5 fruits that you need to eat

Started by badboyjr, June 04, 2009, 11:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1. Papayas

"A papaya contains the enzyme papain, making it an excellent cleanser. It also helps revive blemished and undernourished skin. It is particularly good for oily skin and also lightens skin colour," says beauty expert Shahnaz Husain.

Use ripe papaya pulp as it is or mix with oatmeal, honey or curd and apply on your face for 10 minutes. Rinse off with cold water when dry.
Put a mix of papaya and cucumber pulp under the eyes to minimise dark circles.

2. Apples

"Apart from vitamins and minerals, apples also contain pectin and tannin that help tone and tighten the skin and improve blood circulation. Apples are specially effective for those with sensitive and fair skin," says natural beauty expert Suparna Trikha.

* To take care of sunburnt skin, add a teaspoon of glycerine to apple pulp (grate the apple or put in mixie) and apply on your face for fifteen minutes. Wash off with cold water.
* For tired and undernourished skin, mix two teaspoons of grated apple, two pieces of mashed papaya, one teaspoon of fresh cream and a teaspoon of China clay. Apply the mixture to a clean face and leave for 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water for healthy looking skin.

3. Bananas

"Fresh, ripe bananas make excellent face masks. Bananas don't only tighten and cleanse pores, they also revitalise dry skin," says Dr Shobha Sehgal, head of business, day spa and beauty zone, VLCC.

* Mash two ripe bananas with a tablespoon of honey. Smooth over the face and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with cold water to reveal soft, supple and hydrated skin.

4. Oranges

"The citrus family is best known for its astringent and toning properties. Rub fresh orange peel on your skin to tighten it and lighten the colour," says beauty expert Shahnaz Husain.

* Take the juice of two oranges and freeze it in an ice tray. Rub your face with the frozen orange juice cubes whenever you need to look good after a tiring day. The orange juice will give your tired, dull and oily face an instant pick-me-up sheen.

5. Pomegranates

"Pomegranates are excellent for oily and combination skin. Rich in AHA, pomegranate juice acts as an astringent and is a natural toner too," says Suparna Trikha.

* Pound pomegranate seeds and use as a face scrub. This will remove excess oil and make your skin look fresh.
* Using cottonwool, massage around 50 ml pomegranate juice on your face for 10 minutes. Wash off for an instant glow.

these are healthy fruits that we need to eat...

I'd go for, in no particular order, ripe mangoes and jackfuit, watermelon, atis and bananas.

Meron bang pomegranates sa pinas? Kung meron anong tagalog nun?

Quote from: Syndicate on December 13, 2013, 11:12:31 PM
alam ko wala.

saging at apple lang lagi nakakain ko...

I try as much to squeeze in one fruit a day every day..its been part of my diet for a couple of years now. It doesnt matter what kind but I try to stay away from fruits that contain high sugar like Mangoes.

pomelo ata sa tagalog. not sure.
pag ndi pomelo
SUHA.

Lagi ako kumakain nung mga fruits na  nabanggit, maliban sa Pomegrenate. Di ko nga alam kung nakakain na ako nun eh. hehehe

ang favorite fruit ko is "dragon fruit" sobrang sarap.
nakakadiri ang itsura pero . i love it.
very healthy pa /

Quote from: miggymontenegro on December 21, 2013, 06:04:48 PM
pomelo ata sa tagalog. not sure.
pag ndi pomelo
SUHA.
Nope, hinde pomelo or suha ang pomegranate. Sa US lang ko yun nakita.
Sa local market, absolutely wala. Kahit Rustans Fresh wala rin.
Mahirap rin maimport yun ng fresh dahil western fruit yun.
Sakali lang maimport pa yan, I'm sure magiging sobrang mahal. Kung yung Bing Cherries na $1.50/lb binebenta dito ng P500/kalahating kilo at hinde pa matamis.

EDIT: Saw from another website,
Chocolate covered pomegranate is sold at SNR.

If you are looking for herbal stuff for your face, you might want to check out Healthy Options. Note na mahal yun at hinde guaranteed yung effects.
Not endorsing that place though.

lol. natawa ako sa pomegranate = pomelo = suha. nice one! come to think of it, pwede. pero hindi. haha.

Meron, 'Granada' ang pangalan. May puno yung kapitbahay namin dati, parang puno ng bayabas ang itsura. Yellow-orange yung bunga. Pero di na ako nakakakita ng puno nito. Baka sa probinsya meron. Nagtataka nga ako e, alam ng nanay ko na 'Granada' ang Pomegranate. Meron daw silang puno dati sa probinsya nung bata pa sya.