FAVORITE VERSES, QUOTATIONS, ETC.

Started by jelo kid, May 26, 2012, 08:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

""To be sensual, I think, is to respect and rejoice in the force of life, of life itself, and to be present in all that one does, from the effort of loving to the making of bread.""
~ James Arthur Baldwin ~

Give thanks to the LORD, for HE is good.
HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER
-Psalm 136:1

‎"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is.". --- Sister Joan Chittister, Catholic Nun

CAL TAL PAL..
code a little,
test a little,
pray a lot!

ang taong nag papakataas ay syang ibinababa at ang taong nag papababa ang syang itinataas.

"Safety is the enemy of greatness..." ~ Rajo Laurel

"To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition..." ~ Samuel Johnson

at some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life

"I like to look at things realistically – and with that realism comes pessimism. Man is dark. You feel the darkness inside your soul all the time and you feel the potential for evil."
Turkish director Nuri Bilge Ceylan, Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

"Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter."

Euripides said, "When love is in excess, it brings a man no honor nor worthiness."

Psalm 131
1O LORD, I am not proud; *
     I have no haughty looks.
2I do not occupy myself with great matters, *
     or with things that are too hard for me.
3But I still my soul and make it quiet,
     like a child upon its mother's breast; *
     my soul is quieted within me.
4O Israel, wait upon the LORD, *
     from this time forth for evermore.

"Marriage is a contract. Love is non-negotiable."
― Jessica Zafra, Chicken Pox for the Soul

We Must Forgive Others?
James MacDonald

Forgiveness is a decision I'm making. In Matthew 6:14–15 Jesus said, "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But, [don't miss this] if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

Now, sometimes a passage of Scripture seems complicated as soon as you read it. That's not the case when we realize what Matthew 6:14–15 says. Jesus' words are stunningly clear. Read them again above.

Do you get it? I mean, those are pretty serious verses, right? Not hard to understand—just hard to undertake. You read them and think, "That's gonna leave a mark! I'm going to have to look again at how forgiving I am." That's nothing you want to be messing around about, or sort-of getting it right. The verses aren't complicated—but they will definitely complicate your life if you are an un-forgiving person!

Quote from: Skye515 on October 02, 2012, 12:59:10 PM
"Safety is the enemy of greatness..." ~ Rajo Laurel

I know this! haha. Narinig ko na sinabi niya to sa isang episocde ng PRP3 lol. :PP