The Leaky Cauldron ~A Harry Potter Fan Thread~

Started by sayonara, March 11, 2013, 07:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: sayonara on March 14, 2013, 01:05:16 PM

still, i ain't gonna be a fan of fifty shades trilogy. but perks, i am a fan. that book is perfection

PERKS! <3 One of my favorite books <3 I sooooo can relate to Charlie! And it's a good thing that Chbosky made a movie that still has the same (almost) plot as the book.

Chbosky reminds me of John Green, who is also a great writer.

Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on March 14, 2013, 01:08:55 PM
LOL in the naruto keme. and the fact that the 2 have their very own first kiss from each other. its all about the gay battle.. really.

Sa tingin ko ang last episode ng Naruto, Sasuke and Naruto will marry each each other, siguro inaantay lang ng writers nila ang same sex marriage. lol.

HG, My favorite HG books is the first one. (I cried when Rue died.) Siguro, because this book (and the second one) has more action... well for me I guess. (Pero on the third book, I cried when Prim died... and it's because of Gale #SpoilerAlert) KUDOS to S. Collins for writing Hunger Games (one of the most action thrilling books, and yes! it's better than the fight scenes of twilight! lol) The trilogy makes people aware of the corruption, and other shit of the government... GOVERNMENT, BEWARE! lol.

^one thing about perks, i felt it is unfinished, or if it isn't, it's very spontaneous. i mean, what happened to Charlie's friend? since the beginning i'm anticipating who is "that" friend, so when i finished the book i just felt bummed. that aside, chbosky is genius for crafting this piece. and i expected you're the Charlie type. haha

the thing about Collins is her dynamism, her reliance to the reader's perception on how are we gonna accept the things presented in the book. unlike JK, Meyer who lay the details flat out, you as a reader just have to eat it and digest it. the last time i felt like this was when i finished anne rice's interview with the vampire. anne rice made it in a way that it's all up to you whether you're Daniel or Louis. very revolutionary

i wanna read stephen king's Carrie. sucker for SK horrors right now. 

Quote from: sayonara on March 18, 2013, 11:47:12 AM
^one thing about perks, i felt it is unfinished, or if it isn't, it's very spontaneous. i mean, what happened to Charlie's friend? since the beginning i'm anticipating who is "that" friend, so when i finished the book i just felt bummed. that aside, chbosky is genius for crafting this piece. and i expected you're the Charlie type. haha

I'm thinking that "friend" is supposed to be the actual reader, that Charlie thought you as a reader would listen to his words, that you would understand his rants, and you would know how he feels. I think that's how Chbosky would want the reader to feel.

After I read the book, I realized that in some way I feel that I'm like Charlie, but also we're different. We're both troubled but of different (and partly the same) reasons.

hmm, but i developed in my mind a certain figure of who that friend is, and so not abstractly me. i guess i'm being more of a rational reader, cause i read perks after Kazantzakis' Last Temptation of Christ. that makes sense haha

^ I don't know that book. >..< The readers of perks have different point of views. I think that's one of the many things Chbosky would like the readers to have.

Anywho, do you have a pottermore account? I have on but unfortunately I forgot my username, I think it's wolf --- somethingsomething lol. I've made a new one here's mine: IcePhoenix3137

@sayonara and @superosmdummi
Mahal ko na kayong dalawa.

Alam mo yung pakiramdam na nakakita ka ng kakampi? Hahahaha. Dito pinaka-applicable yung "I can't even" na line because I srsly couldn't even.

HP. Perks. Percy. I actually have read the twilight books pero mostly skimming through it. It was good, I think. The movie, meh. But let us not talk about other books here.

I remember bawling at the cinema while Harry was burrying Dobby. I was not seeing the actual movie scene then. I was remembering the scene I had inside my head when I read that part. It was painful. Tangina sakit parin guys.
And Sirius' death. Fuck. Harry and Hermione's torture scenes under Umbridge and Bella (or was it Narcissa?) were also excruciating to read. Hayyy.
Remember when Kreacher made soup for them? That was really heart-melting. Haha.
I don't know but I never have invested so much in a book except Harry Potter.

So there, up!

Book 7 is my favorite: McGonagall v Snape is just  8) 8)

Have you tried yung Sorting Hat sa Pottermore? Or kahit yung Buzzfeed. Damn I can't get over the fact na Gryffindor ako - sa lahat ng quiz yun ah. I even created 4 accounts in Pottermore and then change my answers pero wala, Gryffindor talaga bagsak.

What's even more disappointing is the Patronus: Adder. Gawd.

When I was sorted back in 2010(?) ba yun o 2011, Gryffindor ako. Pero nitong huli Ravenclaw na. Di ko na rin maalala Patronus ko. Selective memory. Haha. Malamang hindi maganda kaya kinalimutan ko na.

Which reminds me, kelangan ko ulit yan basahin. Haha

^ wow buti ka pa nagbago. Sakin hindi talaga...through the years. It feels like the Sorting Hat is talking back saying I want to be sorted to Slytherin but I would be better suited to Gryffindor.

^At least with you, consistent. Feeling ko kasi with all the different companies I've been with in the past 10 years or so, maraming nabago sa akin personality-wise. Even yung sa mga personality tests ko, iba na yung results compared to the results before. But I'm digressing.
Remember when Amycus Carrow spat on Professor McGonagall's face and Harry got really triggerdt? Taena ang sarap at ang sakit ng scene na yun. Hahaha.

^wow napaka-plastic mo pala. lel. I mean yung plasticity very high. Ako, yeah more of the same. Have you tried the MBTI though? INTJ ako dun. Ang saaad kasi it's so true.

Quote from: jackxtwist on September 27, 2017, 11:41:50 PM
^wow napaka-plastic mo pala. lel. I mean yung plasticity very high. Ako, yeah more of the same. Have you tried the MBTI though? INTJ ako dun. Ang saaad kasi it's so true.

ENFJ daw ako sabi dun sa isang thread dito. Teka ano bang meron sa INTJ?

^mga adik at may sariling mundo ang mga INTJ. hahahaha

Quote from: jackxtwist on September 30, 2017, 02:40:05 PM
^mga adik at may sariling mundo ang mga INTJ. hahahaha

Or to put it differently and nicely, people who has a lot to say, stories to tell, and ideas to share.