wearing IMITATIONS: what is your first impression....

Started by vittoluis, May 03, 2012, 02:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
What is your first impression to those people who wear clothes, shoes and bags that are obviously immitations but looks good somehow to them...?

wala because it's just a name and bilib pa ko if they pull it better than others who are wearing the authentic stuff. BUT it's different from those people who wear knock-offs and pretend ,to say the least, they're wearing legit... worst is they flaunt the knock-off brand as authentic. what irritates me is those legit brands who copy designer pieces but still charge an arm and leg for example diesel is fond of ripping off rick owens.
buti pa H&M and Forever 21, they get inspirations from designers then sell it in affordable price.

honestly i sometimes wanted to wear some of those coz it's cheap and some are really cool. it's just that im not really the type of person who would wear immitations. i'd rather buy local brands like bench, oxygen, f&h etc... maybe one of the reasons why i dont wear immitations is beacuse i dont want others to question the clothes or accessories that im wearing whether it's authentic or not. as of now, that's how they know me... but i really adore some of those immitations, you would definitely recognize that it's not original... but i still find it stylish... the way how they made the shoes or bags or clothes... :)

I'm not really a proponent for wearing items that flaunt the brand too much.

I prefer the style and fit speak for themselves. Yung tipong, "uy san kaya nya nakuha yung suot nya", more than "orig kaya yun?" Or tipong you'll only be able to guess the brand after closer inspection. With that, I bon't buy a lot of items from the regular mall brands because people will be able to guess right away where I got them unless it's exceptional. So I mix high end, highstreet and lower end items. Example: Tag watch, Uniqlo Jeans, P250 artsy tshirt from Landmark Dept Store, Cole Haan brogues--Nobody will be able to guess what brands I'm wearing from 5 feet away.

So if I see a walking billboard of brands, whether real or fake, I just don't mind. I can disagree with their choices without having to judge, ridicule, or allow myself to get affected. Kapag ganun, NR lang ako. Pero if I see someone with excellent style choices, I take a moment to observe and admire :)

i just remember my stint when i was still in the university where my mom cut-off my allowance coz they found out i'm selling designer stuff that i got dirt cheap ;) from polo shirts and jeans to the ever popular boat shoes. my only requirement from my suppliers is don't... DON'T ever ever ever sell me counterfeit stuff. let's just say my school can detect knock-offs.

one time a high school barkada offered his new 'contraband' of new designer jeans where it so new that no official store yet has opened locally except for those gray marketeers from greenhills. in short, it's really hard to tell without reference.... and it tarnished my business, it turns out it was a class AAA knock-off. as a good businessman i returned the money from a classmate who bought it and known for good taste on clothes whom eventually able to compare it during his short trips @ SG and HK.

my biggest problem was my credibility was damaged and it was hard for me to sell products again. about my barkada... barkada pa rin kami, it's all business pero NEVER na kong kumuha ng product sa kanya and una't huling partnership na  namin. tsk hirapan rin akong bawiin yung pera sa kanya grrrr

i'd rather wear cheap brands or no brands at all than wearing imitations... nakakasira ng image eh... hehehe

Sinisira mo ang business ng original seller ng damit. Maraming paraan para maka-avail ng damit, hindi dahilan ang walang pera/kapos, cheers!

Quote from: Syndicate on May 07, 2012, 09:10:33 PM
Sinisira mo ang business ng original seller ng damit. Maraming paraan para maka-avail ng damit, hindi dahilan ang walang pera/kapos, cheers!

-tama. its not na choosey or anything but imitations are really illegal. may batas tayo dyan but i'm thinking how it is being enforced.

^ TAMA! i despise people who wear knock-offs. intellectual property yun and these people who do patronize those who copy stuff. you just let them grow their "fake" business.

dont believe in the saying "fake it til you make it". You will never make it.

Mas magandang tanungin ung makakakita sayo na suot mo ung item na un tapos magugulat silang imitation lang pala yun.

For my opinion...
I don't want to be define by clothes, shoes or what fashion sense that is trending right now.
I more focus on how can I deliver myself and show to others what kind of a person I am.

I you are wearing cheap clothes its fine... Nabili din ako sa ukay-ukay and even baratilyo stores
It goes to show that you are capable of handling money to a more specific and possible way of showing you are responsible.
;)

God Bless everyone

I don't think it would hurt GUESS or GIORDANO or any famous clothing line if you wear imitations. They don't care, really. As long as their business is up and cash flow is smooth, they don't care who wears what.