father softly with tears now rolling down his face, 'the boys from both teams helped bring a piece of true love and humanity into this world'.

Shay didn't make it to another summer. He died that winter, having never forgotten being the hero and making me so happy, and coming home and seeing his Mother tearfully embrace her little hero of the day!

kaiyak naman to maykel.... being a father its very touching

oo nga josh. ako nga hindi pa tatay pero napaluha ako dyan.

Headache During Sex: Serious or Harmless?
FREE SHIPPING on orders $25 and over!

Dear Dr. Dave and Dr. Dee,

For the past year my boyfriend has been getting headaches after sex. He describes them as pulsating with a lot of pressure from the top of his head to his eyes. They used to come infrequently, now he has them after every orgasm. What are some possible causes and treatments for this problem?

Signed,

Both hurting.

Dear Both,

Since your boyfriend's sex headaches have been going on for a year, they are probably benign coital headaches (see explanation below). But, because they're getting steadily worse, he needs to see a physician. Here's why:

ARE SEX HEADACHES SERIOUS OR HARMLESS?

There are basically two types of sex headaches:

The first, and most common, is the benign coital headache, which tends to occur on a regular basis during or after sex, and is relatively harmless.

The second type is the "new onset" severe headache during sex. This is a first time headache, which the patient generally characterizes as the worst headache of their life. This type of sex headache is a serious emergency until proven otherwise. Such a headache is often due to an acute brain hemorrhage or other serious condition. Fortunately, this type of first onset headache is fairly unusual, but when it does occur it can represent a life threatening emergency, which requires emergency evaluation and treatment.

BENIGN COITAL HEADACHES:

Benign coital headaches tend to occur before or during orgasm, and may persist for a period of minutes, or hang on for hours after sex. It can occur in both men and women. Although benign coital or orgasmic headaches are very painful, and obviously limit sexual enjoyment, they present no other acute threat. They are thought to result from muscle contraction, and/or blood vessel dilation, in the head and neck during sex.

WHAT CAN BE DONE FOR BENIGN COITAL HEADACHES?

Once a serious cause, such as a brain bleed, has been ruled out, benign sex headaches can be relatively easy to treat. Sometimes abstaining from sex for a couple of weeks is all that's required. If that doesn't work, then a physician may need to prescribe medication to be taken an hour or so before sex in order to prevent the onset of the headache. Beta blockers, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDS), and calcium channel blockers have all been used with some success. Benign sexual headaches also seem to respond well to a decrease in stress. The good news is that with or without treatment, benign sexual headaches tend to resolve all on their own.

BRAIN HEMORRHAGE:

Brain hemorrhage may occur during sex when an abnormal blood vessel bursts, causing an acute hemorrhage over the surface of the brain (subarachnoid hemorrhage), or within the brain (intracerebral hemorrhage).

A noncontrast CT scan of the brain, which is available in most medium sized and larger emergency departments, will detect a high proportion of brain hemorrhages. But the noncontrast CT scan isn't perfect. A spinal tap (lumbar puncture) will sometimes pick up hemorrhage missed by the CT. If the CT and lumbar puncture are both nondiagnostic, and the headache is clinically suspicious for a bleed, then an invasive procedure called an arteriogram (cerebral angiogram) may be needed to make the diagnosis.

Brain bleeds comprise only a tiny percentage of all headaches, but if they are not diagnosed and treated emergently, the result can be catastrophic disability or death. That's why doctors maintain a high index of suspicion about explosive onset severe headaches, and why anyone with such a headache needs an emergency evaluation by a physician.

HOW CAN SEX CAUSE A BRAIN BLEED?

Brain bleeds, often result from the rupture of an abnormal blood vessel such as an aneurysm or AVM (arteriovenous malformation).

An aneurysm is an abnormal artery, with bulging walls, somewhat like the bulging area we sometimes see in an overinflated tire inner tube. An AVM is a tangle of abnormal communications between arteries and veins. The walls of aneurysms and AVM's are weak, compared to normal vessels, so elevated blood pressure can cause them to leak or burst. The liberation of blood around or into the brain immediately produces the explosive headache.

Since transient heart rate and blood pressure elevations occur during sex, and the walls of aneurysms and AVM's are weak, then it isn't too surprising that they sometimes rupture or leak during sex.

People are usually not aware that they have an aneurysm or AVM. It may be present for their entire life and cause no symptoms at all, until the day it leaks or ruptures.

