lalo na pag nakatira ka sa manila, tapos sapat lang ang sinusweldo mo
pero ang gastos ng pamasahe mo
tas nagbabayad ka pa utang
tas baon ka pa sa utang sa credit card
haaaay nganga :v

Quote from: toperyo on June 10, 2014, 01:19:26 PM
back to this thread, I usually save at least 40-50% of my allowance
nice.

I noticed no, that the whole food blog/instagram culture has encourage college kids and younger professionals to spend more these days. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with it but young people are taking the impression that eating out everyday or every other day should be a common habit because of social media. This is probably the reason why more high end restaurants have been popping up as of late, to the point that a P400 meal is "normal".

It's really none of my business how they spend their money, just an observation.

Ako I save 30% of my income. Hindi maiiwasan gumastos minsan since you have to socialize a lot during your 20's. But for all other things I have pretty much live on a college student's budget. P100 Haircut, 50 peso lunch at the Carinderia, commuting etc.

Luho ko lang talaga ay books (which are from Booksale lang), grocery items (mostly imported) and my weekly tennis. I buy branded stuff din like clothes from Brooks Brothers or Ralph Lauren but this is like once every 5 months.

Quote from: equestrian on June 11, 2014, 12:28:49 AM
I noticed no, that the whole food blog/instagram culture has encourage college kids and younger professionals to spend more these days. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with it but young people are taking the impression that eating out everyday or every other day should be a common habit because of social media. This is probably the reason why more high end restaurants have been popping up as of late, to the point that a P400 meal is "normal".

It's really none of my business how they spend their money, just an observation.

Ako I save 30% of my income. Hindi maiiwasan gumastos minsan since you have to socialize a lot during your 20's. But for all other things I have pretty much live on a college student's budget. P100 Haircut, 50 peso lunch at the Carinderia, commuting etc.

Luho ko lang talaga ay books (which are from Booksale lang), grocery items (mostly imported) and my weekly tennis. I buy branded stuff din like clothes from Brooks Brothers or Ralph Lauren but this is like once every 5 months.
Wow, ayos yan. Akin ok lang naman ang magkaroon ng luho eh. Bilang nagtatrabaho ka na, dapat meron talagang time para i-reward ang sarili natin. San ka naglalaro ng tennis?

Iba iba talaga depende kung sino kalaro ko. Minsan sa Rizal, minsan sa UP, minsan sa Meralco haha. Kaw?

hindi pa ako nakakapaglaro ng badminton. Pero may plano ako.
Nagta-try kasi ako ng iba't-ibang sports. Frustration ko kasi nung kabataan ko. hahaha

today.. my current savings is around several hundred thousands na lang.. Unlike before na millions..

whatever you earn (allowance, revenue, payroll/salary), take out your savings first before you budget. that should address all of your problems in savings.

Nasira ang aking way of savings sa dami ng gastos. Hahaha. Hirap ng may pinag-aaral. Haaays

Someone told me about 70-30 savings tip. Let say you have 100. Keep the 30 pesos of your 100, that's your savings. Always put in mind, kahit sa budgeting mo na 70 lang talaga pera mo. Hindi pwede na budget ka muna, tapos kung magkano lang yung sobra, yun lag savings mo kasi di ka talaga makakaipon nyan. Lagi mo unahin mag keep ng specific amount para savings mo, tapos kung magkano yung sobra, yun ang ibudget mo :)

^ exactly. pero in real world medyo mahirap ang 70-30. kahit 90-10 pwede na!

INCOME - SAVINGS = BUDGET

Heheheheh, ou nga naman, pero that's where the Art of Discipline come out. I read this post, http://www.loansolutions.ph/moneywise/money-saving-tips-the-art-of-discipline/ ganda ng point of view ng writer nato :)

lol! 86-14 ang gingawa ko for several years na. ang gastos ko is yung 14%. savings na yung  the rest.

Already revised my Cash Flow program to-date based on my compensation and I find it weird coz' i only have almost 10% free money but still I can managed to spend beyond that 10% without having shortage.