Whos is your Fashion icon? (Fil or Foreign)

Started by jorelljorell, July 16, 2009, 03:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: kim on September 22, 2009, 11:02:51 PM
Sa akin si Scott Schuman, the famous 'Sartorialist'. sa local naman, i guess si victor basa.

yung anak ni general garcia.. fashion icon in NY. never seen this.

Quote from: angelo on October 04, 2009, 10:58:49 PM
Quote from: kim on September 22, 2009, 11:02:51 PM
Sa akin si Scott Schuman, the famous 'Sartorialist'. sa local naman, i guess si victor basa.

yung anak ni general garcia.. fashion icon in NY. never seen this.
he's a publicist ng marc by marc jacobs. here's an article about him
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-09-11/fashions-night-on-probation/full/

not actually icons but designers that i currently check - lanvin's Lucas Ossendrijver and Tom Ford.

+1 to Scott Schuman's thesartorialist website daming pwedeng mapulot.

judE Law xiempre...
minsan sleek and polished siya.. minsan wild and rugged.  ;)

si Patrick. hahahaha. wala akong ginagaya e. Peo pag dating sa mga artista e, si Luis Manzano, malinis at maganda manamit.

Foreign
Michael Bublé

Simple lang.

for me i think si vhong navarro i like his fashion :)

James Dean, of course.

Kanye West

Francesco Cominelli

Chuck Bass not Ed Westwick

And some fckn random rad people featured on The Sartorialist

SILA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i love the creations made by these designers... my 2 cents it's better to go straight emulating the designer and you'll be surprised with those celebrities whom you share the same fashion preference...

heidi slimane - ex Dior Homme, he made the infamous DH jeans that are slim and amply sized top to create the slouch. the legs are made extra longer for that perfect stacking... orlando bloom, jude law and zachary quinto always wear DH jeans.

rick owens - the dark lord of avantgarde fashion. still dreaming to have his stooges jacket. a bit off from the rock scene where rick owens got inspired but john mayer usually rocks RO.

lucas ossendrijver - lanvin's men's designer who brought sneakers / trainers to newer heights. now celebrities like jude law and robert downey jr, rock suits with sneakers.... yup, some bad apples too desecrated by david beckham, usher, jay Z, kanye and all ballin rappers  >:(

hiroki nakamura - visvim's founder. probably one of the best streetwear artist.

hedi slimane,

i still prefer hedi's take on Dior Homme... here's one of his from 2004

orlando bloom and his DH jeans

==============================================

Rick Owens

ROs collection

john mayer rocking RO assyemtrical jacket

my favorite Rick Owen's leather - Stooges

==============================================

Hiroki Nakamura (VisVim)

his $neaker collection

2011 Visvim collection

=========================================

lucas ossendrijver, of lanvin's men's department (his the tall one, the stouter guy handles the women's deparmtent)... eto ung pics ni lucas that sold me to lanvin :)

lucas and his take on topsiders

lanvin $neakers

jude law rocking lanvin

robert downey jr's lanvin red carpet.. matching tie and sneakers

hmm.. for me.. they look like ordinary clothes.. but they are insanely expensive!

boomer23,
thanks

marvinofthefaintsmile,
ordinary in a way it's not tacky and no big logos to brag. ordinary as in in commonly seen maybe yes, because most of these stuff are copied by everyone. is it bad? no kasi for example the piping design on the robert downey's suit which is made by lanvin can now be seen sa H&M or other fast fashion companies. kaya affordable na for the designer look. pati DH jeans ni hedi, ginagamit ng viktor and even bigger fashion houses.

the only thing na i never settle for the cheaper alternative is the shoes.... sa jeans minsan pinapatulan ko na rin. but the leather jacket... i don't think i can cough up $3,000 for a rick owens stooges.... the design naman is classic borrowed from schott's perfecto.

among my fave designers, kay rick owens pinakamahirap ma-pull off... too run way and avantegarde for everyday wear. but a definite stand-out once you get it right... kahit mali you still stick like a sore thumb... halloween ang dating hehehe

dati.. ung mentioned about those .. 'bee hibe thingy design' sa likod ng jeans.. I try to find that sa ibang jeans but I found nothing.. Meron ka bang pic nun?