FAVORITE VERSES, QUOTATIONS, ETC.

Started by jelo kid, May 26, 2012, 08:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I thank God everytime I remember you.

-Philippians 1:3

Romans 13 .. 13Let us walk becomingly, as in the day; not in revelling and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and jealousy. 14But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to `fulfil' the lusts `thereof'.

Quote from: jelo kid on April 17, 2013, 07:22:25 AM
Watch your thoughts for they become words.
Watch your words for they become actions.
Watch your actions for they become habits..

daing sabihin nito hirap gawin...we all fall short

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders, make the most of every opportunity.
- Colossians 4:6

"I just thought to my self, all of a sudden, that we had something in common. A natural chemistry, if you will. And I had a feeling that something big was going to happen. To both of us. That we were, in fact, meant to be together."
― Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby

"She fell, she hurt, she felt. She lived. And for all the tumble of her experiences, she still had hope. Maybe this next time would do the trick. Or maybe not. But unless you stepped into the game, you would never know."
― Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby

"I was always attracted not by some quantifiable, external beauty, but by something deep down, something absolute. Just as some people have a secret love for rainstorms, earthquakes, or blackouts, I liked that certain undefinable something directed my way by members of the opposite sex. For want of a better word, call it magnetism. Like it or not, it's a kind of power that snares people and reels them in."
― Haruki Murakami, South of the Border, West of the Sun

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
-2 Thessalonians 3:3

Time waits for no one. --The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

"The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them -- words shrink things that seemed limitless when they were in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie too close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a tellar but for want of an understanding ear."
― Stephen King, Different Seasons

The grace of the Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Jesus Christ.
-1 Timothy 1:14

Dear Dad

These words are being written and spoken because my heart and soul feel broken. I laugh to keep from cryin, but I still haven't healed after all of my years of my goofiness and jokin. You got me open, open and hopin this ill feeling will pass, won't last. I wear a mask. That I keep on and ask for the truth. Truthfully, speakin the truth hurts. But, I mean, I'm beyond hurtin, I'm feelin pain. But, when I a shorty I thought you left me cause I wouldn't behave. Later on in life I found out that it was that as well as other things. And with all the pain and other things. After all of the scars it was hard but I learned to forgive and forgave. I forgave you despite the fights and tears after all these years lost wondering if I was loved. Sometimes all I needed was a call and a hug. I mean, I understand that people break up and don't make up and some relationships don't last forever. But, why weren't we together? Ma could've found a new man but why was I gone find a new Dad? Lookin back I was a beggin and pleadin my case cause I felt like I didn't matter, like I was deleted in race. I used to cry, and still cry, so much I get headaches. I try to control my mind but I can't control my face. I see you every time I see me and I can't do nothing but ask God to bless me because my love is amputated. My life is complicated. My family became dysfunctional. Dad, I remember when you pushed Mom and she broke her ankle. And I was sittin there thinking, "How could you do this to such a beautiful angel?" I remember Mom waking us up in the middle of the night sayin, "Sshhh, Jimmy put some clothes in the Jules bag, we goin to Grandma's and if your father come up to the school, don't tell him where we'll be." I remember spending Christmas playin with my stretch Armstrong thinking, "Man, this ain't my house. How did Santa Claus find me?" But the little boy in me still wants Daddy badly. I feel like a scared little boy afraid to become a man when I think I'm ready. I wonder if you notice your baby boy done showed the air of the millions to see on HBO and that hard ass New York crowd that didn't even know; actually David and Stanley know. I wonder if you know. I know you're proud. Cause I'mma be the best, just like you wanted to be. I want you to see. And just in case you can't, I'mma scream it so loud that I shake the clouds. And move 'em out the way of my sunshine. Cause that's what you are Dad. James Ivy Richards, can you hear me? YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE! That's why I forgave you. And my love for you is still the same. It may have gone through a transformation but it never really changed. So I swear, on my Momma and on my name, I'mma stop this rain, conquer this pain, make sure that you did not die in vain. And when I get to heaven, when I get to heaven, I'mma jump in your arms. We gone kick back like when I was little, and watch the Bears game.