A MATTER OF FAITH

Started by joshgroban, January 10, 2012, 09:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
ok thanks :)..but, how come the wine is not shared to the people? yung pari lang nakakainom..if all of us could commemorate it then we should, i think, must also drink the wine...apostlic succession i think could explain this, but, para saken nawawala yung essence nung Last Supper pag ganun...the Agape i think is much appropriate for such commemoration..

it is not true na ang pari lang nakakainom ng wine dito sa states kahit saan man na simbahan ng catholic ang mga tao umiinom din ng wine, ang ibang simbahan binigyan sila ng karapatan dahil sa health reason. Dito sa pag communion pag take mo ng host then wine is also serve same time, as far as I know lahat ng simbahan na nasimbahan ko dito practice the same.

samin kasi ...sinasawsaw talaga sa wine kaya basa pa ang bread pagsubo sayo... as much as possible hindi inaabot ang bread...derecho sa mouth coming from an ordained priest or deacon...

nicekid... in small groups celebrating the Eucharist, we do take double species, that is, the consecrated bread and wine! if you want, you can come with me every 1st sunday of the month, 9am at the Mission Society of St. Paul Seminary in New Manila, here we have double species communion!

As for the big churches, only the host is given, for hygenic reasons, for practical reasons (the mass goers' number is so big, that we cannot compute the quantity of wine and the number of chalices that need to contain them), and also the risk of desecration ( every drop of that wine is also Jesus). Also, even if we receive only the host, we still receive the Whole Christ. Remember, the flesh also contain in it blood. the same concept is true for the eucharist. Jesus is totally complete (Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity) singularly in the host or in the wine, or when both are joined together. This is the Mystery of faith that we celebrate, this is the Glorified Body of Jesus that He invites us to eat, so that we can have life.

Quote from: mervs on March 11, 2014, 10:23:27 PM
nicekid... in small groups celebrating the Eucharist, we do take double species, that is, the consecrated bread and wine! if you want, you can come with me every 1st sunday of the month, 9am at the Mission Society of St. Paul Seminary in New Manila, here we have double species communion!

As for the big churches, only the host is given, for hygenic reasons, for practical reasons (the mass goers' number is so big, that we cannot compute the quantity of wine and the number of chalices that need to contain them), and also the risk of desecration ( every drop of that wine is also Jesus). Also, even if we receive only the host, we still receive the Whole Christ. Remember, the flesh also contain in it blood. the same concept is true for the eucharist. Jesus is totally complete (Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity) singularly in the host or in the wine, or when both are joined together. This is the Mystery of faith that we celebrate, this is the Glorified Body of Jesus that He invites us to eat, so that we can have life.
theres no such thing as hygienic purposes... hehe God knows hot to take care of us more than we take care of ourselves...especially if it concerns the eucharist ..point of view lang naman....

Quote from: joshgroban on March 16, 2014, 11:23:40 PM
Quote from: mervs on March 11, 2014, 10:23:27 PM

theres no such thing as hygienic purposes... hehe God knows hot to take care of us more than we take care of ourselves...especially if it concerns the eucharist ..point of view lang naman....

tama namang view nito josh, it is still God who takes care of us... sabagay sa dami ng misang nakisalo ako sa kalis, di pa naman ako nagkakahepa  hehe