Bromance!

Started by Boomer23, May 20, 2011, 03:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sanaysay: MAGPAKALALAKE KA NAMAN...

As much as we want to man up and be tough, we also want to have the affection of a friend like some girls have. It's the truth. Aminin mo (kung lalake ka), kadalasan ang pinakamalapit mong kaibigan ay naituturing mo na ring sobrang dikit na kapatid. Dahil sa nabuo na ang tiwala mo sa kanila at kadalasan sila lang at sila lang din ang napapagsabihan mo ng problema. Hanggang sa tawagan na kayo ng "bromance". Dahil ang pagkakaibigan niyo ay nagiging masyado ng close sa mata ng ibang tao. Siguro nga ay iyon ang kinaiba natin sa mga babae. Mas pipiliin natin magbuhos ng problema sa isang tao o sa isang grupo ng kaibigan na pinagkakatiwalaan mo sa sobrang tagal na panahon kaysa sa mga taong nakakasama mo for a short period of time pero mawawala din agad agad in the end.

Pinagkunan: "Magpakalalaki Ka Naman"- http://kdocampo.ph/post/72566544054

Quote from: Ryker on July 25, 2017, 12:08:43 PM
Sanaysay: MAGPAKALALAKE KA NAMAN...

As much as we want to man up and be tough, we also want to have the affection of a friend like some girls have. It's the truth.
anong example nito?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to say this, but, here's a situation:

Let's say you're starting over again (for the nth time). New job, new city, and new experiences. Then you meet this guy at work, small chit chat, bonding, etc, until you feel that this guy can become a potential guy best friend/ ka-bromance. Sounds great right, however, there's a catch. I know it's not supposed to be a big deal but, he's engaged and is getting married in a couple of months.

Why the fuss, you guys might say. We'll let's say this guy is already accomplished in life and is ready to settle down, and you, you're still figuring out what you want, what's your direction, etc. You're both in your late 20's but in different stages in life. You have this impression that after the wedding, he won't be able to do some stuff anymore with you, most especially that you'll have different priorities already.

Should you keep on pursuing the bromance, or should you just let it go?

Quote from: kscaps2014 on October 13, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

Let's say you're starting over again (for the nth time). New job, new city, and new experiences. Then you meet this guy at work, small chit chat, bonding, etc, until you feel that this guy can become a potential guy best friend/ ka-bromance. Sounds great right, however, there's a catch. I know it's not supposed to be a big deal but, he's engaged and is getting married in a couple of months.

Why the fuss, you guys might say. We'll let's say this guy is already accomplished in life and is ready to settle down, and you, you're still figuring out what you want, what's your direction, etc. You're both in your late 20's but in different stages in life. You have this impression that after the wedding, he won't be able to do some stuff anymore with you, most especially that you'll have different priorities already.

Just continue. If friendship is true, it will go on, it may help strengthen him for his new role in married life.

Quote from: outcastblueboy on October 13, 2018, 11:13:01 PM
Quote from: kscaps2014 on October 13, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

Just continue. If friendship is true, it will go on, it may help strengthen him for his new role in married life.

Do you think this will work? He's more established and you're still finding your place in the sun. He's settling down while you're still bar hopping like there's no tomorrow.

I don't know if I'm just being pessimistic about this especially that this kind of rejection and/or growing apart has happened way too many times and over and over again no matter how much effort to sustain the friendship.

actually that is part of the deal  whether you like it or not. The day when you won't be able to spend time with him because his priority will change. At first it will be difficult to adjust because you will miss hanging out with him, doing stuff together etc.. but after some time it gets better naman. Believe me I've been there.

I have two best friends since high school , 2 years after college graduation my best friend 1 got married he got his long time girlfriend pregnant. Actually it was a secret wedding, my best friend 2 knows about it even my classmates was aware of the wedding well except me, I forgot what was the reason for not telling me, I believe it was kinda lame, anyway but I was so furious that time. I was so mad that I avoided him for so many months, I even changed my no.  So it was easier for me adjusting because I hated him. But like most friendships we patched things up.

After several years my best friend 2 got married, this was the time I had difficulty adjusting, because I was always with him, we spend time together, he takes care of me. I remember when best friend 1 migrated in the US together with his family, he entrusted me with best friend 2 he told him to look after me, well I can't blame them coz I always end up in trouble lol (pasaway ako lagi). But after best friend 2 got married things started to change, his family is his first priority, before he used to hang out with me on a daily basis but now even during weekends hindi na pwede. But  I understand because his family should be his priority. But it got better because now every once a week best friend 2 and I go out for lunch and best friend 1 will be here in January next year for a 2 month vacation.

Don't let your fear be a hindrance to a potential new best friend. It's worth the risk

Quote from: Peps on October 15, 2018, 12:43:19 AM
actually that is part of the deal  whether you like it or not. The day when you won't be able to spend time with him because his priority will change. At first it will be difficult to adjust because you will miss hanging out with him, doing stuff together etc.. but after some time it gets better naman. Believe me I've been there.

I have two best friends since high school , 2 years after college graduation my best friend 1 got married he got his long time girlfriend pregnant. Actually it was a secret wedding, my best friend 2 knows about it even my classmates was aware of the wedding well except me, I forgot what was the reason for not telling me, I believe it was kinda lame, anyway but I was so furious that time. I was so mad that I avoided him for so many months, I even changed my no.  So it was easier for me adjusting because I hated him. But like most friendships we patched things up.

After several years my best friend 2 got married, this was the time I had difficulty adjusting, because I was always with him, we spend time together, he takes care of me. I remember when best friend 1 migrated in the US together with his family, he entrusted me with best friend 2 he told him to look after me, well I can't blame them coz I always end up in trouble lol (pasaway ako lagi). But after best friend 2 got married things started to change, his family is his first priority, before he used to hang out with me on a daily basis but now even during weekends hindi na pwede. But  I understand because his family should be his priority. But it got better because now every once a week best friend 2 and I go out for lunch and best friend 1 will be here in January next year for a 2 month vacation.

Don't let your fear be a hindrance to a potential new best friend. It's worth the risk

I understand your point of view. It looks possible. Maybe I'm just afraid of abandonment.

Off topic: Do you think I still have a chance to have a potential new best friend this late in life?

why not? a special bond is all you need

I see then.

Apparently it might be quite diffucult for me because of the following factors:

- I work in an industry that's female-dominated
- I'm introverted and I'm worried that I might creep out some guys because I might act so awkward towards them
- I don't want to end up with guys who are douchebags especially towards women

Can you give me some tips on how can I make more good guy friends? 😭

Quote from: kscaps2014 on October 27, 2018, 09:41:36 PM
I see then.

Apparently it might be quite diffucult for me because of the following factors:

- I work in an industry that's female-dominated
- I'm introverted and I'm worried that I might creep out some guys because I might act so awkward towards them
- I don't want to end up with guys who are douchebags especially towards women

Can you give me some tips on how can I make more good guy friends? 😭

Siguro, unti-unti kang sumama sa mga lakad nila. Kausapin mo sila.

Dahan-dahan muna as a first step. Tataas naman ang antas ng pagkakaibigan kung talagang magka-vibes na kayo.

Good day brothers,

Newbie here. Looking also for a good buddy. Im RR btw

Quote from: Ubilex on January 10, 2019, 01:31:27 PM
Good day brothers,

Newbie here. Looking also for a good buddy. Im RR btw

Hey RR, Welcome to the PGG Forums, bro!