All About Books

Started by Francis-J., March 14, 2009, 07:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
i'm currently reading "the saga of darren shan". looking forward din for the movie adaptation ng "the vampire's assistant"

solid bob ong! pang masang pinoy!

lately nahilig ako sa mga pinoy pocketbooks .. ung tig-37 pesos ..

lalo na stallion series sa phr ..

......nung college mahilig ako magbasa ng novel pocket books habang nasa dorm bago matulog or pag nagtravel lalo na pag pupunta ng province sarap magbasa ng pocketbook....I go for sidney sheldon, john grisham, ken follett, etc. halos natapos ko na ata ung books ni sidney at john grisham hehehe ay di pa naman meron pa natitira.....gusto ko din ung books ni ken follet all about spies, german nazis, etc. pero ngaun di na wala kc bookstore dito sa mideast purely arabic hehehe.....paguwi ko siguro sa pinas I'll buy some and bring it here.....

I do read books, mostly fictional
My favorite author is Neil Gaiman, Joe Hill and Ismail Kadare
I'm currently reading "The Wind-up Bird Chronicles" by Haruki Murakami

reading 101 REYKJAVIK...keeps me laughing, an insane reality.

mitch albom, paulo coelho.. real drama and life changing.. dan brown din, kaso disappointed aq sa lost symbol

reading DIGGING TO AMERICA...  8)

mitch albom & paolo coehlo for light reading
right now im reading - for one more day by mitch.

and
1)Rule#1 by Phil Town - stocks trading and investing
2)The Snowball: Warren Buffet and the Business of Life

I easily get bored reading these books, but I need to read em books to know more about investing and trading..

bob ong and francis kong books..  :)

I just finished "House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski... galing @_@

and for some reason, it made me want to read about Cthulhu stories >:)

Try nyo pong basahin ang Secret Sacrament by Sherryl Jordan

"Born the son of a wealthy merchant-mariner, Gabriel is to take over his father's thriving business one day. But when he witnesses a brutal act committed against a Shinali women, he is inextricably bound to a different destiny. Highly intuitive by nature, Gabriel is a born healer, a vocation he pursues despite his father's demands. His gift as a healer is finally legitimized when he is accepted into the Citadel, the most esteemed institution in the land. He is soon in league with the powerful of the empire, including Empress Petra herself, who comes to rely on his ability to interpret dreams. In gaining her favor, he makes powerful enemies and witnesses firsthand the corruption that is weakening the empire, rotting it from the inside out. Soon, he will be called upon to make a choice --- a choice that will threaten Navora, his beloved Shinali, and his very life. Who will prevail?"

Tapos ang sequel nya po ay The Time of Eagle by Sherryl Jordan

"I was the first child born to a hunted people, in the first winter of their flight. My earliest memory is of being carried on my mother's hip across barren plains, with wild mountains all around, and of rough tents made of skins stretched across sticks planted in the dust, of hunger and thirst and a feeling I did not like or understand, but which I know now was the fear that shadowed my people, as a wolf shadows a wounded deer.

Avala dreams of becoming a healer, but her dreams are not the same as her destiny. Hers is a mighty but lonely fate, for she is the chosen one—the one who will bring the Time of the Eagle, when the hunted will become the hunters and win back their freedom. It is a destiny that requires the spirit of a warrior and the heart of a healer. But does Avala have the courage to set the Eagle on its flight?

In this epic story about a girl born to greatness, Sherryl Jordan tells an unforgettable tale of destiny, betrayal, and the power of love and faith. "

finished reading : MOBIUS DICK, THE BROKER AND CURRENTLY READING BLEACHERS

currently reading anansi boys... ang galing nung pagkaka-narrate... witty and funny

lately I am into books regarding Percy Jackson, but I havent finished the last 3 books yet.