Kaleidoscope World (ctan's random musings)

Started by ctan, April 13, 2011, 01:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kilo 1000 on April 13, 2011, 05:45:12 AM
AGAPE member ka pala... no wonder you are 'biblical' :P

Oo kilo, Agape ako dito sa school namin. Marami rin akong kilalang Agape diyan sa school niyo. :-) Nakapag-attend ka na ba ng meetings nila?

Quote from: junjaporms on April 13, 2011, 07:52:27 AM
cocoy! dapat ang name ng thread mo "halina na sa thread ni cocoy" hehe wala lang...

siguradong duduguin na naman kami nito sa mga hindi maarok mong medical terms  ;D

hahaha! kapag ganung title kasi jun, pumapasok sa isip ko ang "kanayunan". Hahahaha! o kaya mga Nutrition Month or Linggo ng Wika nung elementary pa ako. hahaha! =P

Quote from: judE_Law on April 13, 2011, 11:15:24 AM
yehey!  Congratulations Doc Ctan! ;D

Thanks jong! Hahaha!

Quote from: judE_Law on April 13, 2011, 02:52:21 PM
at naiba na anamn ang iyong avy...

Oo, life cycle ng Ascaris lumbricoides yan. Hehehe!

Quote from: Luc on April 13, 2011, 12:13:25 PM
Doc!!

Biro mo naubusan ako ng batt, di ako nakapagreply sayo. Ng ma fully charged ko na, wala na naman akong load! Nyahaha. Bako ngayon bbili ako load. Sira kc atm ko, kaya mag over the counter muna ako.

Cheers sa thread mo doc!

Hahaha! Thanks 'wel! you should reply dun sa pinakalast kong text! Hahaha. I think it was a deliberate move to drain your battery. Wahahaha! =P

Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on April 13, 2011, 02:19:16 PM
dapat eh "Ang Paraiso ni Cocoy Martin" ang thread.

Hahaha. Natawa ako Marvin! Pero parang hindi bagay kasi hindi pa mala-paraiso ang mundo ko. Pero masaya naman. :-) Hehehe! Tsaka anlayo ng hitsura ko kay Coco. Di hamak na magmumukha akong aliping sagigilid kung hitsura ang labanan. Haha!

Quote from: fox69 on April 13, 2011, 02:21:00 PM
dapat eh "Ang Paraiso ni Cocoy Martin[/s]" ang thread.

pag nagkataon, baka dito na ako mag-post palagi.. :P :P :P

Hahaha. Anong meron kay Coco Martin?

Quote from: fox69 on April 13, 2011, 03:00:29 PM
Quote from: ctan on April 13, 2011, 02:58:43 PM
Quote from: fox69 on April 13, 2011, 02:21:00 PM
dapat eh "Ang Paraiso ni Cocoy Martin[/s]" ang thread.

pag nagkataon, baka dito na ako mag-post palagi.. :P :P :P

Hahaha. Anong meron kay Coco Martin?

sya ang nawawala kong BF bwahahahaha :P :P :P

Hahahahaha! Hayaan mo na siya fox! Hahaha! Meron ka naman nang ka-niigan. :-)

Gawin ko rin kayang parang blog to? Hahaha. Post lang ng post.

Quote from: ctan on April 13, 2011, 02:58:06 PM
dapat eh "Ang Paraiso ni Cocoy Martin" ang thread.

Hahaha. Natawa ako Marvin! Pero parang hindi bagay kasi hindi pa mala-paraiso ang mundo ko. Pero masaya naman. :-) Hehehe! Tsaka anlayo ng hitsura ko kay Coco. Di hamak na magmumukha akong aliping sagigilid kung hitsura ang labanan. Haha!

Malaparaiso nga eh! Asa u na nga lahat eh. Hehehehe.

Bale kase xa ung pumasok sa isip ko pag namention ang name na "Cocoy". Cocoy Martin... Hmm, same nmn ata kyo ng texture at color ng skin at hair..

OF WALKING AND FRIENDSHIP
by ctan (063007)

Walking has always been my haven each time I am emotionally urged to think over things that happen in my life, a.k.a. the hustles and bustles of life. When I walk, I get to see little things... things that might be trivial to some people yet for me have proven to be profound in some ways. From these detailed observations of my surroundings, I gain insights about myself, about people around me, about my life experiences, and about life in general.

One theme that came up during my latest "walking session" was about friendship. I realized that it is true that friendship is universal. Many of us have known or experienced the satisfaction, security and benefits of good friendships. Many of us have also known people who we thought were friends, only to have them betray us, hurt us, or disappoint us. And if we were brutally honest with ourselves, most of us would have to admit that at sometime in our lives, we too have betrayed, hurt or disappointed our friends.

One very interesting aspect about friendship that I've thought about concerns with two words: having and being... that is, having a friend and being a friend. The difference in perspective is paramount. When I'm concerned with having friends, my focus is on myself and my own needs. But when my desire is to be a friend, I'm thinking about other people -- I'm thinking about how I could be caring and how I could love them more than myself.

I remember a passage in the Bible in Proverbs 17:17. It says, "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." This verse gave me three realizations. First, a friend is someone who continues to love, and to show that love, whatever the circumstances. Second, a friend is born for adversity... not his or her adversity, but mine. In other words, a test of a friend is whether or not he or she is there for you in the bad times, the tough times. Third, a friend is like a brother... parang death, you can never get rid of him. Sometimes it's tough to be a friend. But a real friend does not shy away from the abrasiveness that comes from rubbing iron against iron, as Proverbs 27:17 describes it. Though it may grate on our nerves, we have to take a risk and hope that our friend of today will still be our friend tomorrow.

I so admire David and Jonathan's friendship as recorded in the Bible. Jonathan loved David as himself. He risked his very life to be David's friend. We read: "Jonathan got up from the table in fierce anger; that second day of the month he did not eat, because he was grieved at his father's shameful treatment of David. In the morning Jonathan went out to the field for his meeting with David. . . . Then they kissed each other and wept together—but David wept the most. Jonathan said to David, "Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the Lord, saying, 'The Lord is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever'" (1 Samuel 20:34-35, 41-42). Later, when Jonathan was killed in battle with the Philistines, David lamented his passing: "I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother; you were very dear to me. Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women" (2 Samuel 1:26).

Few are people blessed with such committed friendship. And that's what I wish for in every friendship I am involved with... Friendship is not a flippant relationship. It is consistent and unfailing love. Walang iwanan!

aaaww.. for me.. no kiss.. just fill it with hugs.

Quote from: ctan on April 13, 2011, 02:51:01 PM
Quote from: MaRfZ on April 13, 2011, 01:23:52 AM
Wow naman.. Hehe
Grats sa iyong personal thread  kuya caloyskie!  ;D

Ayus sa pangalan marfz, caloyskie talaga. Hahaha! Thanks!

oks ba kuya? Hehe.
Sorry di na ko nakakapag text lately.. di ako nagloload kasi di ko magagamit e.. dahil pagdating sa bahay matutulog na lang.. bawi ako sa susunod. hehe