Filipino Foods and Fiesta's!

Started by judE_Law, February 07, 2011, 11:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Exchange your favorite recipes, or dishes..
Talk about your most loved holiday traditions...

Hot Air Ballon Fiesta 2011

16th Hot Air Balloon Festival, Feb 10-13, 2011, it's the festival of everything that flies!

It's that great season once again when winter gives way to summer and the conditions are optimal for the festival of everything that lies!

Enjoy a day of fun and flight, and feast on local culture and cuisine at the country's biggest aviation sports event today, happening at the Clark Economic Zone in Pampanga, on Saturday, February 12, 2011.
Bus leaves exactly at 3:00 am from RAF Mansion Hotel along Roxas Blvd in Baclaran in time for the 5:30 lift off. Towards midday we will escape the noontime heat by taking in some sights and culture around Angeles City, savoring local cuisine in a big Kapampangan lunch buffet and shopping for Pampanga's best delicacies. The rest of the afternoon we will spend back in the airfield until the balloons lift off again and disappear into the sunset. Lug your cameras for some colorful and exciting photo opportunities.
Cost per pax is P1,900.00 PRE-PAID inclusive of aircon bus, guide, entrance fees, museum visits, light breakfast, buffet lunch of Kapampangan delights, pm snack. Sign up fast. Limited seats!

Festival website for news and other details: http://www.philballoonfest.net. Click on About tab, and Event, for the day's schedule of activities.

Tocino or tosino is a cured meat product popular in former Spanish colonial possessions, including Cuba, Puerto Rico and the Philippines. The Spanish word tocino de panceta roughly translates to "pork belly."

In Caribbean countries such as Puerto Rico and Cuba, tocino is made from pork fatback (not pork belly) and neither cured nor smoked, but just fried until very crunchy and added to recipes, much like lardons in French cuisine.

Preparation in the PhilippinesThe meat is sliced into thin strips. Anise wine, annatto, water, salt, sugar, and saltpeter are combined in a container. Each strip is then sprinkled with the mixture and stacked in a separate container, which is covered and kept refrigerated for about three days to cure.

Tocino is traditionally boiled in water (just enough water to cover the meat) or fried in oil, or is cooked over medium heat until the fat is rendered. The original tocino is marinated only with salt, sugar, and saltpeter, although pineapple juice may be added for a slightly tart flavor. Kapampangans who make tocino mix it for 2 to 3 hours in order to achieve the thickness and softness of the meat, then leave it overnight at room temperature before serving it, a dish they call burong babi (fermented pork).

Tocino is often eaten with rice and fried egg in a dish called "Tosilog" or "tocino, sinangag at itlog."

YUM!!!!

I'm not a good cook, nor know any recipe's...but here's the most requested food at our house, as prepared by my Mom :D

Kare kare
Sinigang na Baboy / Hipon
Adobong Baboy / Manok

Quote from: niceako on February 09, 2011, 12:03:03 PM
I'm not a good cook, nor know any recipe's...but here's the most requested food at our house, as prepared by my Mom :D

Kare kare
Sinigang na Baboy / Hipon
Adobong Baboy / Manok

^nagutom naman ako... i love kare-kare and sinigang na hipon! yummm!

isang masarap na pinoy almusal..