All About Books

Started by Francis-J., March 14, 2009, 07:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Do you read books (aside from the school books you are required to read)?
Ano klaseng books binabasa nyo?
Who is your favorite writer?
What are you currently reading?

ako yes. pag bored ako  i read books. problem lang, pag nagstart ako tuluy tuloy na. i used to read at a rate of 2 books a week. pag sobrang good read sya or page turner talaga, di ko tinutulugan. in 2 days tapos! pero lately di na rin ako masyado nakakabasa pero andami ng nakastandby na books ko.  ugali ko kase ung bumibili ng book everytime nadadaan ako sa bookstore. right now i have over a hundred books na sa cabinet ko. half pa lang siguro nababasa ko.

i like reading suspense thrillers, medical thrillers, adventure novels,  historical fictions, and satirical fiction.

writers i like include james patterson, dan brown, steve berry, michael crichton,  carl hiaasen and clive cussler. pero nahumaling talaga ako sa books ni clive cussler, an adventure novelist. super action-packed yung novels nya.

currently i am reading Neil Strauss' The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pick Up Artists.  so far ok naman. very funny and madaming useful tips for men sa book. it's a must read for all men.  ;)

Do you read books (aside from the school books you are required to read)? >Yes
Ano klaseng books binabasa nyo? >fictional... kasi we are already dwelling in reality, might as well, fantasy naman para maiba  ;D
Who is your favorite writer? dan brown, jk rowling
What are you currently reading? angels and demons

Quote from: Dumont on March 15, 2009, 03:58:22 PM
Ano klaseng books binabasa nyo? >fictional... kasi we are already dwelling in reality, might as well, fantasy naman para maiba  ;D

yes, angels and demons! okay yan! actually all books by dan brown are really good. deception point and digital fortress are very engaging as well. too bad wala pang follow up yung last book nya.
ano kaya kinalabasan nung movie na angels and demons? da vinci code was very disappointing. i hope they did a better job  with  angels and demons.

ako di ako mahilig magbasa ng story books. ang binabasa ko magazines and mga self-help books.

kung fictional books hinihintay ko na lang ipalabas sa sine hehe

Quote from: Viktor Von Ulf on March 15, 2009, 06:50:02 PM
Quote from: Dumont on March 15, 2009, 03:58:22 PM

yes, angels and demons! okay yan! actually all books by dan brown are really good. deception point and digital fortress are very engaging as well. too bad wala pang follow up yung last book nya.
ano kaya kinalabasan nung movie na angels and demons? da vinci code was very disappointing. i hope they did a better job  with  angels and demons.

sana nga.. pero I don't expect anymore.. iba pa rin kapag books  8)

i read novels by anne rice specially the vampire chronicles. it's compose of 10 novels, tapos ko na.

i also read the harry potter series. done with all the 7 books.

twilight saga, tapos na din. 4 novels.

i'm currently reading "the southern vampires" series, kung saan based yung tv series na "true blood". i'm reading it via pdf ngayon eh. meron ako nung novels 1-6 at currently nasa 4th pa lang ako. 'di ko sure kung ilang novels lahat-lahat ito.

i'm also reading books by john grisham, nicholas sparks and paulo coelho.

-Yes, out of hobby and leisure.

-Compilation of historical essays, some. Mostly, thrillers and fiction. Novels of manners.  I also like reading classics.

-J.K Rowling, for sheer mastery of story telling.

-Constant Gardener by John le Carre

sa akin naman not book kundi e-books lang. mahal pag libro kasi hehe. i already read harry potter book 1-7, dan brown's da vinci code and angels & demons. the alchemist, tuesdays with morrie, etc. nakalimutan ko na yung iba. i do have e-book of lord of the rings 1-3 kaso ang haba, sobra ang intro kaya di ko na tinuloy. :)

I love to read, I like JOHN GRISHAM. Read The KITE RUNNER, maganda din.

I have the entire collection of John Grisham and some random books on humorous essays and random novels.
Napansin ko magagaling din sumulat ang mga pinoy so right now I am a big fan of all the books under Philippine Publication section of Power books.
Right now I am reading Luis Joaquin Katigbak's (The King of Nothing to Do)
and Jessica Zafra's Twisted books.
Meron isang libro regarding Bi-sexuality/Homosexuality a really funny book by Louie Cano, Masculladolls and Brusko in Pink hindi ko pa binibili pero binabasa lang namin ng misis ko sa Power Books sabi nga ni misis baka pagkamalan ako na bading dahil yun ang binabasa ko dun hehehehe. pakialam ko sa kanila!!! eh nakakatawa eh ;D

You might wanna read "tuesdays with Morrie" ganda nun... hampaslupa(nice name.. heheheh) pahiram naman ng ibang Grisham.... hahahahha

Quote from: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on July 15, 2009, 05:26:25 PM
You might wanna read "tuesdays with Morrie" ganda nun... hampaslupa(nice name.. heheheh) pahiram naman ng ibang Grisham.... hahahahha

surely  ;D kaso andito ako singapore eh hehehehe
oo narinig ko na yang "tuesday with moorie" written by mitch something I forgot the surname..available ba sya sa power books or national bookstore? much better kung available sya sa book sale hehehehe ::) ;D

Quote from: HampasLupa on July 28, 2009, 04:04:12 PM
Quote from: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on July 15, 2009, 05:26:25 PM
surely  ;D kaso andito ako singapore eh hehehehe
oo narinig ko na yang "tuesday with moorie" written by mitch something I forgot the surname..available ba sya sa power books or national bookstore? much better kung available sya sa book sale hehehehe ::) ;D

Mitch Albom. Meron siya sa fully booked, power books and even book sale. I just finished reading veronika decides to die by Paulo Coelho... ganda...

may movie na rin yang tuesdays.
among mitch albom's books, i like five people you meet in heaven. cool talaga.

book report namin nung hs yan tuesdays with morrie. pati yung movie napanood ko na rin...

book report rin namin dati yung "the little prince", masaya rin 'to basahin. ang ganda pa nung book kasi may pictures... lol