SENTINEL BLEED: THE FIRST HEADACHE MAY GO AWAY

Sometimes brain bleeds start with a tiny leak, which may temporarily seal itself off, after which the headache may temporarily resolve. This is called a "sentinel bleed." A sentinel bleed is an important warning sign of impending rupture. It's crucial to recognize and diagnose a sentinel bleed because it provides a window of opportunity to identify and repair an aneurysm before it completely ruptures causing brain damage, or death.

SUMMARY:

On the whole, sex headaches are more often harmless than serious. But, the problem is that a small percentage is due to a serious life threatening emergency, such as a brain bleed. That's why a new onset headache during sex needs an emergency evaluation by a physician. As is often the case in medicine, the percentage chance of a bleed may be small, but if it happens to you, then it's 100%.

FREE SHIPPING on orders $25 and over!

share ko lang tong nabasa ko.  :)

Quotekamusta ka na?

Gabi-gabi sinusulatan kita, pero ni isa man, walang
nakarating saiyo. Hindi ko kase magawang istorbohin ka at iabot ang aking
sulat. Pano, baka hindi mo naman maintindihan ang paglapat ko ng titik, matanda
na ako, hindi na maganda ang sulat. Pagpasensyahan mo na, mahina na kase ang
aking mga mata, at ang mga kamay ko ay nanginginig pa.

Pero naaalala mo pa ba? Noong maliit ka pa, at nagsisimula
pa lamang magsulat? Marahan kong inilalapat ang aking mga kamay sa iyong
mumunting kamay, ginagabayan ang yong maliliit na daliri upang makabuo ng mga
titik. Naaalala mo pa ba? Halos paulit-ulit natin xang ginagawa. Minsan
gumagawa ako ng mga tuldok para masundan mo at sa bawat pagkakamali mo, matamis
na ngiti lang ang isinusukli ko.

Pagpasensyahan mo na

sana

ako
kung dala ng aking katandaan ay hindi ko agad naiintindihan ang ikinukwento mo.
Wag mo naman

sana

akong bulyawan at sabihang "bingi!". Matanda na ako at maramdamin. Nasasaktan
ako sa twing iniirapan mo ako at biglang tinatalikuran.

Naaalala mo pa ba? Noong bata ka? Twing gabi kahit gusto ko
ng matulog, marahan kitang tinatabihan sa maliit mong

kama

at kinukwentuhan tungkol sa mga prinsesa sa ibang kaharian. Gabi-gabi, walang
patid, hinihintay kong tuluyang pumikit ang yong mapupungay na mata bago ko
lisanin ang yong tabi. Kaylan man, ay hindi ko inisip na kailangang magmadali
dahil wala ng mas mahalaga pa sa iyo.

Ipagpaumanhin mo

sana

ang aking mga pagkukulang. Kung dala ng aking katandaan ay nakabasag ako ng
pinggan, wag mo naman

sana

akong kagalitan sa harap ng marami. Pagpasensyahan mo na. Hindi na rin kase akong kasing bikas tulad ng
dati. Mahina na ang pwersa ng aking mga kamay at kadalasan, nararamdaman ko ang
pamamanhid ng mga ito.

Naaalala mo pa ba? Kapag nakakabasag ka ng baso dati? Agad
kong sinasabing "hayaan mo na, agaw-buhay yan" sabay pisil sa kamay mo, naninigurong wala kang sugat. Ayoko kasing
nakikitang namumutla ka sa takot at pagkakapahiya.

Pakiusap ko sayo, wag mo naman

sana

akong piliting maligo kapag ayaw ko.
Matanda na ako, amoy-lupa na. Mahina na rin ang aking pandamdam. Madali na kase
akong kapitan ng lamig at twing gabi, kapag payapa ka ng natutulog, saka lamang
ako nagkakaroon ng kalayaang umubo. Ayoko kaseng naririnig mo. Baka magising ka
pa sa kalagitnaan ng gabi. Alam ko kaseng hinahabol mo ang tulog.

Naaalala mo pa? Noong maliit ka?Pinapahabol mo ako sa twing paliliguan kita. Naaalala ko pa nga,
nagsusumiksik ka sa ilalim ng

kama

dahil takot
na takot ka sa tubig. At para maparam ang ginaw mo, pinag-iinit kita ng tubig
at dali-dali kong sinasabon ang yong yayat na katawan at agad ding pinupunasan
ng malambot na bimpo. Ayokong-ayoko kaseng giniginaw ko. Nangangatal kase ang
mga ngipin mo at nanginginig ang buo mong katawan.

