Kaleidoscope World (ctan's random musings)

Started by ctan, April 13, 2011, 01:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Will this be your last day?" a student asked while the professor talks about his final lessons. He paused and tears were about the fall. "Well. I'll be on a trip where it has no destination and needs no fare. I am not sure when will I come back but what remain are my great memories with all of you" No one spoke as the professor grabbed his books and silently left the room.

The mall where he sat was as busy as before. People arrived and leave in different places. He was just there looking at them as individual activities unfold and time elapsed. Silence though noisy, free yet alone, and recognition though they don't care who you are.

Quote from: ctan on June 14, 2011, 12:50:36 PM
"Will this be your last day?" a student asked while the professor talks about his final lessons. He paused and tears were about the fall. "Well. I'll be on a trip where it has no destination and needs no fare. I am not sure when will I come back but what remain are my great memories with all of you" No one spoke as the professor grabbed his books and silently left the room.

parang mga kalungkot na scene namn ito.... haist emo ka ba tol....i sense something

One of the world's most inspiring phenomena is the individual's capacity to cry. Crying let's go. Crying builds up. And crying pacifies. It is but simply amazing, spontaneous, synergistic with true emotion, liberating... I remember the professor who said, "Not to cry is to deprive yourself of your humanity." Beautiful. Wonderfully beautiful.

this is a very nice thought ctan...
makes me wonder, have you cried lately?

also, how difficult is it for physicians to show/suppress their emotions when in front of patients?

Quote from: ctan on June 15, 2011, 12:23:47 PM
One of the world's most inspiring phenomena is the individual's capacity to cry. Crying let's go. Crying builds up. And crying pacifies. It is but simply amazing, spontaneous, synergistic with true emotion, liberating... I remember the professor who said, "Not to cry is to deprive yourself of your humanity." Beautiful. Wonderfully beautiful.

^^ hi niceako (btw, how would you want to be called? niceako is simply too impersonal.. hehe!)

have i cried lately? yeah. it always feels better when i am able to liberate my emotion. :-)

when in front of patients, i remember crying only once. the rest happened behind restroom doors. haha. it's difficult when you have been 'attached' to the patient emotionally because you did all the bedside monitoring, had several inspiring chats with the patient, and then one day he begins to be toxic and would eventually pass away...

^^hehe no worries on that, hehe i won't take it against you (i'll just expose my real name just in case we guys get to meet) :)

i never am a fan of hospitals, i abhor going to it whenever possible. it's only when my bestfriend started having his residency program did i appreciate how things work inside. it really has been difficult for me to be even there, watching and observing patients with varying degrees of sickness, compounded by the seemingly helpless relatives/companions who only want their loved ones to be treated and be put in a stable condition.

somehow, it's a difficult thing to detach yourself from the patients, since you've been a part of them. especially for you guys, who they tend to surrender their lives and health conditions.

si doc, ay kasalukuyang natutulog sa mga oras na ito...

iba na pala ang title ng thread mo kuya caloy. kaya pala hindi ko mahanap hanap.

good morning Doc!
di na kita nareplayan kanina sa pagmamadali sa pagpasok.