Can't find dress pants that fit

Started by Mitch3, May 24, 2012, 06:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Once I reached middle age and my waist got that round bulge, I found that my pants always slipped down beneath my belly which then made the length and the seat really baggy.  Now I'm older and dieting and exercising but the pants still slip down but I guess my rear end got smaller because if I'm not careful they will fall right off.  I am not exagerating.  Would an old guy look silly wearing SLIM FIT dress pants? Any other suggestions?
Really old guy needs help.

Well thank god for Hugo Boss.  Went there this morning and found a great pair of slacks. Not really a slim fit but they sit on my hips which works great. 

I'm glad you found a good pair. I think that Hugo Boss proportions would be age-appropriate. Have you tried Massimo Dutti too?

On the question of slim fit dress pants, I think it's a per-case basis with older guys as much as it is for younger people. If it gives you a flattering silhouette (no unnecessary bulging or puckering) and the rest of your outfit is complementary, it will lend to a legitimate swagger regardless of age.

To be safe, just make sure the fit is tailored, not tight or baggy.

i have my dress pants/slacks tailored... sa murang halaga. saktong sakto ang fit. :)

Pants in general are better off tailored because body shapes are more prone to differ (like size of thighs, height, size of legs).

If I don't find anything that fits perfectly, I buy 1 size higher and have them cut down to my size.