Kapag may panahon ka naman, magkwentuhan tayo. Sa araw-araw
na ginawa ng Dios, ang tanging pinaka-aabangan ko lang ay ang pag-uwi mo sa
bahay. Tila kay haba kase ng panahon kapag wala ka, kinaiinipan ko at
kinasasabikan ang bawat pagbukas at pagsara ng pinto, nagbabaka-sakaling sa
susunod na pagpihit ng bakal na gate na iyan ay mukha mo na ang sasalubong sa
akin.

Naaalala mo pa ba? Noong maliit ka? Buong pagmamahal kong
pinakikinggan ang pautal-utal mong kwento kay Teddy Bear. Kahit paulit-ulit man
ito, hindi ako nagsasawang pakinggan ang matinis at mataginting mong boses.
Ayoko kaseng iniisip mo na hindi ka mahalga sa akin.

Kapag dala ng aking katandaan ay naratay na ako sa higaan,
wag mo naman

sana

akong pandirihan. Mahina na ang aking katwan. Pagpasensyahan mo na sana kung
naaabala kita sa aking pagdumi. Hindi ko
na kasi magawang tumayo pa sa aking mga paa.

Naalala mo pa ba? Noong maliit ka? At nag-aaral pa lang
maglakad? Kasama mo ako sa iyong bawat paghakbang. Marahan kong tinatanganan
ang yong mga bisig, at tinuturuan ka sa pagbalanse. Kaylan man ay di ko
kinapaguran ang pag-akay sa'yo. Dahil batid ko, iyon ang mga sandaling
kailangang-kailangan mo ako.

At sa nalalabing oras ko sa mundong ito, tulungan mo sana
akong tanggapin ang aking kapalaran. Hawakan mo sana ng buong higpit ang aking
mga kamay sa panahong akoy magpapaalam na. Ingatan mo sana ang mga mumunting
alaala ko sayo. Ang mga kumot na buong tiyaga kong binurdahan ng pangalan mo.
Ang mga damit mo noong maliit ka pa na tinahi ko sa kamay.

At kapag ang aking lupang katwan ay tuluyang bumigay na at
makaharap ko ang Diyos, sasabihin kong ingatan ka Niya dahil naging mabuti kang
apo.

kaiyak naman to ...mang juan

were just humans so are priest.....

More than a few people in comments here and elsewhere have  compared Fr. John Corapi to Padre Pio — most significantly because both men, while renowned for their faith and their piety, faced very public accusations of scandal.  Padre Pio, of course, was also charged with having multiple affairs and, like Fr. Corapi, had his priestly faculties suspended.  St. Pio also faced repeated allegations that his stigmata was self-inflicted.

I was curious: what did St. Pio do?  How did he respond to the accusations (which were later recanted)?

I found one answer in a biography, as recounted in the blog Te Deum:

After Vespers, Padre Raffaele summoned Pio to the friary parlor and read the decree received on June 11, 1931, without comment:

"Padre Pio is to be stripped of all faculties of his priestly ministry except the faculty to celebrate the Holy Mass, which he may continue to do provided it is done in private, within the walls of the friary, in the inner chapel, and not publicy in church".

To that, Ruffin explains St. Pio's initial reaction:

"God's will be done,"...then he covered his eyes with his hands, lowered his head, and murmured, "The will of the authorities is the will of God."

While this caused immense suffering for Pio, which was confided privately to his friend and former teacher, Padre Agostino, he did not complain or make objections, especially in a public way. Padre Agostino asked him how he spent his time and Pio replied, "I pray and I study as much as I can, and then I annoy my Brothers." Pio went on to elaborate that he jokes with his brothers.  With regards to study, he spent much time in Sacred Scripture, and he especially studied the Fathers of the Church.

Two years later, on March 14, 1933, Pope Pius XI, sent personal representatives to see Padre Pio, who had been "imprisoned" without the ability to celebrate Mass publicly since June of 1931. Monsignor Luca Pasetto and Monisgnor Felice Bevilaqua. Bernard Ruffin continues in his book:

"They found no wild-eyed fanatic, no crazed neurotic, no embittered rebel, but a pleasant, humorous man. According to [Padre] Raffaele, Pasetto was very much impressed with Pio's humility, his docility, and the whole of his conduct. He recognized Pio as a man of prayer and entirely godly."