What age did you start shaving......

Started by ๑۞๑BLITZ๑۞๑, April 05, 2009, 09:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I started shaving in 1st year college. i was forced to by ROTC. and up to now, i really don't know any rituals in shaving. i never tried shaving cream or something. All i do is shave using disposable razors, and thats it.

can someone share the dos and donts in shaving? or at least link an article?

one direction lang - ewan ko kung ano talaga bearing pero yun sabi nung barber dati.

here's an article about shaving technique:

Razor burn, ingrown hair, and cuts are daily realities for most men who shave. The face is a delicate area and it only takes a little irritation to leave you feeling frustrated. For men, shaving is a ritual they do before presenting themselves to the world every day. If you put a little extra effort into your daily shave, you can have a clean looking and well cared for appearance.

The first thing you should do is go out and buy a good moisturizer for yourself. Most men think moisturizer is only for women. This simply isn't true. Shaving with a blade can take up to two layers of skin off each time you shave. Your face loses essential moisture that keeps your skin in its best condition. There are a variety of moisturizers available. Try and choose something with natural soothers such as aloe or vitamin E.

Typically men shave in the morning. The very best time to do so is right after a hot shower. The hot water from your shower will open your pores, and causes the hair shaft to swell. If you aren't going to shower before you shave, use a washcloth dunked in hot water. Lay it across the area you are going to shave for two minutes. This will have the same effect as the hot shower. This also helps to stimulate the oil glands in your skin, giving it some extra protection during shaving. Don't forget to exfoliate. This removes the dead skin cells from your face, allowing a closer shave.

The next thing you will do is apply your shaving cream. Try to find a brand that contains aloe. Aloe will help sooth your skin while shaving. Apply cream with a good shaving cream brush or with your fingertips. Rub onto face in a circular motion. Be sure to cover all areas well and let the cream set on your face for two minutes. This will also help the hair shaft draw in more moisture. Keep in mind that moist hair is 70 percent easier to cut than dry hair.

Make sure you have a sharp blade. If your blade is dull you may press harder while shaving, causing unnecessary damage to your skin. Dull blades also tend to be full of nicks, which scrap and pinch your skin as you shave.

Don't shave against the hair growth. Shave in the same direction as hair grows. Shaving against the hair growth tends to cause painful in-grown hairs. When you shave against the hair growth, you tend to use more force, causing more nicks and overall skin irritation. Remember to rinse your razor often, and take your time.

Start on the sides of your face, near you sideburns and your cheek area. Save the mustache and lower chin area for last. The hair in this area tends to be thicker. By doing it last, you give it a little extra time to absorb moisture from your shaving cream.

For shaving the underside of your chin and your neck, pull the skin taunt as you go. This will give you a closer shave. Remember to be extra gentle in these areas; the skin is looser and more apt to get nicked by your razor blade.

When you are finished, wipe away excess cream gently and splash your face with cold water. This helps close your pores and it refreshes your skin. If you use an after-shave, avoid products containing menthol or alcohol type ingredients. Though they feel refreshing, they will dry out your skin. Try to find an aftershave that moisturizes and has a disinfectant ingredient.

Clean your shaving equipment when you are finished. Hang the razor to air dry.

This process should leave you with a nice close shave and soft healthy skin.

another link from msnbc:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6886845/

......parang college na or after college ba un? I can't remember..... :D

ako 15. required kasi noon dahil nag COCC ako, and medyo makapal na din around that time

bata pa mga 5 gusto ko kasing magkabigote nun 8)

ngayong college lang ako...

required kase eh...

chechek lagi ng grooming mga prof sa school..

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guys.. This is my first posting... Just want to let  you know that I am happy to discover this site. Very informative, and its nice to know and learn your ideas on different topics....
Hope you'll count me in..

As for the topic, i started shaving in college. 2nd year i think.

ako bago mag 1st year college ata, klaro na kasi, no choice. gifted kasi ako ng maraming balbon eh.