ANO PONG SITE ANG PINUPUNTAHAN NATIIN FOR 2012 FASHION TREND FOR PINOY MEN

Started by simpleperocute, January 12, 2012, 11:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
nabasa nyo ba dati sa pulse asia  na sa asia mga pinoy guys daw ang vain. they spend more time staring at themselves in the mirror.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/53141/filipino-men-are-the-most-narcissistic-in-asia/

^ yep and somewhat its true pero parang mas vain ata mga koreans

and i think may topic din sa home page ng pgg about dun

I usually go to PGG blog and askmen.com. nakasign up nga ako sa newsletter ng dalawang site na yun eh.
and I also do this:
Quote from: vir on January 17, 2012, 05:22:50 PM
ako minsan sa mga mannequin sa mga mall..ang ganda magdala ng damit ng mga mannequin kaya sila ginagaya ko,hehehe..tapos kung ano yung suot ng mannequin yung ang hahanapin ko dun sa store..magagaling yung nagbibihis sa mga mannequin na yun..haha..
dun mo kasi makikita kung babagay nga ba talaga sayo yung "latest fashion trend" na sinasabi.

Quote from: vir on January 17, 2012, 05:22:50 PM
ako minsan sa mga mannequin sa mga mall..ang ganda magdala ng damit ng mga mannequin kaya sila ginagaya ko,hehehe..tapos kung ano yung suot ng mannequin yung ang hahanapin ko dun sa store..magagaling yung nagbibihis sa mga mannequin na yun..haha..

Agree ako dito. Thrice ko na ginawa na pinahubad ang mannequin kasi yung suot niya is size ko hehe..
Hi guys this is my first post, i like this community.. Keep it up and more power..

Welcome to PGG Royaxx

on topic: ako nman, pag nakita ko yung damit sa ibang modelo o sa mga malls tapos nakita ko na parang babagay sakin, binibili ko na pag may budget.hehe

Tnx asul and enzoafterdark. Minsan sa mga telenovela ko nakikita yung mga gusto ko na damit na suot ng artista tapos search sa net kung ano brand nun.

I follow this one:

http://stylesilove.blogspot.com

recently ko lang nakita blog nya. Filipino style blogger sya, he used to blog about Manila fashion finds and styles kaya lang based na sya sa singapore so iba na yung brands and stores na finifeature nya pero yung style nya pwede pa ring reference.

- Johnny Denim
http://guystylemanila.blogspot.com

Quote from: johnny denim on February 13, 2012, 01:52:00 PM
I follow this one:

http://stylesilove.blogspot.com

recently ko lang nakita blog nya. Filipino style blogger sya, he used to blog about Manila fashion finds and styles kaya lang based na sya sa singapore so iba na yung brands and stores na finifeature nya pero yung style nya pwede pa ring reference.

- Johnny Denim

Welcome here Johnny Denim. I think your blog has potential. Keep it up.

Obviously, PGG is not giving enough as it is expected. I dropped PGG and switched to better alternative websites.

Looking forward to see your next post  ;)

Quote from: solomon on February 13, 2012, 04:37:12 PM
Welcome here Johnny Denim. I think your blog has potential. Keep it up.

Obviously, PGG is not giving enough as it is expected. I dropped PGG and switched to better alternative websites.

Looking forward to see your next post  ;)

What I like about PGG is that it features accessible items and ideas although each guy has to find his own style. I agree with you it's always beneficial to have a variety of resources. Salamat bro, I just started style blogging recently as a hobby and I hope to enjoy it.

-Johnny Denim

thesartorialist.com

not exactly pang pinoy  pero meron naman ilang styles na pinapakita na pwede din sa atin.

if you want to be ahead of the curve check the fashion runway pics. mayroon yan sa gq.com, esquire, style.com... for example hedi slimane's dior homme collection noong 2005

the notable part of that collection was the slim jeans na unique for having top heavy design for the slouch then tapers down to the hem.

the only thing with runway karamihan not for daily wear but scrutinizing each piece ma adapt mo na ang look. and pili ka lang ng designer or design house that reflects your style. ako i usually browse on lanvin, dior homme, kva, raf simon, jil sandler, maison martin margiela, ann d and rick owens.

regarding blogs dyan na lang nila kinukuha inspirations. thesartorialist ok rin for those stylish people sa streets. and i like how scott schuman take his photos.

