10 item wardrobe

Started by hiei, June 27, 2012, 06:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
i just want to share the topic that went over dinner with my cousins whom are in college and some have just joined the workforce. it's about the essentials that you really need to complete a very modest wardrobe. price? is very relative but we kept in minimum since most of the lucky basterds are still with their weekly allowance. having a job doesn't quite work that well either with the very meager start-up salary.

i assume everyone knows the basics... fit comes first before anything else. so, what's your 10 item wardrobe suited for the working class and on student budget.

1. light grey t-shirt from 21men
2. dark grey t-shirt from 21men
3. white long sleeves from uniqlo
4. navy gingham/check long sleeves from uniqlo
5. red poplin/madras/bigger plaid long sleeves from zara
6. blue poplin/madras/bigger plaid long sleeves from zara
7. khaki club shorts from uniqlo
8. white converse chucks
9. khaki/chino pants from uniqlo
10. raw selvedge jeans from uniqlo

about my list everything goes well with each other and  you don't have to worry about mixing and matching the ensemble:) as i have mentioned price is relative, if its too much you can easily have cheaper alternative from bench for example they used to have raw selvedge jeans that went on sale for P400.. walang pumansin except for few who know what constitutes to denim quality. kaya you can do the same thing if you can find similar pieces from other local brands. just remember fit then fabric... price and lastly brand.

wow.. thanks hiei! I'll definitely look for those sometime.. I've been thinking off cleaning my closet since my clothes are so out already and most of them don't fit me anymore.. too loose.. LOL

we're assuming these 10 items do not include shoes and accessories, right?

I agree with a lot of these items, hiei. I would probably have patterned / plain shirts at a 50/50 ratio; i learned that i have too much plaid and madras and im unable to fully utilize them compared with solid poplins.

I would make room for:
- a nice tailored jacket that works with chinos or jeans, dressed up or down.
- a chambray shirt
- a good pique polo shirt (black, heather gray, navy or white)

klutz,
you're welcome.. you can still try salvaging those baggy/loose clothing by having a tailor alter it to your preferred fit.

johnny denim,
i included footwear and told my cousins can't beat chucks where it inspired great labels and even lucas ossendrijver  made it thru his designs for slimane era dior homme and lanvin.
that's a great list for makati yuppies esp the jacket which took me a minute to think if i'm going to add it instead of the club shorts. it just struck me that i'm fond wearing shorts in school and even work if i need to monitor projects on weekends.
btw do you find chambray appropriate to pinas humidity? i can't forget the first time i wore mine 4 years ago even if its the cooler months of february it still feels muggy wearing my chambray. and these are the lighter fabrics and not the stiffer workwear.

ah if the 10-item list includes shoes, I would totally throw in a tan brogue (with extra contrast laces). I would rock them with shorts. Or siguro if not brogues, those suede tassel loafers similar to D&G SS 2012 because they work with shorts, chinos and denim.

I choose light chambray lang and I'm quite fine with them. Madali din kasi i-dress up or down.

Tapos sa jacket, i have a couple of reversible jackets, sulit din. ok for travel para travel light, and 2 in 1 na. Zara I think carried a few in previous collections. Which btw, today pala yung start ng sale ng Zara yey!

i just realized.. i'm not yet included in the working class haha... but still.. googled some of the items and i would have to say they are worth saving up for hehe