What Vitamins are you taking? Or perhaps a food supplement?

Started by The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, June 18, 2009, 04:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i take vitamin c, ung plus rose hips from healthy options. tska ung supplement for the immune system, bovine colostrum.

Quote from: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on June 18, 2009, 06:37:46 PM
Many people are using that Fern-C bakit kaya.
sb ng opis m8 ko nkakAPUti ang fErn c kya tnry ku dn haha

......I'm not taking any since chubby na ako hehehe dapat nga magbawas hehehe

for general health - Multivitamins but not all the time
mainstays- Fern C- buffered kasi meaning it doesn't hurt your stomach
squib vitamin E- 200IU
Zinc- for prostate health(sexual health for men kasi) and immune system
Fish oils- for the heart and joints specially if you're an athlete
glutathione or sylimarin for the liver

from GNC

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on February 13, 2010, 11:48:01 AM
Quote from: luis on February 12, 2010, 06:24:26 AM
for general health - Multivitamins but not all the time
mainstays- Fern C- buffered kasi meaning it doesn't hurt your stomach
squib vitamin E- 200IU
Zinc- for prostate health(sexual health for men kasi) and immune system
Fish oils- for the heart and joints specially if you're an athlete
glutathione or sylimarin for the liver

sorry but i'd have to comment on milk thistle. silymarin is a double edge sword. You basically inhibit liver enzymes with that drug and it can work against you if you're prescribed meds.IF you get sick, please DO tell the doctor who's prescribing you meds that you're taking silymarin because it might affect on how the drugs works on you.

personally i've given them on our 30 loveable dead lab rats who we injected with a nice liver killer (ethionine). our results show that the silymarin cannot handle that substance..

I don't understand how fish oils can help the joints...

NIH Trials have shown that it is hepatoprotective
Liver enzyme inhibition studies are not conclusive
just be sure that the Physician is aware that you are taking it because there are some drug interactions
If you are currently being treated with any of the following medications, you should not use milk thistle without first talking to your healthcare provider.

Antipsychotics -- includes butyrophenones (such as haloperidol) and phenothiazines (such as chlorpromazine, fluphenazine, and promethazine)
Phenytoin(Dilantin) -- a medication used for seizures
Halothane -- a medication used during general anesthesia
Milk thistle may interfere with the following medications, because both milk thistle and these medications are broken down by the same liver enzymes:

Allergy drugs -- such as fexofenadine (Allegra)
Drugs for high cholesterol -- including statins such as lovastatin (Mevacor, Altocor)
Anti-anxiety drugs -- including alprazolam (Xanax), diazepam (Valium), and lorazepam (Ativan)
Antiplatelet and anticoagulant drugs (blood thinners) -- including clopidogrel (Plavix) and warfarin (Coumadin)

Fish oils are anti in flammatory
and can relieve the swelling seen in OA

not only alcoholic hepatitis but certain forms of mushroom poisoning
fish oils contain Omega 3Fatty acids and they are also useful in preventing Cardiovascular diseases
although you have to be very careful with the source, lots of fish harbor mercury in their bodies

hi guys, robin here, a newbie. tungkol sa fern-c. ni-recommend din un ng mga kasama sa work ng mommy ko. ayun pinang order nia ko and i am about to get them tomorrow. excited na nga ako. ok daw kasi talaga ang fern-c at good pa for pimples. hehe

Quote from: EdRobinson on March 21, 2010, 06:23:31 PM
hi guys, robin here, a newbie. tungkol sa fern-c. ni-recommend din un ng mga kasama sa work ng mommy ko. ayun pinang order nia ko and i am about to get them tomorrow. excited na nga ako. ok daw kasi talaga ang fern-c at good pa for pimples. hehe

Nice. Nars ka din robin! Wecome to pgg!