FAQ's on Posting

Started by Chris, February 01, 2011, 01:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
^are we writing formal documents here?

why not create a thread or topic and name it "english 101", at least dun, you can ask everyone to have theyre grammar spelled correctly???

Quote from: judE_Law on February 16, 2011, 12:00:14 AM

why not create a thread or topic and name it "english 101", at least dun, you can ask everyone to have theyre grammar spelled correctly???

Hey compadre...its wrong..it should be their... you compadre....you are working in a network station wherien you present News..it makes you less credible in my eyes...Please revise.

Quote from: ram013 on February 16, 2011, 12:03:53 AM

Hey compadre...its wrong..it should be their... you compadre....you are working in a network station wherien you present News..it makes you less credible in my eyes...Please revise.

my sorry.. lol!

Go HOME now...I'll enroll you tomorrow to International School

as i have expected, people will react and be docile to correction...

just like most filipinos who reacted to the "desperate housewives" issue and i remember there is a thread here about chocolates branded filipinos or something to that...

when we are corrected/commented/something is said, we always react violently. we do not see what is wrong within or where it may be coming from; but we are very good at laughing at others' mistakes. fair enough?

let us look at this recent thread:

Quote from: mangkulas03 on February 03, 2011, 03:42:46 PM
Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on February 03, 2011, 01:54:59 PM
Quote from: mangkulas03 on February 03, 2011, 02:22:45 AM
sorry nabother lang ako sa title ng thread i don't know kung sadya or anything... pwede paki-ayos? or paki-Tagalog nalang. pwede naman e. :P

eh pano gagawing palitan ang title ng thread?

ay sabi ko nga. pwede mag sorry?

paki post nalang ang tamang title. hehe.

isn't it of the same value?

I do not claim you or anybody else is lesser of a human than i am, or vice versa. the objective is to correct so that later on, we do not end up as topics to make fun of.

If you do not see the value of doing the best and aiming for the best (since nobody is perfect), then that is your own personal quality standard. I will not touch on that anymore. It is your own life, you can live it the way you want it.
If you do not appreciate the effort, perfectly fine with me. it says a lot about you.

correct. but the point is not taken. huwag naman daanin sa pagiging pilosopo. Since when did we write formal documents here?

If you guys wish to proceed with your ways, carry on. no problem. sa PEx nga kaya nilang gawin iyon, what makes it difficult if we do something similar? just a thought, not a rhetoric.

I tend to agree in general about deleting off-topic posts. However only those that are already too far off track, and those that already filled more than a page. Sometimes some off-topics posts keep the forum more interesting.

I could still tolerate common txtspeak. But not jejemon or l33t sp34k.

We don't have to be grammar nazis and point out every grammatical or spelling error though.

Quote from: angelo on February 16, 2011, 12:19:58 AM
as i have expected, people will react and be docile to correction...

just like most filipinos who reacted to the "desperate housewives" issue and i remember there is a thread here about chocolates branded filipinos or something to that...

when we are corrected/commented/something is said, we always react violently. we do not see what is wrong within or where it may be coming from; but we are very good at laughing at others' mistakes. fair enough?

let us look at this recent thread:

Quote from: mangkulas03 on February 03, 2011, 03:42:46 PM

i don't care being corrected pero dito sa forum...geezz...gusto ko relax lng

If you do not appreciate the effort, perfectly fine with me. it says a lot about you.

--- well sayo siguro pero not for me...there is more than what is being seen or read here in the forum

Quoteas i have expected, people will react and be docile to correction...

uhmm.. just noticed. maybe you meant hostile, not docile. i am not being a grammar nazi here :)

Quote from: fox69 on February 16, 2011, 09:45:34 AM
my take on this " grammar " issue : I DO NOT MIND if somebody will correct the grammar of my posts here at PGG...in fact, i will appreciate the effort because it will help me improve my written communication skills in English..so if Angelo will inform me of my grammatical lapses, i will say THANK YOU to him with all sincerity..at least he really deserves the position MODERATOR..now, if only the OTHER MODERATORS will prove their mettle as moderators, then PGG will be a more relevant site :P :P :P

well said fox69.  8) 8) 8)

Quote from: carpediem on February 16, 2011, 12:52:15 AM
I tend to agree in general about deleting off-topic posts. However only those that are already too far off track, and those that already filled more than a page. Sometimes some off-topics posts keep the forum more interesting.

I could still tolerate common txtspeak. But not jejemon or l33t sp34k.

We don't have to be grammar nazis and point out every grammatical or spelling error though.

^ayan ang dapat!
hindi nakiki-ride on lang sa iba, para makabanat.

Before what I said get interpreted into something else, I just want to say that the point is to moderate in moderation, hence the term "moderator". Ok lang kung moderate lang naman ang off-topic, txtspeak, grammatical errors.

Quote from: angelo on February 15, 2011, 10:59:03 PM
May I suggest to ban posters who do type in a "jejemon" way or purposely misspell a word out of convenience (txtspeak)???

^ my suggestion is to delete posts. but it would be too tedious for moderators to do that...

The suggestion was not to correct misspelled or jejemon words, the suggestion was to delete the posts

I don't care if I get corrected or not....

in the post above, the suggestion was to delete the off-topic posts. - this was in connection to your answer of what is in my mind, since I asked what is to be done with the off topic posts, being not allowed in the forum.

my own personal suggestion was to "ban" the jejemons or the people who type in txtspeak for a matter of convenience. this, again, remains as a suggestion.

i also agree with carpediem that to some extent, it is unavoidable to have OT posts. but i think everyone will agree that a certain thread can digress into something really not relevant to the original topic. (we do not want to point fingers here but you will certainly notice there are a lot) this is what is considered OT, as I think,  everyone would agree.  it becomes tricky on the part of the moderator, but that is the challenge.

Quote from: carpediem on February 16, 2011, 01:09:02 AM
Quoteas i have expected, people will react and be docile to correction...

uhmm.. just noticed. maybe you meant hostile, not docile. i am not being a grammar nazi here :)

thank you very much for pointing it out. I can mean hostile, but I actually meant NOT docile to correction. there are different reasonings but these are in a way to "defend" oneself, rather than to check and accept what was done wrong.

I am not here to become a grammar police. it is just a goal that we all have to strive for excellence, dont you think? lahat dito may mga kanya-kanyang galing at talino. sayang lang talaga kapag hindi na-u-utilize..

the reason i pointed out a grammatical error is to TRY to prove the point that purposely doing txtspeak or the jeje language can actually affect your communication skills. i do not know if im correct, it is just an observation.

Quote from: angelo on February 15, 2011, 10:56:04 PM
what should be done with off-topic posts?

removed or merged with another related topic.