What job interview question are you not fond of answering?

Started by mangkulas03, May 30, 2011, 02:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eto payo ko lang,

just be humble in answering all the questions not to the extent na mahiyain effect naman

if you do that, masagot mo man o hinde ang mga tanong, since humble ka matatanggap ka

Quote from: pinoybrusko on May 31, 2011, 01:37:33 AM
eto payo ko lang,

just be humble in answering all the questions not to the extent na mahiyain effect naman

if you do that, masagot mo man o hinde ang mga tanong, since humble ka matatanggap ka

would have to agree. i've turned down a lot of high level people just because mayabang sila pero pag ininterview mo, wala naman palang binatbat... remember that the HR/Recruitment interview is always the 1st step. wag ismolin. :P

wag nilang susubukan na magyabang sakin, NQ ka kaagad (na meron  AP comment) --- Not Qualified-Attitude Problem. ;)

^ usually yung mga ganyang high level people are graduates/products of La Salle, Assumption, etc

Quote from: pinoybrusko on May 31, 2011, 01:46:16 AM
^ usually yung mga ganyang high level people are graduates/products of La Salle, Assumption, etc

HAHAHA. hindi naman siguro. heheh. baka meron lasalista/assumptionista/etc dito.... :P

what i meant with high level were MANAGERS and UP. :)

^ of course hinde ko naman nilalahat, I'm just basing on my experience but not generally speaking  :D

pag naghihintay kayo ng turn for the interview, there are times makikipagkwentuhan ka sa katabi mo para marelease din ang nerbiyos mo.

sabi ng katabi ko anong school ka, tapos sinagot ko tapos tinanong ko din siya, sabi niya La Salle

ah kaya pala ganun siya magsalita, parang kinakain ang words at sossy ang ingles hehehe. Un lang. Buti pa yung isang katabi ko na atenista, cool lang siya.

....dagdag ko na din kung bakit dapat humble sumagot sa interview kasi it reflects your school kung san ka grumadweyt. Sa mga nag-apply mostly they select or prioritize graduates from prestigious school like La Salle, Ateneo, etc.

it's a misconception. na pag galing ka sa top 4 schools (in no particular order: la salle, up, ust and THE ateneo), preferred ka na AGAD. no it's not the case. basta graduate (kung kasama sa rqts) ka at magaling ka, pak! malaki ang chance mo na makapasok.

plus, personally, hindi ako impressed sa mga meron MA/MBA tapos wala naman work experience to back it up. it gives me an impression na ayaw pa mag work ni candidate kaya sya nag-aral nalang. impressed ako dun sa mga napapagsabay ang work at school.

OT: diba mas maarte magsalita ang mga taga THE Arreneow?

Share ko lang

Several interviewers will also ask whether you have any weaknesses. When it comes to weaknesses, make sure that you describe the weaknesses that are ambiguous enough to be converted into strengths.
Here are some of the weaknesses that are generally discussed.

Getting Nervous around people
Today, with the advent of the new work culture where a person seldom meets another and where the only time people speak to each other is during coffee breaks, there are some people who have become introverts.  This causes some people to become nervous about giving presentations and speeches.

Being a Debater
Some individuals are too passionate about work and require a reason for any change that is introduced in the company. Though this is good for the project and the product, it might rub some people the wrong way.

Going out of one's Way
There are several people in organizations all over the world who take all kinds of work from their colleagues, whether it is their work or not. While these people are an asset to the company, they may create antagonism.

Sensitive person. Taking things to heart and getting too disappointed when things are done in the wrong way.

Too helpful. Crossing limits while helping teammates.

thats true pero as a graduate who don't belong to the top 4, I felt intimidated kahit na alam ko hnde nakukuha sa school yan. I also experience being rejected by a reputable company dahil I don't belong to top 4  >:(

I just have what they don't have - Humility  :D

@pinoybrusko
ahahah to each is own... pero again, wag mag generalize. :)

@elgimikero
nice. thanks for sharing those. :)

i totally agree with mang kulas regarding the top 4 univ and good thing to hear that coming from a recruiter.

its nice to know that their perspective on applicants is not based on what school they came from but is on skills

Thanks sa info mangkulas ;D

Napaisip tuloy ako ng mga isasagot ko sa mga ganyang tanong. Scripted na ang sagot sa susunod. Haha

Etong tanong na ito napag-usapan na namin nung college pero nung Final Interview ko sa isang company I was surprised to hear it and natigilan talaga ako kasi hindi ko expected na maitatanong sa akin:
Tanong: Why should we not hire you?
Sagot ko(although hindi ko alam kung tama): I'm sorry but I don't see any reasons for you not to hire me. Because I think I fit in the job I am applying for. (yung first line lang ang tanda kong exact na sinabi ko). hahaha...
Ngayon kapag itinanong ulit sa akin iyan in case mag-apply ako ang isasagot ko na:
IF you cannot pay me, then you should not hire me...hehehe...

;D

Quote from: Chris on May 30, 2011, 10:47:24 PM
^^^ oo. hahaha.

eto pa: "what are your weaknesses?"

syempre ang hirap sagutin. you put your best foot forward during job interviews tapos tanungin ka ng ganyan?

parang ang gusto kong isagot: "weakness ko mga chinita at mga babaeng laging naka-skirt."  ;D

^^ I in fact answer this.. Pero I say 'My weakness are ladies.'  Hahaha!

@mang juan
ok lang naman maging scripted. wag mo lang papahalata. mahirap maging scripted kung situational ang questions.

@vortex
maganda ang sagot mo na "i don't see any reasons not to hire me". usually, these type of questions check candidate confidence.

@motfs
hindi kita ihhire.