Do you think Cardinal Tagle can be the next head of the Catholic Church?

Started by sayonara, February 12, 2013, 05:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
With all the mess Joseph Ratzinger aka Benedict XVI brought upon the world last Feb 11, the issue of his successor is now up for debates. Our very own Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, appointed by the Pope to be Cardinal last November 2012, is said to be one of the leading contenders to be Ratzinger's heir.

The argument is: do you think Tagle's young age of 55 and 2-month Church official as Cardinal makes him a wary contender for Vatican's most coveted position? Or does his meek, gentle, and charismatic personality will charm his fellow red-capped elderly from around the world to make him Pope Whatever the Nth?

Sa ganayng tipo ng larangan ay age does matter. so that's a no....

Sa tingin ko, wala sa edad yun, kundi sa experience. Tulad ng trabaho, di porke mas matanda eh mas magaling. Mga top performer sa trabaho namin mga bata. Sana nga mas bata piliin nila. Nakikita ko kasi, parang hindrance na yung age nila to fulfill their duties and responsibilities. Hirap na kumilos at hirap pa magbasa. At sana rin pumili sila na di na taga Europe kasi ang liit ng % ng mga Catholics dun. Ibig sabihin, di sila effective(opinion ko lng to). Dapat sa mga bansang may malaking % at lumalaki pa sila pumili kasi they are doing well para e spread ang Christianismo.

bigla kong naisip.. Could it be merong nadiskubre ang Pope na isang malaking kasinungalingan (iniisip ang DaVinci Code) at di nya matanggap na kasabwat na pala siya dito. Dahil di kaya ng concencya, nagresign nalang sya.

Actually mataas ang possibility na Tagle will be the next pope. Madaming cardinals, and even the pope himself like how he "takes care of the Church"... this was one of the arguments of my Priest Uncle... Fr. Dean John Paul (who was ordained during the Opus Dei). I do not know how Tagle really "takes care of the Church" but I think he can be the next pope (I'm not being biased because Tagle is a distant relative... mother side). If his fellow cardinals do like him and even the Pope then there would be a possibility for his name to be written... diba fellow cardinals din naman yung mag vote for the next Pope.

And what I know is that he has a different point of view than those of his fellow cardinals... a point of view where most arguments/questions can be answered...

kasi as far as read about the history of the Holy See, very rare ang mga Asian popes, mostly lahat nanggaling sa Europe (mainly because Christianity is founded in Europe). pero i think aside from Tagle (who, according to some, have very slim chances), the Cardinal of New York is a leading contender.

of course di naman nating puwedeng sabihin na may racism sa loob ng Holy See, pero halos lahat talaga since the beginning of the Catholic Church, Europeans/Caucasians ang madalas nahihirang na Pope.

dahil Philippines is the only christian dominated country in south east asia?

^ i think kuya marv buong asia ata? correct me if i'm wrong OP. btw i love your topics. napaka philosophical.  :)

i ship a korean pope! haha yung tipong hunk para di ibabash!  :P :P

^speaking of the white which, parang oo nga.. buddist majoris ang karamihan sa asia.

^naku yung mga ganyan samin. sobra! kahit sinabi mong kristiyano ka, di pa rin! kailangan mo pa rin mag ritwal sa temple nila haha. mga shrines  :P :P

Nandun yung pagiging subjective ko with regard to this because I am Pinoy. We have now our 2nd Saint and sana magkaroon na rin ng Filipino Pope. Pero kung hindi, eh chill lang! Kahit mapasama lang siya sa pagpipilian, masaya na ako. ;D