10 Random Things About You

Started by ctan, May 02, 2011, 06:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Post anything random about you. :-) 10 items please. :-)

I'll start. :-)

1. I was supposed to take Electronics and Communications Engineering course in college. That was my ambition in highschool. But then they say seasons change.

2. I haven't been confined in a hospital. The longest stay I had as a patient in the hospital was when I was rushed to the Emergency Room of Good Samaritan General Hospital due to severe epigastric pain and vomiting. I stayed at the ER for about 2 hours. However, no diagnosis was made. Sad.

3. I love RED. I don't like red. I LOVE the color RED. Red has a psychological effect on me.

4. My college entrance weight was 105 lbs. I was 17 years old at that time. Now, my weight is 170 lbs. I know I know.

5. I sang a jingle for a local politician in our province to the tune of "Gloria Labandera" during one of those national elections. It was played all over the city. I cringe on my seat everytime I hear my voice when that politician's campaign bandwagon passes by our house.

6. I sincerely believe that fear is a limiting factor, a limiting reagent, a thrombus, an embolus, a black hole. Fear could come in any forms: insecurities, anxieties, shyness, doubts, etc. I figured that all these hinder us to experience the mountain top. That such things lead us into settling around the foot of the mountain, without realizing that there is more to taste and see at the top.

7. I am a procrastinator and a crammer. And I don't like the feeling of enjoying being such.

8. I don't play basketball now. But my very first sports was BASKETBALL. I remember when I was in elementary school, I go to school very early (around 5am) just be the first one to play in the basketball court everyday!

9. I could grow Wolverine-sideburns. Hahaha!

10. Cut me open and I will bleed "COKE".

(present day ctan) - (17-year-old ctan) = 65 lbs of RED Coke :P

Quote from: carpediem on May 02, 2011, 08:43:29 PM
(present day ctan) - (17-year-old ctan) = 65 lbs of RED Coke :P

hahaha. youre funny carp! :-p

Quote from: ctan on May 02, 2011, 06:45:23 PM
Red has a psychological effect on me.

Anong psychological effect na man yon? Kahawig ba ng isang bull sa Spanish bull fighting?

Quote from: Luc on May 02, 2011, 09:58:15 PM

Anong psychological effect na man yon? Kahawig ba ng isang bull sa Spanish bull fighting?

Nagiging sanguine daw si doc. Napatingin nga ako dati kung ano psychological meaning ng sanguine. One of the meanings is "indulgent in pleasure".  ;D

Peace doc!

Hahaha!

Quote from: carpediem on May 02, 2011, 10:11:09 PM

Nagiging sanguine daw si doc. Napatingin nga ako dati kung ano psychological meaning ng sanguine. One of the meanings is "indulgent in pleasure".  ;D

Peace doc!

Actually, among the four personalities (sanguine, choleric, phlegmatic and melancholic), i am more of a sanguine. Hahaha.

RED just excites me. Tama, parang may matador somewhere na pwedeng i-attack. HEhehe!

^hehe. ang alam ko lang sa sanguine ay associated sa color red. tapos may medical term din gumagamit ng sanguine. but thanks for the definition, carpe!

o, carp. Mag post ka naman dito! Ako pinag-isipan ko pa. As usual, talbog talaga ni doc cocoy ang mga details sa buhay ko.

hahaha! bakit naman may

Quote from: Luc on May 02, 2011, 10:14:48 PM
As usual, talbog talaga ni doc cocoy ang mga details sa buhay ko.

pa... tsk tsk. Sharing tayo dito, hindi competition. Hehehe.

I realized that each one's life is very interesting. Kaya as much as possible, I do try to get to know you people better. I really learn a lot dito. :-)

Ang hirap naman kasi ng 10. I'll just compile some of my random posts here. Sorry nothing is new. hehe

1. I hate okra.

2. I am a procrastinator.

3. I am an agnostic atheist.

4. I am a computer geek.

5. I spend a lot of time on the Internet.

6. I find myself starting a lot of things, but never finishing any one of them.

7. I hate people without common sense.

8. I was the one who suggested the "Politics, Philosophy and Religion" board.

9. I love logic puzzles.

10. I know a lot of useless random things.

Quote from: carpediem on May 02, 2011, 10:51:05 PM
Ang hirap naman kasi ng 10. I'll just compile some of my random posts here. Sorry nothing is new. hehe

1. I hate okra.

2. I am a procrastinator.

3. I am an agnostic atheist.

4. I am a computer geek.

5. I spend a lot of time on the Internet.

6. I find myself starting a lot of things, but never finishing any one of them.

7. I hate people without common sense.

8. I was the one who suggested the "Politics, Philosophy and Religion" board.

9. I love logic puzzles.

10. I know a lot of useless random things.

the one that i highlighted is a very sanguine personality! hahaha!

^ yung sayo cocoy nakita ko sa blog mo. marami pa yun diba? hehehe

@ctan: yun nga ang comment mo dati hehehe

Quote from: carpediem on May 02, 2011, 10:59:45 PM
@ctan: yun nga ang comment mo dati hehehe

hahaha! i remember that! nyahahaha!

Quote from: mang juan on May 02, 2011, 10:57:11 PM
^ yung sayo cocoy nakita ko sa blog mo. marami pa yun diba? hehehe

oo nga pala john, nabasa mo na blog ko. hahaha!

hmm..

1 - i eat anything except ampalaya. dont ask why.

2 - one new country per year. this is my goal since i started working. so far, i have been fulfilling my goal.

3 - i almost always purchase with a credit card and put the cash straight to the payment centers. i use the points for airline miles.

4 - i spend a lot on food. being adventurous in trying out new restaurants. my latest favorite is the burger project in QC.

5 - i lost my love for computer games. i dont know why.

6 - im a loyal user of apple products.

7 - my mom requires us (members of the family) to attend Sunday mass. no ifs and no buts.

8 - among the condiments, i cant live without a tomato ketchup

9 - i collect condoms as souvenirs from the places i have been to. this time around, i realized i should change it since condoms expire. still have not decided what to get.

10 - im a fan of basketball. i do play and got good at the sport, but nowadays, im better off a spectator. (suffered an injury)

11 - i was hospitalized once because the doctor had a suspicion that i had a dreaded disease.

12 - i subscribe to mens health PH and SG. ironically, my lifestyle is the opposite.

13 - i never wore PJs and related to that, i vividly remember that at age 14, i learned to sleep naked. (it takes some time getting used to)

14 - i used to be afraid of roller coasters and other thrilling rides, but once i tried it (thank you star city), i really liked it. the most thrilling ride i did was the Kingda Ka. Will soon do the bungee jump in Macau.

15 - since i was in kindergarten, i always wanted to become a doctor. back in junior high, i had a scary experience that made me change my mind. though, i think the calling is still there.

16 - i was never a "bulakbol" at school. i hoped i could relate to one of the posts here about a grad speech rising from the bottom. very inspiring (and challenging indeed)

17 - technically, im a quarter chinese by blood. but i do not practice or follow their traditions.

18 - Shoes/footwear are my "weakness" i have a lot of pairs and more than a couple of them are still unused.

19 - im a "radio" personality when it comes to music.

20 - reading the newspaper everyday is a daily habit.

(double na para walang utang)