Is it natural for men to be vain?

Started by jorelle, March 22, 2009, 11:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Eto ang mas malalang resulta ng statement ni kua kiks on the effect of media sa kagwapuhan

Beauty becomes a prison regardless of being a member of the minority gender, female or male, regardless of social class in the society. It imprisons the society of diffracted views of beauty. And consequently imprisons the selves of many people. It is done so because beauty becomes a requisite in attaining social acceptance (personal lives) and in the ascendancy to work. This was done so because the media could have dictated the definitions of beauty. Hence the society encapsulated the definition of beauty and modifies the perception of men. It becomes a hindrance to most men because they cannot access the things that they need like personal satisfaction and work.

Quote from: jorelle on March 23, 2009, 09:13:10 PM
Beauty becomes a prison regardless of being a member of the minority gender, female or male, regardless of social class in the society. It imprisons the society of diffracted views of beauty. And consequently imprisons the selves of many people. It is done so because beauty becomes a requisite in attaining social acceptance (personal lives) and in the ascendancy to work. This was done so because the media could have dictated the definitions of beauty. Hence the society encapsulated the definition of beauty and modifies the perception of men. It becomes a hindrance to most men because they cannot access the things that they need like personal satisfaction and work.

ang lungkot nito... parang pag di mo kasi nameet yung standards ng society of how beautiful/handsome appears to them eh pintas ang abot mo..

pero, like, sa showbiz kasi requirement ang maging pleasing to the eyes... ang hirap naman nun. wala namang perpekto eh.. hay nako.... parang nahihirapan akong huminga ngayon pa lang... ewan ko na

i must say its the sad reality

pano kung mahirap ka na nga tas panget ka pa san ka nalang pupulutin? sa kangkungan?

nakoo bakit ba manong ang tawag niyo sakin grabe iexterminate na ang nagpauso nito

Quote from: Ultraman Pao on March 23, 2009, 09:57:35 PM
Quote from: jorelle on March 23, 2009, 09:42:44 PM
nakoo bakit ba manong ang tawag niyo sakin grabe iexterminate na ang nagpauso nito

OT:
wala na akong sasabihin.. wala na akong kasalanan kung yan ang tawag nila sayo..
basta sa akin ikaw lang naman ang tinatawag kong manong.. wala naman akong ibig sabihin
dun, na matanda ko or kahit ano.

kung naiinis na kayo sa akin then wala na akong sasabihin para wala nang gulo.
magulo na ang mundo ko at ayoko na gumulo lalo.. peace be with you all.

OT too.

nakoo pao ang drama mo. ayos na nga ako sabi ko sa isang post. im cool. today is a brand new day and lets make peace not war.

mejo nagpantig lang kasi tenga ko kahapon kaya ayun pero now its all ok.
Ok IDOL kaya bati na tayo ah hahaha

TO ALL pede bang si IDOL PAO lang po tumawag sakin ng manong? kung pede lang po sana haha

Quote from: jorelle on March 23, 2009, 09:22:45 PM
i must say its the sad reality

pano kung mahirap ka na nga tas panget ka pa san ka nalang pupulutin? sa kangkungan?

if you have brains, you can reach heights!

i must say thats also true but appearance really do counts haha

Quote from: jorelle on March 23, 2009, 08:55:00 PM
Quote from: Francis-J. on March 23, 2009, 08:18:31 PM
my opinion is,
media has a lot to do with this.
advertisements.
celebrities.
magaling silang mgcreate ng demand for
any product.
in this case, mga products na pamporma.
pampagwapo.
malaki influence nila on the people.

and tingin ko din, men being vain, is just a way
of keeping up with the changing times.
as time pass kase, naiiba ung mga standards ng tao.
nag eevolve ang fashion
what looked good before, di na ngayon.
more and better products na pampaganda or pampagwapo
ang naglalabasan.
naisip ko lang,
kung pwede na magdala ng vain na tao from any earlier
period, say 90's, dito sa 2009, macoconsider ba syang
vain by our generation's standards?
malamang mas tatawagin syang
baduy kesa vain.
hehe.
just my two cents. ;)

As i would quote in our own research

""Women are supposed to be the fairer sex, but Asian men are spending a lot of time and money on their looks. Why? Because the girls like them that way" (Ling Liu, 2005). This denotes that the sector of the society, especially women dictated that men should act in such manner. Women made a communal agreement, subconsciously that they should see their men in such way (Ling Liu, 2005). This is maybe a very contentious idea because both sexes (male and female) may squabble and oppose the argument. But putting into context the idea of females being a stronger sex may really answer queries. However, this notion or idea will stir up other questions that may make the idea of Ling Liu litigious. Such questions may include: What is beauty in men? How do we qualify what is beautiful and what is not? Is beauty in all its facets actually debatable or arguable? Does the society differ in a myriad of grounds and that we also differ in defining such concept? (Robles et al, 2009)

It only goes to show that how men act today is a result of women's actions and conditions.

i just realized that while men are dominant. a female tool which is cosmetics has lured men to act in a manner where women are superior. haha

yes true to its sense. bottomline, it is the men in society who need to please the female counterparts to actually win them over. Maybe... the end goal is to procreate. Men can only win their heart if they are noticed - to get noticed, appearance serves a big chunk. isnt it?

Quote from: jorelle on March 23, 2009, 10:53:53 PM
i must say thats also true but appearance really do counts haha

of course it will count!
the only point here is that its neither the end of the world nor being fetched in a kangkungan if you dont have the "acceptable" appearance or money for that matter.

ninonose bleed ako kay kuya angelo. btw i have never got the chace to thank you for becoming one of our key informant sa research namin, same as to kuya marfz and kuya jon hahaha :P. as a proof eto oh

Furthermore, many thanks are extended to the following men from the different social class: The upper class; Mr. Loreto Arenas, Atty. Richard Clarin and Rep. Robbie Puno: The upper middle class; Mr. John Cundangan, Professor James Saguinsin and Mr. Angelo: The lower middle class; Mr. Jon Aguilar, Mr. Djaindhel Catre, Mr. Christian (secret surname haha) and Mr. John Michael Vergara: The upper working class; Mr. Rommel Gineta, Glenn Del Rosario and Mr. Marvin Piano: The lower working class; Mr. Verly Alviar, Mr. Clifford De Dios and Mr. Nelson Supan: The underclass; Mr. Danny Balbayan, Mr. Reynaldo Dizen and Mr. Marco Reyes.

ayaw mo kasi sabihin po surname mo eh haha

you are welcome. as ive said before, i hope the inputs were indeed helpful.

may mga comments lang sana ako pero huwag na lang. anyway tapos na ang thesis. laya na!

@ jorelle

no prob.. ok lang un..

pero favor naman paki edit un post pakitanggal na lang un surname ko sa post mo.. grabe parang nun friday lang tinatanong nila JL at kuya kiko un buong pangalan ko.. so ayun.. pa-edit na lang jorelle.. thanks!  ;)

^ yes we do not have to name names. AMEN to that.

Is dyeing my hair golden brown considered vain? Kasi kakadye ko lng nun sunday. Dami tuloy tingin sakin na chicks  :D

Quote from: ReCharge on March 24, 2009, 11:30:32 PM
Is dyeing my hair golden brown considered vain? Kasi kakadye ko lng nun sunday. Dami tuloy tingin sakin na chicks  :D

tingin naman!  ;D