How to gain weight

Started by playbry_tennis, January 03, 2014, 12:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm still 17 years old. 5'4 and i weigh 46kg.

I want to gain weight and to add more "laman" to my body.
So, what are the things that i should do?
I'm still a student, schedule ko ay 7:30am-5:30am monday-friday and pumupunta ako ng school pag saturdays.

May meds ba kayo na maisusuggest na pampagana kumain kasi my appetite has been off the past few days. thanks!

I'm sure you want to gain weight without getting a big belly right?
Get a sport that will make you really active!
Basketball, swimming, volleyball, tennis etc...

Working out will make you gain muscle mass.

You can ask someone to teach you how to work out. Go with basic exercises and start them off right with form. Wag ka matetempt magjump to higher weights which can cause you injury. Form > Increased weight. Work out your muscles in sets and avoid doing total body workout everyday. Remember that muscles need 2-3 days to repair after heavy workouts.

If you can't get a gym membership, there is plenty of body weight, plyometric exercises in youtube and in the internet.  Read ahead and see which ones really work. Wag ka lang basta kukuha ng fad workout plan.

After working out, you need to match the energy used with quality calories and nutrients.

Eat right, go with proteins and vegetables.

Good source of proteins without getting a big belly is fish. Kung kaya ng tuna or tanigue kain ka ng marami. Kung kakain ka ng baboy, tanggalin mo yung taba at yung balat. Kung kakain ka ng gulay, go unlimited with green leafy vegetables.

If you're going to eat more, don't go with junkfoods, ice cream, cake, baked goods. Avoid sodas, fruit juices, and alcohol.

I'm sorry if I'm going to post the obvious health tips on getting a good body, but it really works. There is no short cuts on getting a good body.
Plastic surgery is only short term and won't make you healthy. Supplements are a bit dangerous since you don't know what they put in them.

Does roller skating helps? It is the sport I chose since it where I have fun the most.

Quote from: SuperBazor on January 03, 2014, 11:34:41 PM
Does roller skating helps? It is the sport I chose since it where I have fun the most.
Pick any sport and do well in it meaning practice and spent lots of time in it. Master it! Your muscles will accomodate to your routines and exercises and eventually you will gain strength. It will lead to the athlete body.

And you'll be surprised how much you will eat right after. Your body will immediately try to compensate by loading more calories.

Thanks for the tip kilo!
Di kasi ako makapag-gym kasi payat payat ko pa tapos busy ng sched, okay lang ba kung push up2, curl ups muna?

Tsaka anong maisusuggest nyo na meals for a student like me? yung budget meals po pero high in protein :)

nung nasa school pa ako,
sched ko is 7am to 5pm pure aral and eating
530-730 workout
8-830 eat
9-12 aral  unless may paperwork which force me to sacrifice gym time.
Weekends is always workout day. The only time I'm not working out is during exams.

Honestly, cheapest is magpaluto sa bahay. You know it is way healthier and you won't spend outside.

Or 
You learn how to cook and buy your own ingredients!
Almost all champion pinoy bodybuilders cook for themselves lalo na pag palapit na yung laban since they cannot rely on outside food. ( info based on my inquiries with my competing friends)
I refer too http://www.food.com kung naghahanap ng quick fix.
Seriously, you'll be amazed how much you can do by cooking stuff on your own. Kahit lahat ng permutation ng sandwich marami ka na magagawa.

Example:
Bili ka ng maraming pandesal sa pan de manila.
bili ka ng roasted chicken. Add in some Cheese OR Mayo (not both kasi fat source sila pareho and yes you need some fat)
Konting kamatis at lettuce.
Solb ka na!

Sawa ka sa chicken, bili ka ng Ham, salami, or roast beef.

Kung dadaan si mom at mahal na mahal kang sobra, pabili mo na lang sa kanya mga sandwich stuff mo.
Malilibre yung lunch mo, dadami pera mo = ask Chris for more porma stuff.

Quote from: playbry_tennis on January 04, 2014, 08:28:10 AM
Di kasi ako makapag-gym kasi payat payat ko pa tapos busy ng sched, okay lang ba kung push up2, curl ups muna?

To be honest, the only people who I consider to have busy schedules are the president, police, doctors (they work 36 hour shifts), lawyers, nurses who do 12-16 hours, company CEOs, companies without solid working hours killing their employees at 16 hours/day.

If you have time to be online for Facebook for 2 hours, watch every TV series, watch the movie, play computer games, criticize random people in the internet, go to a massage/spa.
then you have time to work out.

Last year lang, ang timbang ko ay around 50 - 55 Kgs lang.
Then I decided to gain weight, ngayon ako ay nasa 60 - 65 Kgs.
Marami nakapansin na lumaki ako when it comes to body mass ah, hindi sa height. hahaha. Ngayon ang goal ko naman ay ma-retain ko ang around 55-60 Kgs. Kasi nag-over-weight na ako.

Ano po ginawa mo kuya?
right now. nasa 49kg na ako. but kulang pa din. i wanna reach like 58kg

Hahaha, it's a big secret.
Bale ganito, eversince kasi hindi talaga ako tabain, kahit kain ako nang kain.
Pero meron akong iniinom na Chocolate Milk, hindi siya yung Whey Protein na sinasabi nila kasi minsan daw may side effects. Pero may protein content din siya. Para sa akin, it's better than Appeton, kasi I tried it also, mahal na di pa tumalab saken. Then kumakain ako maya't-maya, I remember also, I always have eggs during my meal, sa breakfast ko particularly or nagbabaon ako ng nilagang itlog sa office. Way back in elementary days kasi lagi may eggs ang pagkain ko at kapag kumakain ako ng eggs, bumibilog ako, though hindi mataba, masasabing nagkakalaman ako. Lucky enough na nakuha ko naman yung mass na kailangan ko, not that I am bragging pero kung makikita mo ang profile pic ko, di naman ako matabang as in mataba, may laman lang, di rin lumaki tiyan kahit lagi naka-upo, hahaha. At talagang nagyabang ako. Yung Chocolate drink na iyon, makikita mo siya sa mga Mercury Drug stores or even Supermarket or Grocery stores. PM me for the name. hehehe.

Kung gusto mo naman mag-reach ng weight na gusto mo, make sure na di ka mago-overweight. I-monitor mo pa rin. Kasi ako nag-overweight ako simula nung December eh. Ngayon nagpapababa ako ng timbang dun sa range ko. hahaha

Nga pala, nasa normal weight na ako. hehehe

try centrum or conzace pero consult first your doctor

and medyo damihan ang kain, kung hindi tumataba, mag weights training kahit sa bahay.

but dont exhaust yourself too much.

and watch Bizarre Foods, or Kitchen Nightmares, or any food related series. itll help

gym ka koya :D tska kaen pag may time .

Para sa mga payatot jan katulad ko hehe.. Tulungan nyo kami mga ka PGG ! Ayoko na maging payat yeah!!

Wag ka magmadali. Baka magsisi ka. Lol. I used to be petite when I was younger. Hintayin mo mastress ka sabay lamon maya't maya. Lalo rice, pizza, softdrinks tapos bawas j.o.ewan ko na lang di pa tumaba. Lol. :P