i'm in Christ!

Started by toperyo, October 29, 2012, 12:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

random thought.. napagusapan namin si ctan.. few weeks ago..

I was raised up in a Christian family and was trained my entire elementary and high school life in a Born-Again sectarian Chinese school. I was the typical Sunday school kid who would be very excited in Bible quizzes, trivia, and everything related. I lived a life as though I learned much about being a Christian, thinking that all the essentials in life have been fed to me. But I thought wrong, so wrong. I also used to think that my worth as a person depends on my achievements in life, particularly at school. I was defined by the things that I accomplished, by how well I did in school, by the number of times I became an outstanding student and won in different competitions. I would work myself hard so I could be the number one in everything I got myself into and whenever I fail, I'd feel so worthless and meaningless. And then again, I thought wrong, so wrong.
All these beliefs, feelings, and drive persisted during my early childhood up to until the year 1994. It was my 13th birthday and we invited our church pastor to speak to us, a group of church-raised young people. That time, he asked one question which I would often hear being talked about in church and in our school. He asked all of us, "Do you know for sure that when you die today you would go to heaven?" At that point in time, during my birth-day, I felt like a dead man – someone who would not know where to go and someone who would keep on chasing pavements blindly. Then he expounded his topic more. At that moment, everything that coated what I learned at Sunday school and Bible classes at school regarding salvation were shattered. I forgot my boxed belief about God, my proud Christian feelings, and the deception of failure. I found myself alone in my room, kneeling before a great and sovereign God, crying like a child before his dad, seeing how unworthy I am of the grace of salvation He has been offering to me. On the night of my 13th birthday, I was not lucky. I was bestowed amazing grace.
When I came to have eternal life, I finally knew my worth. I realized I am more than my accomplishments, and that life is not about being knowledgeable about Christianity, not about winning in competitions and being number one. I discovered that joy and contentment can only be found in God and not on anything else. My security as a person is laid down before a glorious God. Now that I am enjoying eternal life and an intimate relationship with God, I still work hard to excel in the things that I do but this time, I am completely dependent on Him and my motivation is to please Him alone. Whether I'm number one or number 101, my joy is complete because my Lord completes me.

@ marvin

Tungkol saan? Haha

Quote from: ctan on April 05, 2013, 09:48:07 AM
@ marvin

Tungkol saan? Haha

Nagkita ksi kmi nila kilo and co. ayun napgusapn ang chcolates mo sa condo, ang work mo na hindi pala gnun 'kasaya' ang maging obgyne, etc.

^^chocolates...oooonh!