Top Duo or Group - The Black Eyed Peas   

Radio Artist of the Year - Rihanna   

Top New Artist of the Year - Justin Bieber   

Country Artist of the Year - Taylor Swift   

Top Touring Artist - U2   

Female Artist of the Year - Rihanna   

Best Male Artist - Eminem

------------------------------------

Music chart-toppers and fans gathered for The 2011 Billboard Music Awards Sunday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.  Opening the show with a little S&M was Rihanna and a lip-syncing Britney Spears, who performed a no-holds-barred pole dance routine which ended in a pop-princess pillow fight.  Host Ken Jeong from The Hangover (2010) played host for the awards ceremony, which aired for the first time since 2007.

Glee(TV)'s Matthew Morrison presented the first award of the evening to Taylor Swift for the Billboard 200 Album Artist of the Year.  Swift thanked fans saying,  "The impact of an album is determined by the fans and you've just given me another reason to be completely in love with you."

Justin Bieber took home (among others) the Digital Artist of the Year nod.  Bieber's "Baby" had over 1/2 billion views - the most in You Tube history.  The newly cropped pop sensation thanked his zillions of fans, along with his mom, his mentor Usher, and basically "eveyone who helped me get out of my hometown." 

Performances ruled the evening, with notable appearances by artists such as The Black Eyed Peas - who sang a medley of songs that included "Just Can't Get Enough", "Boom Boom Pow", and "I Got A Feeling", and Pitbull and Ne-Yo, who performed "Give Me Everything."  Viral Innovator Award Winner Cee Lo Green channeled Elton John for  a diamond studded performance of "Crazy," complete with his silver piano and rhinestone rimmed sunglasses.  During "Forget You", he wowed the crowd as his piano elevated into the air and did a complete inversion (how'd he do that?).  Lady Antebellum did "Just a Kiss" and Keith Urban treated the audience to his "Long Hot Summer."

The show featured more performances by  Far East Movement and One Republic, Mary J.  Blige, and Nicki Minaj, who was joined onstage by Brittany Spears for a chorus of "Till The World Ends."  Legendary crooner Neil Diamond was also there for the closing performance with his signature hit "Sweet Caroline," after receiving the prestigious Billboard Icon Award.

Randy Jackson presented Taio Cruz with the Hot 100 Billboard Song of the Year for his "Dynomite".  Cruz accepted the award stating that it was his first ever, then later performed the hit along with "Break Your Heart."   Tim Allen presented Country Song of the Year to Lady Antebellum for their ballad "Need You Now," which was revealed to be the most downloaded country song of all time.

The show featured more performances by  Far East Movement and One Republic, Mary J.  Blige, and Nicki Minaj, who was joined onstage by Brittany Spears for a chorus of "Till The World Ends."  Legendary crooner Neil Diamond was also there for the closing performance with his signature hit "Sweet Caroline," after receiving the prestigious Billboard Icon Award.

Randy Jackson presented Taio Cruz with the Hot 100 Billboard Song of the Year for his "Dynomite".  Cruz accepted the award stating that it was his first ever, then later performed the hit along with "Break Your Heart."   Tim Allen presented Country Song of the Year to Lady Antebellum for their ballad "Need You Now," which was revealed to be the most downloaded country song of all time.

One of the fiercest numbers of the evening was Beyonce's "Run the World (Girls)" performed with the help of digitally mastered effects and a show stopping vocal and dance performance.  Prior to her appearance, Beyonce received a special video tribute from icons such as Bono, Barbra Streisand, First Lady Michele Obama,  Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder - all of whom sang her praises.  Afterward, she was presented with the coveted Billboard Millennium Award by her mother.  Following a gracious acceptance speech, she gave a shout out to her camera-shy hubby saying, "I love me some Jay Z!"   "This night will be one of the best memories of my life," she added.

Justin Bieber took yet another Top New Artist award saying, "I'm 17 and I wanna thank God because he's blessed me so much."  Girlfriend Selena Gomez looked on as the Biebs thanked his mom for being on the road and "putting up with all my crap."  Swagged out in a bronze glitter dinner jacket and a skinny black tie, He Went on to present Best Female Artist to Rihanna, who thanked her peeps in Barbados and her fans - The Rihanna Navy.

Taylor Swift, the first Country artist in the 57 year history of Billboard to garner 5 top tens from each of her first two albums, walked off with the Country Artist of the Year award.

Bret Michaels made an appearance to introduce Ke$ha, who delivered another one of the night's more memorable performances with  "Animal" followed by "Blow,"  during which she straddled a futuristic cannon and blew confetti into the audience.  Ke$ha is no stranger to Billboard chart success.  Every one of her singles to date has appeared in a top 5 position.

The Top Billboard Artist was Eminem, who also walked away with Top Rap Artist, Top Rap Song, Top Male Artist, and Top Billboard 200 Album for  his "Recovery."

See below for a list of televised Billboard Music awards.  For a complete list of winners, visit Billboard's official website.

---------------------

Galing nga mga Performance...