What job interview question are you not fond of answering?

Started by mangkulas03, May 30, 2011, 02:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ram013 on May 30, 2011, 10:51:58 PM
Like yung answer...ayos na ayos ang sagot... :P
pwede naman diba? hehe.

may nagtanong pa sakin na babaeng HR dati. weird ng tanong, parang napaka-unprofessional ng dating, di ko talaga makalimutan. siguro psychological test. akalain mo ba itanong sakin sa interview:

"how's your sex life?"

weeehhh di nga??? tlaga? bakit nman ganun ang tanong?

meron akong kasamahan na manager sa work tpos we are doing panel interview tpos ito tinanong nya

"You have 12 pairs of socks in a drawer (mixed) and you will get 1 pair what are the chances that you will get the correct combination of socks?"

parang WTF??? anung konek sa work na inaaplyan nya..geesh

Quote from: ram013 on May 31, 2011, 12:21:44 AM
weeehhh di nga??? tlaga? bakit nman ganun ang tanong?

oo, ampangit talaga ng tanong nya. di ko malimutan. siguro nga psychological test kasi she was asking a series of situational questions like what will you do if this happens? what will you do if that? what will you do if you have a coworker?... blah blah blah. tapos all of a sudden, biglang lumabas yung tanong nya na yan. (pero take note, medyo sikat yung company ah.)

imagine mo ba naman tanungin yan sa job interview. ewan ko ah, kahit lalake ako nababastusan ako sa tanong nya. unprofessional sobra at nakakahiya syempre.

parang gusto ko rin sagutin ng bastos: "why? are you interested?"  8)

pero syempre, kailangan professional pa rin. i just smiled and said: "i think it's confidential".

Quote from: Chris on May 30, 2011, 10:47:24 PM
^^^ oo. hahaha.

eto pa: "what are your weaknesses?"

syempre ang hirap sagutin. you put your best foot forward during job interviews tapos tanungin ka ng ganyan?

parang ang gusto kong isagot: "weakness ko mga chinita at mga babaeng laging naka-skirt."  ;D

parang sa commercial lang yan e... yung delivery something.... mwahaha

pwede naman diba? hehe.

may nagtanong pa sakin na babaeng HR dati. weird ng tanong, parang napaka-unprofessional ng dating, di ko talaga makalimutan. siguro psychological test. akalain mo ba itanong sakin sa interview:

"how's your sex life?"

[p/quote]

pwede rin na the interviewer is hitting on you ...hehehe

^^^ haha, pwede ah. pero pag nasa interview ka di mo agad maiisip yun. marerealize mo na lang pagkatapos. haha.

IT company yun sa bandang ortigas  :P weird talaga.

Quote from: ram013 on May 31, 2011, 12:54:44 AM

pwede naman diba? hehe.

"how's your sex life?"

[p/quote]

pwede rin na the interviewer is hitting on you ...hehehe

natawa ko dito....kasi biruan sa office....masaya ka pa ba sa asawa mo mwahahaha

Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on May 30, 2011, 07:46:32 AM
- My Love Life
- There's nothing in there to be bragged.
- I have none.

it's unethical to ask about personal stuff during an interview. kaya meron application form which asks about your civil status. the next time a recruiter would ask about personal stuff like love life, health, sexual orientation, etc., please decline answering politely. these should not be a basis for a hiring decision. :)

eto pa,

what makes you different from other applicants?

Please note that there is no right or wrong answers to interview questions. Mostly, how you word and present the answer or how you deliver, plus thought process, dun nagkakatalo. Also answer specifically. Better to cite proof or concrete results coming from the actions that you took when given a task.

I am not a perfect recruiter (and interviewee)... pero kung nagiinterview ako ng candidates, ito yung mga hinahanap ko.

HOW DO YOU SEE YOURSELF 5 YEARS FROM NOW?
- Easy answer for an easy question. In 5 years you should still be in this company, of course, on a higher position. Concrete goals plus concrete ways to achieve the goal.

WHAT IS TOURISM?
- ano to? ms. earth? hahah. :)

WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU?
- joshgroban is correct, "because i can be an asset to this company".. pero answer na din HOW?
- don't forget to bank on your strenghts... and how you can relate it to the job you are applying for.

HOW MUCH IS YOUR EXPECTED SALARY?
- be upfront. recruiters appreciate if you give them an exact amount. if you deserve higher, it would come out of the interview and assessments. and of course, the salary grade of the company for that specific position.
- play around a 20-30% increase if applying for a 1 level higher position

WHAT ARE YOUR WEAKNESSES?
- chocolates? chinita? girls wearing skirts? BAD ANSWERS. haha.
- i'd rather call it AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT. just cite 2-3 AFIs. pag dinamihan mo pa, it might leave an impression na mas madami ka AFIs kesa strenghts. don't forget to say what steps you are currently taking to improve and it will not pose as a risk to the job you are interviewing for.

HYPOTHETICAL/SITUATIONAL QUESTIONS...
- will always be a part of the interview.
- always remember the basic recruiting principle, PAST BEHAVIOR PREDICTS FUTURE BEHAVIOR IN SIMILAR SITUATIONS.

QUESTIONS ABOUT CHANGE?
- don't forget to cite how you adjusted to the change.

HOW'S YOUR SEX LIFE?
- is unethical.
- personal bias on recruiters asking personal questions... not a good company to work in. sorry.

WHAT MAKES YOU DIFFERENT FROM OTHER APPLICANTS? WHAT'S YOUR EDGE?
- read the job description. usually, meron yan sa mga online postings in jobstreet and the likes. the job description most likely presents the benchmark, which translates to the typical candidate. give answers that would make you seem better than what is in the job description.

i, thank you.

Quote from: pinoybrusko on May 31, 2011, 01:20:54 AM
eto pa,

what makes you different from other applicants?

agree. sa totoo lang, di ko maisip ang sagot sa ngayon. or inaantok lang ako talaga? :P

thanks mangkulas!

maghahanap na ko ng bagong company... hahaha...