PGG naman is a great venue to exchange ideas. though sometimes a topic wanders off prolly because of too much fun sa boards.

glad to have you on board johnnydenim and hope you visit the site more often.

Mejo tamad ako sumilip ng men's runway hehehe. I enjoy looking at runway photos pero bihira ako dun kumuha ng inspiration kasi mejo tamad ako mangilatis ng what would be wearable or appropriate at the moment. So what I do is I just read Askmen.com and also GQ and Esquire (their websites and the UK and US mags) kasi hinahayaan kong sila nalang ang mag-himay himay ng runway to determine common threads and tendences and then I try to leverage on what they're already able to filter and consolidate. If I have to look at runway fashions I look to DSquared, Diesel and D&G for something that's a little rock, and grunge which is something that I like--masculine pa rin, tamang astig lang. These brands also inspire me to hit the gym more, hehe. They're a little commercial and I guess that's why I enjoy watching these runways kasi minsan pag super formal or very conceptual, nagiging confused nalang ako. Eh pag GQ tska Esquire, sila na nag-analyze para sa akin hehehe

Lately I've been enjoying http://www.lookbook.nu for user-uploaded get-ups. May community din dun where people would hype a look (parang voting) and they can comment. It's cool that you can filter per country so you can check out what people are doing all over the world and a lot of them are real people who put together clothes with a mix of high-end and low-end fashions, including yung mga galing sa thrift shops or ukay ukay nila, etc.

- Johnny Denim

if you prefer grunge/rocker... check rick owens, ann demeulemeester, julius, diet butcher skin slim, visvim and damir doma. fashion forward artists usually get their dibs from those designers. sadly, even the rappers... worst the biebs also tried rocking those labels including lanvin and a suit grrrr

it might be surprising if you'll find some of the pieces from zara, topshop, H&M and even diesel and gstar raws are based from avantgarde designers. i've seen zara sneakers that are based from lanvin. and diesel naman have some of their leathers and sneakers blatantly knocked off from rick owens. can't say much about their GAT kasi like MMM and dior homme they got their inspiration sa actual german army trainers.

lookbook.nu daming bading hehehe snooty and snobbish naman sa stylezeitgeist, posters vary from regular people who can really afford high end labels to rich folks w/ exquisite taste to real life models... sufu is more for the hypebeasts... styleforum is just about right mix of men's clothing and streetwear but gets hostile rin sa forum once you mentioned brands that they deemed tasteless or started a noobie post.

I agree with Rick Owens I like him. With the rest, I don't think I've ever seen paid attention to their designs, thanks I think I'll take a look. GQ.com right now has their runway picks already and my usual tamad self will check that out instead of going through everything in fashion week heehee :)

With avant garde designers.. tamad ako to check them out honestly. I know about those Zara sneakers that look like Lanvins--I never gave those the time of the day; I just don't think that sneakers are Zara's bread and butter. For Diesel, I like their styling but I've never been a big fan of their sneakers. Mejo grunge din si Zadig&Voltaire, I kinda like them too. I came across their designs recently pero nothing too interesting in their S/S 2012 lookbook..

oo nga! andami ngang bading-effeminate fashion sa lookbook.nu at lalo na pag finilter mo sa Philippines. LOL tayo ata pinakamadaming ganun. Although it's nice when you really find some creative people who're able to strike that balance. I will check out styleforum, just to lurk and read, thanks! Ayoko pa naman pag masyado snooty; I kinda prefer how people are forced to become creative with the limited resources and/or options available, hindi yung lahat nalang ng nasa magazine order na agad online. I never really want to deal with snobs, sheesh they're tedious. Hehe.